pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
P-5-P (60 tabs) By NOW Foods

Pyridoxal phosphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pyridoxal - 5 - Phosphate - CoEnzyme B6

Intake is frequently low & this nutrient is commonly deficient in pregnant women, children, the elderly & the ill. It is also depleted by birth control pills, alcohol, tobacco, some antibiotics, blood pressure medication, and numerous other prescription drugs.*

Without adequate vitamin B6, the amino acids in dietary protein are not of much use to you. Vitamin B6 literally controls the amino acid absorption, metabolism & transformations in your body. It also directly participates in carbohydrate & fat metabolism, as well as the formation of red blood cells & antibodies. It is necessary for the absorption & utilization of certain minerals & is required for the proper functioning of over sixty enzyme systems in our bodies.*

It is important to take the active co-enzyme form of B6, pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P-5-P.) Many B6 supplements are the inactive pyridoxine HCL form. In some cases, supplementation of the pyridoxine HCL form singularly and in doses as low as 200 mg daily over 3 years caused a reversible numbness & tingling of the extremities. This problem was thought to be secondary to the liver's inability to convert the pyridoxine HCL to the pyridoxal-5-phosphate form (which requires vitamin B2, magnesium & a well functioning liver.) Using P-5-P avoids this problem.*

Supplementation increases the production of serotonin, norepinephrine, GABA, dopamine, & other neurotransmitters.*

Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate:

Is essential to any natural anti-depressant program and detailed in Dr. Slagle's book, "The Way Up From Down"*
Helps to relieve premenstrual symptoms.*
Helps boost immunity.*
May be protective against some forms of cancer.*
May be effective with some forms of fertility.*
Has anti-convulsant effects.*
Helps with skin disorders.*
Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.*

Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate evidence suggests that P5P may have a protective effect against cardiovascular disease and some cancers. In light of this research, supplementation with P5P may be the first line of defense against the overabundance of methionin

VITAMIN B6

quoted from the above link: "less P 5-P is needed than pyridoxine. No controlled studies have given exact comparisons, but I've found 50 milligrams per day of P 5-P to do the work of 200 to 500 milligrams of pyridoxine hydrochloride....Several individuals presenting sensory neuropathy following high doses of pyridoxine had their conditions completely relieved by discontinuing the pyridoxine, taking no B6 in any form for 3 days, then taking 50 milligrams per day P 5-P for five days with no further symptoms"

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
P-5-P is a great form of b6 (the bioactive form) but it is also insanely expensive. If I ever do a BCAA-type product, I will use p5p

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just bought two bottles for about $14.... Ill probably use two caps a day so a 2 month supply for 14 bucks is really good for me. They are entric coated too so ill give it a shot over the regular b6.

Im just wondering how much more effective it will be.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i just bought two bottles for about $14.... Ill probably use two caps a day so a 2 month supply for 14 bucks is really good for me. They are entric coated too so ill give it a shot over the regular b6.

Im just wondering how much more effective it will be.
You going to use it at night for sleep enhancement, or with BCAAs for recovery enhancement? Or both?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually was going to use it on cycle to keep homocysteine levels down which increases cardiovascular risks, which would be more of a problem on cycle. Also b6 seems to work for prolactin control since prolactin rises when you have a b6 defiecency. Progesterone out of balance can lower vitamin B6 levels even more than estrogen alone. B vitamins help maintain liver health too. The liver needs B vitamins to break down estrogen. If it can't break down estrogen, the levels of estrogen increase. With B vitamins low, prolactin increases, leading to more breast tenderness. Vitamin B6 and zinc lower prolactin. So supplements with a B vitamin complex will help with the ratios and the sense of balance.

I should have picked up some zinc too...damn.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to post source, but i found them for $3.50ish a bottle of 100 50mg tabs online. so its not that pricey at all. I am now a firm believer in taking at leasts 100mg a day of these :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read on a site that sells p-5-p that 50mg of that is equal to 250mg of b6, just throwing that out there.
I think it is actually close to 10x more powerful, if I remember correctly.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote