possible B6 induced side effects?

charger71

Awards
  • Established
I ran B6 at 600mg for about a week then ramped down because both my hands started peeling and looked kind of pruny. i dont know if its because of dry weather, but its never been this bad before. can this be caused by B6?

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
From the Mayo clinic:

Side Effects and Warnings

Some individuals seem to be particularly sensitive to vitamin B6 and may have problems at lower doses. Overall, pyridoxine is generally considered safe in adults and children when used appropriately at recommended doses. Avoid excessive dosing.

Acne, skin reactions, allergic reactions, and photosensitivity have been reported.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
my hands just recently started peeling too, not taking large doses of b6 tho, just a multi. Its not prune looking just some spots are peeling on my fingers. Anyone know what this is from? Im just saying, it could be something else not the b6....how much are you taking?

charger71

Awards
  • Established
im not taking any now, stopped about a week ago. but i was running 600mg ed to lower prolactin.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wasn't taking any b6 and my hands were peeling pretty badly. i thought it was cuz i was in the desert and working out so hard. i believe it is either dry skin or athlete's foot on your hands.... either one i am not sure which caused it... but what i did is slow down on washing my hands as much and put lotion on them to keep them moisturized.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
i wasn't taking any b6 and my hands were peeling pretty badly. i thought it was cuz i was in the desert and working out so hard. i believe it is either dry skin or athlete's foot on your hands.... either one i am not sure which caused it... but what i did is slow down on washing my hands as much and put lotion on them to keep them moisturized.
yeah i was thinking it is a defiecency of something in my body, but im begining to think its just the weather?...? Ill start putting lotion on them. Looks pretty sick today actually after i just got out the shower...