Jerks who are against steroids and make it known....

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Have you ever encountered one of those guys who HATE steroids and everyone who uses them because they "know that they are bad for you" and refuse to listen to anything you have to say?

My college roommate is like that. Its impossible for him to NOT know i'm on (the safe in my room is a dead giveaway, plus I figure my roommate of all people should know in case anything happens to me). He's a good friend and everything but he always calls me fake, has hung signs on his door that say "100% all natural" with a picture of a syringe with an X over it, mentions how he doesn't "cheat" by using drugs, etc, etc.

Now, this kid is like 5'4 170 with a bit of a beer gut, and has been stuck at benching 225x4 for about 2 years (his lifting rotation is: chest, shoulders, arms, repeat... so you know what type of guy i'm talking about). If you're going to taunt someone, at least be built yourself so you have room to speak.

What do you guys do when you encounter someone like this?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well he obviously doesn't cheat. He doesn't really try hard either.

In any case, I am glad to hear that he doesn't use steroids because he doesn't sound like he would have a positive experience with them.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
dude just let him go on with his delusions, people like that there is no reasoning with them there the ignorant people that listen to everything the news says and has the same mind set as those people of the 50s. its best not to discuss it with him and if he keeps going on bout punch him in the mouth once, he will shut up

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
want me to beat him up for you? :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I like to do with cocky *******s with too much of an ego is offer to spot them on the bench press........just offer ;)

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Works like a charm. Their ego drops about as quickly as the bar hits their chest (and doesn't come up).

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
And this is a "good" friend??? I would hate to meet your enemys.

Unless hes a real joker about lots of things, then it sounds like he has a serious issue with you/your use, if hes trying to get you to stop, then I guess he is a freind, if he just bashes you, then I might rethink who I called friend.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
my good friend tells me i'm cheating all the time and that my muscles are deteriorating. i just say yeaaa okayyyyyyyy man whatever you say.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
It's only cheating if you compete in a sport. Rules are what define a sport. Bodybuilding for personal reasons has no rules, hence, using steroids is not cheating.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All is fair in love and war (and untested bodybuilding events) :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that I think about it, that's probably how steroids have gotten such a bad wrap. We mostly hear about them with an athlete who got their gold medal taken away.

Look at creatine. There was some athletes who tested positive for illegal substances in the early 90's, using spiked creatine, and there's still people who're convinced creatine is a steroid.

I mean people just associate the word "steroid" with illegal performance enhancing drug used to cheat in sports. Really, that couldn't be further from the truth.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Now that I think about it, that's probably how steroids have gotten such a bad wrap. We mostly hear about them with an athlete who got their gold medal taken away.

Look at creatine. There was some athletes who tested positive for illegal substances in the early 90's, using spiked creatine, and there's still people who're convinced creatine is a steroid.

I mean people just associate the word "steroid" with illegal performance enhancing drug used to cheat in sports. Really, that couldn't be further from the truth.
You are correct.

I just did an interview with Dr. Yesalis (a steroids expert from Penn State University) and we talked mostly about how steroids are not really "evil" but they are cheating when it comes to competitive events.

The interview should be published on a very reputable website, sometime soon.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This method has been recommended for other d bags, but I think it also applies in this situation:

punch him........HARD!! ,and tell him it was a present from tripdog!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Great responses, thanks guys!

I feel the same way about the "its not cheating unless you're in a sport where its against the rules". I just use to look better and feel better about myself, not for any kind of competitions. And so far with educated use, they have helped me a great deal and I have no regrets.

He's been "dieting" for over a year now (still eats pizza, drinks beer, etc) and hasn't lost much of anything. I just can't wait until I start to diet down for summer and have the fat come melting off.... I'm sure that will be a HUGE hit to his ego :)

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cheating is relative. Maybe eating a lot of protein is cheating, maybe creatine is cheating.

Tell him you're not just natural, you're 120% natural