The New "Natural"?

How do you balance gear/PH or any supplementation?

• I don't need "assistance" cuz I'm au naturale

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Never used anything but would if I reached a plateau

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Used once (or few) & quit

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I supplement regularly but only when I hit plateaus

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Gotta have it-can't progress without it! I'm a gear/PH/supplement junkie!

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there are many people who train "natutally" anymore if "natural" is not using ANY supplement/gear/PH. I haven't used anything but creatine and protein powders before but I'm planning on using PH once I have researched enough. Do you use gear/PH/supplements to overcome plateaus, to maintain, overcome genetics, etc?

BTW - Stats

Height: 6.0'
Weight: 215 lbs as of this AM
Goals: Bench 300 lbs, weight - 230, 6 pack abs (currently have a 12 pack, working on a case, lol)

Last edited:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The reason's for people's use of gear is quite wide...anything from competing in PLing, BBing, or pretty much any sport, as well as self confidence, or to obtain a certain look.

Why do you ask?

...and nice avy, btw, who is that?

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
On the avy...not sure...friend of mine sent it to me and I got hipnotized! :)

I'm asking because I used to think that I would never use gear. Now I would if I wasn't a puss about pinning and had good source (not asking). Now with PHs that gives me another option. I'm enjoying doing the research to put together a good cycle so I could easily get "caught up" on running cycles. I read a post somewhere on here where somebody mentioned that many guys are so focused on what to run next that they lose focus on the training.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
understandable...

...i wonder if anyone will man up with you're last option.

I know a lot of guys like that but won't admit it.

...for me though, it's the whole genetic potential thing.

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
ill admit ive caught myself spending more time thinking about what cycles to run rather than my training and diet. I know though that in the end no matter what you take it comes down to training hard and eating right. It cant be said enough.

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
You'd think it would be common sense but I guess it's not. After discovering AM I decided to up the cals and water intake. I'm up about 15 lbs with creatine and whey...but it's dirty right now...was tempted to try a cutting cycle but again, I'll wait to see what I can do without it first...this patience thing is tough :)

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
understandable...

...i wonder if anyone will man up with you're last option.

I know a lot of guys like that but won't admit it.

...for me though, it's the whole genetic potential thing.
I think on other boards thats all the majority would choose. But I'm sure you know that. A lot of guys go cycle to cycle forever. Its a lot more common that I originally thought.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been working out for?

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
It's only cheating if you compete in a sport. Rules are what define a sport. Bodybuilding for personal reasons has no rules, hence, using steroids is not cheating.

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
I've been working out since about my sophomore year in college...let's see...carry the 1... :-D About 19 years.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Lots of people get caught up in doing cycles all the time that they neglect the diet and training.

People become addicted to steroids/PHs. It seems once they finish a cycle, they want to jump back on a month or two later.

dirtydean12

dirtydean12

Awards
I enjoy my supps, but fear that if I do decide to start using real gear and pinning, that I won't want to quit. I've heard guys on gear saying when they're off it sucks bc you feel so strong and badass while on gear...

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
dirtydean12, that's how I feel. Using creatine my strength always increases vs not using anything so I cycle creatine more often since, of course, I want to increase size/strength...I just don't want to get the the point where I start to DEPEND on supps/PHs for gains.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why did you lump supps with PHs/gear?

So taking a multi is similar to Phs/gear?

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
warbird, the reason that I lump supps with gear is because I think a person can grow to depend (mentally) on most any supp, ie, I can't make gains without supplementing BCAAs, etc. That's all. I don't think taking a multi is similar to PHs/gear.