Side effects of Clomid?

C

Cruehead

Awards
Just wondering if you guys could share some of the sides you experienced from clomid. From what I understand some of the sides include hot flashes, mood swings and vision probs (this one really concerns me) I dont mind mind being a hot whiney bitch for a few weeks but going blind bothers me. So I was curious as to what you all have experienced and how severe the sides were.

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
LOL, and I still wonder why more people just don't use nolva..

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
super zit outbreak was my worst one..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump Matt. Its worse post cycle for me than during.

C

Cruehead

Awards
so no vision probs guys? how were your mood swings?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mood swings stink, no visions probs for me.

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
One of these next times I am going to do Nolva only and see if the zit outbreak is as bad..

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Have you guys considered that the break out may not be caused by clomid but just the altering of hormone levels. Most people I've discussed with tend to notice they get the worst acne when getting on and off cycle..(Ie, hormone blood levels changing rapidly).

WYD

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
That might be a viable idea WYD, the changing hormone level would be one factor but I am still wondering if it is caused by something with Clomid verses Nolvadex.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is the imbalance of hormones that is probably the cause but I also get it using Nolva during a cycle so who knows....I've never used Clomid during a cycle so there is nothing to compare it to duing a cycle.

E

elijah_123

Awards
Switched to nolva and won't be going back :)
My experience from one and only time use of clomid post cycle

Bad sides of clomid
Zits
Moodiness (felt like a woman at times, very irritating)

Good sides
Cool dreams
hpta working

R

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
the mood swings are the worst, any of you ever wake up in the middle of the night crying about the most trivial ****? That fucking sucks.

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Can't say I have done that one yet.. and hope I don't..

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
so u guys are for the nolva. eh?

i was gonna pick up some clomid for my next post cycle, but now im thinking otherwise.........

i notice that when im "on" w/ PH's, i dont have any acne at all. but when i start 6OXO, i break out like crazy. its not on my shoulders or body either, its always on my face. :(

M

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
Do the majority of people get bad acne from Clomid? If so is there any way to curb it? Does it last the whole duration of use or just during the beginning with high dosages?

Also, how long after last application of a transdermal should you take the first 300mg dosage of Clomid?

Thanks for the help!

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I get minor acne, nothing bad at all though. The mood swings kinda suck, no fun almost cyring like a little girl one day last week, lol :D

....make that a very large girl, haha!!

W

wikked1

Awards
is this one of those "scared straight threads"? ("OK I swear I'll stay natural forever") because you guys are taking all the fun out of the post cycle thing for me! Only time I ever want to cry like a little girl is when I get my ass in the squat rack and can't get back to the top. Let's see if I get this right.......plus=up to 20ish lbs of LBM.....minus=acne & moodswings & crying over nothing......decisions, decisions "I'd like up to 20lbs of LBM less the side order please"!

M

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
Are the mood swing uncontrollable or is it just like if you get upset you get really upset?? Im throwing a big party about 2 weeks into using clomid and I don't wanna break down crying there! Hopefully the alcohol will have me thinking happy thoughts :D :D

Still curious on the best time to start Clomid after last TD application!

-Mike

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I had very very minor mood swings when on clomid, nothing huge, never broke down crying (came close once). The acne was definitely more noticable post than while on, but again, nothing a little hygene can't take care of.

ManBeast

D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Bunch-o-sissies!!!
nothing like seeing a 250 lb man sitting on the curb at 3am crying like a girl.

The trick is just dont think. At all!! If you do it will be some depressing as moment or some crap like that that will set you off on a bs fit.

I am so glad I dont get these mood swings like you guys are talking. Id be scared to leave the house. Minor acne though. Nothing to keep me from doing the norm though. Besides I think the beach helps clear that **** up for me.

God you guys make post sound so bad. Id hate to see you guys deal with this lethargy Im fighting right now. Im not typing. Im curling one arm over the keyboard with my fingers pointed down and just dropping when I get over the keys. And im at work. :D

db

M

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Man I wish I lived by the beach what a great incentive to work out

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Man I wish I lived by the beach what a great incentive to work out
teh, tell me about it. all i have around here are rolling hills and a Dairy Queen. nah, its not that bad, hey db, hows about u tell ur wife that u found ur long lost bro on a bb'ing website, and that i need a place to stay for a bit? :D

J

jediclampet

Awards
Switched to nolva and won't be going back :)
My experience from one and only time use of clomid post cycle

Bad sides of clomid
Zits
Moodiness (felt like a woman at times, very irritating)

Good sides
Cool dreams
hpta working
So you like nolva much better? Less sides with nolva? I am torn between using both clomid and nolva (both at lower than normal doses) or only nolva.

M

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
yep nolva is amazing no sides same great flavor

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
lol....like I said, why do people keep dicking around with clomid... hahaha.. Everyone on nolva is like, yeah, I feel fine, my test is coming back nicely. Everyone clomid is saying, Im crying daily.. I wrote 3 poems today.... lol... :)

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Id hate to see you guys deal with this lethargy Im fighting right now.
That was my biggest problem also.
I couldn't get motivared to do anything.
Didn't want to eat or work out.
Guess what happened to the nice gains I made...

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
The mood swings aren't really that bad, lol. It's not as if they are a big enough deterrant that I won't us it, or that it's completely uncontrollable emotional outburts for christs' sake! :D

I personally chose clomid becuase I ran letro through cycle and post cycle now also, and I have heard that nolva and letro do not play well together ;) Allegedly one decreased the effectiveness of the other by a significant %, so I figured I'd go with letro/clomid, although one could just as easily do Nolva. Choices, choices :D

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One time I was walking in the mall and Banana Republic had a sale, and I just broke down and started crying...

D

db682

Awards
  • Established
hhahahhahaaha,..... WHAT?:confused:
That is a serious issue my friend.
A sale at banana republic is nothing to cry about. There regular prices on the other hand, my eyes welt up just thinking about em.:D

db

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well, I was mad because a week ago I bought a shirt that was like , I dunno 55 bucks or something and now it was like 19.99, and I kept saying WHY HAS GOD FORSAKEN ME!!!!

C

Cruehead

Awards
Im starting to get scared now. Maybe Ill just go on 1 big never ending cycle and never have to do post cycle meds. Although I do enjoy a good sale at the mall with my guy friends ;)

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
after watching " Queer Eye for the straight guy" I really wanna corral up some gay dudes and go shopping... that wrong?

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO @ Jar!!!! :D :D

After several weeks of Clomid therapy I find I now enjoy interior decorating, new fashion trends, and rainbows. I cry at sad movies and just want romance, is that so wrong?!! Ok, now I'm misty, I gotta go....... :D :D :shoot:

Again, it's no big deal for those of you who haven't used Clomid, you don't turn into a complete f'ing emotional wreck (aka: woman) in 4 weeks!!

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
... and I sit in my window sill, with my diary , listening to Dashboard Confessionals , writing in a teary eyed prose....

<~~~ took creative writing in high school

Z

Zifur

Awards
Oh my god! I am starting my post cycle of clomid next Wednesday. After reading this thread, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it! This will be my first time using clomid post cycle. Guess I'll buy some Midol and rent some romantic comedies! Funny ass thread though!

Zifur

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Hell, I'm getting sad just reading about you guys!