injection HELP!!!

richirich_99

Awards
Today was my first ever self injection, i did 1cc of sust with a one inch needle in the glute. Didnt really hurt or anything when i did it, all was good. Then all of a sudden after i finished my workout my right glute hurt. It wasnt too bad of a pain, but as today went on the more sore and painful it becomes. I massaged the area when i was done too. its not red or swollen or bruised, but the entire muscle itself is sore. is this normal? and what can i do to help make it not feel so sore?

jrob24

Awards
its pretty normal man. sometimes it will be pain free and sometimes it will hurt a bit for like 4 days. What gauge needle did you use? also i would use a 1-1/2 inch needle if injecting in the glute and i usually use a 23g needle, but an 18g to draw with

richirich_99

Awards
its pretty normal man. sometimes it will be pain free and sometimes it will hurt a bit for like 4 days. What gauge needle did you use? also i would use a 1-1/2 inch needle if injecting in the glute and i usually use a 23g needle, but an 18g to draw with
I used a 23gauge needle. would a one inch needle be ideal for venrtoglute injections? thinking about trying that on the next injection on thursday.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used a 23gauge needle. would a one inch needle be ideal for venrtoglute injections? thinking about trying that on the next injection on thursday.
i use 25 gauge 1 inch in ventroglute.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
one cc of omnadren (same as sust i believe) left me sore sometimes, especially the first shot or two, you get nervous and the hands are shaky and what not

i haven't had an infection, so keep that in mind

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its normal man.

just curious, are you drawing with the same needle you shoot with?

The pain will most likely always be there after a shot of sust but youll get used to it.

richirich_99

Awards
its normal man.

just curious, are you drawing with the same needle you shoot with?

The pain will most likely always be there after a shot of sust but youll get used to it.
no im not using the same needle to draw with. its still a 23ga 1 inch that im drawing with, then using a new neelde to inject

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
if you are doing glute and not ventroglute you oughta consider a 1.5 inch 23 gauge too

richirich_99

Awards
i was planning on doing ventroglute, and trying quads....that way i dont have to order more needles....kinda nervous about ordering online, and i cant buy them at a pharmacy in my state cuz its banned needle sales unless you have a medical need for them, and a card from your dr.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
T400 was the absolute worst in terms of pain. It basically left my quads crippled to the point where I couldn't even work out, could barely even lift my leg to get into the car, kind of pointless really.

Sust wasn't so bad.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The problem with sust is that it's a blend. It's the prop that kills ya.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Pumpingiron beat me to it.... The prop in sust will cause some pain, if you were moving the pin around when injecting, that can also cause some pain. I would definitely go with 1.5" if you're going to continue with glute injections.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Pumpingiron beat me to it.... The prop in sust will cause some pain, if you were moving the pin around when injecting, that can also cause some pain. I would definitely go with 1.5" if you're going to continue with glute injections.
the deeper in the muscle he better.

and your right about the needle, i believe this is his first cycle so he was def. nervous, so thats gonna happen like 99.9% of the time.

richirich_99

Awards
the deeper in the muscle he better.

and your right about the needle, i believe this is his first cycle so he was def. nervous, so thats gonna happen like 99.9% of the time.
yeah this was my first time so i was shaky when i did it, and probably moved the needle around, so thats probably what it was. im actually looking forward to thursday's injection....weird!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
yeah this was my first time so i was shaky when i did it, and probably moved the needle around, so thats probably what it was. im actually looking forward to thursday's injection....weird!
I did the same thing on my first, moved it around quite a bit. Think about it, the tip of a pin is like a razor sharp knife and when you move it around it's slicing through tissue... ouch.

And ya, you'll start looking forward to them, kinda makes ya feel weird.... looking forward to jabbing your ass with a needle.... LOVE IT!!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
It most definitely grows on you and get easier every time...good luck bro.

Bigbadstad

Awards
Im currently doing a cycle and I inject with a 22g 1" and find no problems. However, my first shot, I decided to do left cheek and I feel your pain. I could actually feel the needle tip move...AHHH!!!! Always have done it in the right. It hurt so bad that I could barely walk for 2 days.

Lesson I learned...use right cheek when i pin and if left cheek does it, have the girlfriend who is a pre-med in college help. She loves to stick me with it....kinda weird:think:

BigPHusers11

BigPHusers11

Awards
  • Established
ur fine i get red spots too for like a day or two...

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
It most definitely grows on you and get easier every time...good luck bro.
i look forward to my injections now. i have one spot left to do in my first rotation and thats left ventroglute. it is going to be a ***** to turn around and pin myself with my left hand. i'm almost positive i'm going to be moving that needle around:run:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
i look forward to my injections now. i have one spot left to do in my first rotation and thats left ventroglute. it is going to be a ***** to turn around and pin myself with my left hand. i'm almost positive i'm going to be moving that needle around:run:
It's not as bad as you think. Take your time. You can even use your pinky to help stabilize your hand.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
You'll be fine, just take it nice and easy...

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
ah it wasn't that bad. i did move a bit but nothing that will make it unbearable to walk tomorrow. i can't even feel the oil going in in the glutes.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
try sitting down

richirich_99

Awards
i'd rather do a ventro glute inject standing up, but i guess we all need to figure out our own way of doing it.
i pinned my left ventroglute yesterday, and it didnt hurt nearly as bad as when i pinned my right glute on monday.

BigPHusers11

BigPHusers11

Awards
  • Established
if ur only doing it twice a week pin thighs....thats the newbie spot them and delts are easy

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
if ur only doing it twice a week pin thighs....thats the newbie spot them and delts are easy
idk i'd rather just get comfortable with all of them for 'future use'. i haven't found a single one to be worse than another. maybe a little harder to get to but definitely not more painful, etc.

richirich_99

Awards
i totally disagree. the amount of veins in your legs is insane.
agree, i dont want to take any chances with pinning somewhere with too many veins....even tho i do aspirate when i inject.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agree, i dont want to take any chances with pinning somewhere with too many veins....even tho i do aspirate when i inject.
You have veins all over your body, so no matter where you inject it's a known risk of the procedure. Needle aspiration should always be performed before any injection to assess for direct exposure of substance intravenously. However, even if you aspirate and no blood is returned that doesn't necessarily mean you're not in or close to a small venuole or capillary. Sometimes the excessive suction force from needle aspiration causes the small venuole's walls to collapse and as a result no blood will aspirate when attempted.

As long as you landmark injection sites carefully you'll minimize the risk of hitting significant underlying vasculature, so don't be affraid to pin in appoved injection sites as long as you do your homework on proper injection technique and landmarking the sites properly.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have veins all over your body, so no matter where you inject it's a known risk of the procedure. Needle aspiration should always be performed before any injection to assess for direct exposure of substance intravenously. However, even if you aspirate and no blood is returned that doesn't necessarily mean you're not in or close to a small venuole or capillary. Sometimes the excessive suction force from needle aspiration causes the small venuole's walls to collapse and as a result no blood will aspirate when attempted.

As long as you landmark injection sites carefully you'll minimize the risk of hitting significant underlying vasculature, so don't be affraid to pin in appoved injection sites as long as you do your homework on proper injection technique and landmarking the sites properly.
ladies and gentlemen the male nurse has spoken :lol: :D

bodyworksten

Awards
IM still trying to figure out where you post a thread. I have a question as well about a big hard knot after a shot a week ago. Ive done several cycles and never had this happen. Yeah it hurts like hell too. How do I get rid of it?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IM still trying to figure out where you post a thread. I have a question as well about a big hard knot after a shot a week ago. Ive done several cycles and never had this happen. Yeah it hurts like hell too. How do I get rid of it?
click forum up top,then go into the correct forum.At the top of the page it should say start new thread.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
trauma, were you a naughty nurse for halloween?
Yes......very naughty:twisted: . Well actually in a sense, but the wife plays the role all too well.....god i love my hot naughty nurse wife haha :D :chick:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i always do ventroglutes laying down on my side.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
To this day i'm still clueless as to if I was actually pinning my ventroglutes or not. If not I found a new, sweet injection site.
:jaw: fvckin gixxer damnit.. i took some of your advice where to pin ventroglutes!! is that why my whole left damn ass cheek is hurting like a mofo right now!!!!! :frustrate

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I will post some pics of it, haha..maybe I can be one of those creepy half naked guys on spotinjects.com :lol:

No, your in pain because you a newb at pinning. :toofunny:

I put 2mls of prop into the "gixxer spot" commonly referred to as the "G-spot"
I thought that spot was just made up by women (for ex you)? :pose: