just a false story

Status
Not open for further replies.
skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
so lets say you start getting many hang up calls ,then finaly a message saying that federal agent **** wants you to give him a call.Well after much debate you decide to give a call.He says he wants to know about some steroids you ordered about a year ago,he says if you tell him what he wants, you will be in no trouble.Basicly he already knows your name ,what you ordered, when you got it , and who you ordered it from --just wants you to addmit it ,so in panic mode you tell him ---yes it true---he says ok ,that your good and hangs up----now fully expecting that when you get home from work theres a good chance your gonna get busted,nothing happens --a short peroid of time goes by nothing happens ,then you start to get some more hang ups but no messages --at this point your a nervous reck, wondering if your being watched or monitered--and if your ever gonna get the balls to order again

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well you should not have said anything. Ever.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Federal Agent ? from what agency? Federal Agents don't act like that.

It's possible that some low level clerk in a federal agency was running down a customer list from someone they busted trying to build a case...and for whatever reason, your friend decided to spontaneously confess.

Your friend should clean house. Your frind should STFU if he's approached again. Your friend is likely to be called as a witness against the distributor who got busted and threatened with prosecution if he doesn't cooperate. Your friend should get a lawyer the second he's contacted by law enforcement in a legitimate way.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Well first lets not say it was me [somone I know] can you honestly say when put in a position of getting in trouble that you would say nothing?
Of course. Your friend WASN'T IN TROUBLE until he confessed. Law enforcement didn't have PROOF of anything. All they had was your friend's name down on a customer list of some distributor they busted. That's not enough evidence to prove a traffic ticket let alone a federal crime. STFU when talking to law enforcement.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well first lets not say it was me [somone I know] can you honestly say when put in a position of getting in trouble that you would say nothing?
I can say that. And that's all I have to say about that.

As YR said, he needs to seek counsel immediately in order to review his options. An actual investigator would have made it very known that you were being reviewed [unless you were part of a larger sting operation, but, given the circumstances, that isn't likely].

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Federal Agent ? from what agency? Federal Agents don't act like that.

It's possible that some low level clerk in a federal agency was running down a customer list from someone they busted trying to build a case...and for whatever reason, your friend decided to spontaneously confess.

Your friend should clean house. Your frind should STFU if he's approached again. Your friend is likely to be called as a witness against the distributor who got busted and threatened with prosecution if he doesn't cooperate. Your friend should get a lawyer the second he's contacted by law enforcement in a legitimate way.
well before talking my friend check out the phone # and it was ligit ,the agent was from the FDA

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Of course. Your friend WASN'T IN TROUBLE until he confessed. Law enforcement didn't have PROOF of anything. All they had was your friend's name down on a customer list of some distributor they busted. That's not enough evidence to prove a traffic ticket let alone a federal crime. STFU when talking to law enforcement.
Well not to get into exact details the agent had a lot more info on my friend then that

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I can say that. And that's all I have to say about that.

As YR said, he needs to seek counsel immediately in order to review his options. An actual investigator would have made it very known that you were being reviewed [unless you were part of a larger sting operation, but, given the circumstances, that isn't likely].
EXACTLY!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
well before talking my friend check out the phone # and it was ligit ,the agent was from the FDA
JFC. The FDA doesn't conduct law enforcement actions against individuals. This is the FOOD and DRUG Administration. That's like confessing drunk driving because someone who works at the DMV tells you that they saw you leaving a bar and getting into your car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_Drug_Administration

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Well not to get into exact details the agent had a lot more info on my friend then that
No they didn't. They didn't have ****. Even if they had detailed log books with credit card receipts....they didn't have PROOF that a crime had taken place. They bluffed your friend into confessing to a series of federal crimes.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like your friend should contact a lawyer and wait for the FDA chap(s) to make the next move. Then he should insist on details.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
[/SIZE]EXACTLY!
After one of the largest drug busts in recent law enforcement history, the FDA, of all agencies [as YR said they don't prosecute individuals] is not going to go after an end-point user. That is, unless, your friend had a larger knowledge, or they perceived him to have, large knowledge of the distribution scheme under which he received his product. Which I am guessing he doesn't. So calm down, and as YR said, STFU when Law speaks to you.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
JFC. The FDA doesn't conduct law enforcement actions against individuals. This is the FOOD and DRUG Administration. That's like confessing drunk driving because someone who works at the DMV tells you that they saw you leaving a bar and getting into your car.

On Oct. 29, 1998, when Gerald M. Bevins slowly wheeled his motor home into a McDonald's parking lot outside San Diego, he wasn't looking for a burger and fries. He was there to meet his wife and daughter, who would help him package the prescription drugs he had just smuggled in from Mexico. His next stop was to be a nearby Federal Express facility, where he planned to ship his packages for delivery to customers across America.

But Bevins never made it. After knocking on the door of the motor home and requesting entry, agents from the Food and Drug Administration's Office of Criminal Investigations (OCI), U.S. Customs, and the Postal Service discovered Bevins, his wife, and their daughter sorting and packaging the drugs.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Whatever the case is, the best advice that anyone could have on any legal matter is to keep your mouth totally shut except to ask for your right to legal representation. The old, "I need to speak to my lawyer" response is about the only thing you should say.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think that they might though. There was this commercial back in 1995 with an actor I forget his name but he is famous. Anyway, the FDA breaks into his house with semi-automatic weapons and he says "Hold on guys, its just Vitamin C!, you know like in orange juice?!?". It was before they passed DSHEA. I just can't think of this guys name, he plays in Apocolypto(can't spell either). I have actually read about the FDA breaking into supplement companies armed with semi-automatic weapons. They do raids just like SWAT and POLICE.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
On Oct. 29, 1998, when Gerald M. Bevins slowly wheeled his motor home into a McDonald's parking lot outside San Diego, he wasn't looking for a burger and fries. He was there to meet his wife and daughter, who would help him package the prescription drugs he had just smuggled in from Mexico. His next stop was to be a nearby Federal Express facility, where he planned to ship his packages for delivery to customers across America.

But Bevins never made it. After knocking on the door of the motor home and requesting entry, agents from the Food and Drug Administration's Office of Criminal Investigations (OCI), U.S. Customs, and the Postal Service discovered Bevins, his wife, and their daughter sorting and packaging the drugs.
LOL, you notice the multiple agencies involved. They didn't leave hang-ups on his voicemail....and he wasn't an end user. He was someone who had imported prescription drugs (the FDA's jurisdiction) for distribution. You can bet it was Customs who slapped the cuffs on him.

JFC people. If you're going to commit crimes, then learn to act like criminals.

The FDA Office of Criminal Investigations only enforces two statutes: the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and the Federal Antitampering Act.

Unless you're selling misbranded drugs, contaminated food or faulty surgical devices, they're not going to be knocking on your door.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I have actually read about the FDA breaking into supplement companies armed with semi-automatic weapons. They do raids just like SWAT and POLICE.
Supplement companies yes. That's their jurisdiction. That's where some of the designer "supplements" have gotten into trouble. The FDA has interpreted them as being "misbranded drugs" and threatened prosecution.

And frankly, if someone is selling multivitamins contaminated with lead, I want law enforcement to go throw their asses in jail.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, you notice the multiple agencies involved. They didn't leave hang-ups on his voicemail....and he wasn't an end user. He was someone who had imported prescription drugs (the FDA's jurisdiction) for distribution. You can bet it was Customs who slapped the cuffs on him.

JFC people. If you're going to commit crimes, then learn to act like criminals.

The FDA Office of Criminal Investigations only enforces two statutes: the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and the Federal Antitampering Act.

Unless you're selling misbranded drugs, contaminated food or faulty surgical devices, they're not going to be knocking on your door.
I'm ****ed

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I apologize if I came across as unduly harsh. Back in my youth, I used to be involved in all manner of illegal activity. Although I was taken into custody a number of times, I was never arrested because I was smart enough to be unfailingly polite, appear cooperative (without actually cooperating) and to STFU about anything illegal that I was involved in. I'm just amazed when I see people confessing or worse yet, arguing with law enforcement.

If you're going to confess, do it AFTER you get a lawyer. Then it can be part of a plea deal (I'll confess to the misdemeanor if you drop the felony charges).

In this specific case, my advice to your friend still stands. Clean house. STFU to EVERYONE about this. Get the name of a criminal defense lawyer and hope you're too small of a fish to be bothered with. My best guess is that your friend is going to be leaned-on to be a witness against the distributor. Let the lawyer cut the deal.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, but seriously now YR, what of my faulty surgical devices? I'm scared ****less.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow - this sounds like the ending to all CSI shows... Grisam goes over the evidence against the suspect, then the suspect just looks down and says, "You figured it out. Yeah, I did it - and I'll do it again!" - STFU, bottom line.

RwhJR3

RwhJR3

Awards
How can he prove that your the one he spoke with on the phone?

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I apologize if I came across as unduly harsh. Back in my youth, I used to be involved in all manner of illegal activity. Although I was taken into custody a number of times, I was never arrested because I was smart enough to be unfailingly polite, appear cooperative (without actually cooperating) and to STFU about anything illegal that I was involved in. I'm just amazed when I see people confessing or worse yet, arguing with law enforcement.

If you're going to confess, do it AFTER you get a lawyer. Then it can be part of a plea deal (I'll confess to the misdemeanor if you drop the felony charges).

In this specific case, my advice to your friend still stands. Clean house. STFU to EVERYONE about this. Get the name of a criminal defense lawyer and hope you're too small of a fish to be bothered with. My best guess is that your friend is going to be leaned-on to be a witness against the distributor. Let the lawyer cut the deal.
Well thanks,this is what my friends thinking 1] the dude whos in trouble was a crook[ripped off many bros] so he"ll get whats coming2]my friend ordered the book "legal muscle"so that could help3]all that agent has is an admission of ordering a small amount of pills over a year ago so if he STFU everything should be ok[dont think there going to use the manpower for a search warrent ]so clean house?maybe as long as no current tranactions no problem5] the future, my friend thinking its going to be hard to continue in bodybuiling/weight traing--[at least for 3 years]his name has most likely been given to the post office and they might be monitering the internet and who knows what else--time to sell the weights?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I think 300 said it best

"Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

Much Love,

Neoborn

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5] the future, my friend thinking its going to be hard to continue in bodybuiling/weight traing--[at least for 3 years]his name has most likely been given to the post office and they might be monitering the internet and who knows what else--time to sell the weights?
This is ridiculous. Many train without the use of steroids. If he cannot train without the use of steroids then he has a drug problem not a training problem.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
This is ridiculous. Many train without the use of steroids. If he cannot train without the use of steroids then he has a drug problem not a training problem.
Yep.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
well yes, many people train without steroids but if your older and been training with them for along time and your natural test levels are very low it makes it very difficult [and unijoyable] to train .I was thinking HRT/TRT but finding a doc and having your INS cover it seems unlikely

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Never should have talked to the feds in the first place.

The feds are in place for one reason, and one reason only: to **** over the average American.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Never should have talked to the feds in the first place.

The feds are in place for one reason, and one reason only: to **** over the average American.
will do in the future---dont think its over yet--just got another hang up call-damn

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know anything about this kinda stuff, but why would a federal agency be doing hang-up calls?

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I don't know anything about this kinda stuff, but why would a federal agency be doing hang-up calls?
lot of things about this dont make any sense---thats what they did last week ,after about 8 hang ups in an hour ,the last call he said who he was and left a # to call him at

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
lot of things about this dont make any sense---thats what they did last week ,after about 8 hang ups in an hour ,the last call he said who he was and left a # to call him at
Change your phone number. It only costs a couple bucks and will give you some peace of mind. Make it unlisted (cops will in theory need a warrant to get it again). Hell, you could even just move if you're not trapped in a mortgage or lease.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know ,if your on some kind of suspect list does the USPS have the right to open your mail,domestic?also for someone to use a phone call as evidence, they need to let you know their recording you right?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know ,if your on some kind of suspect list does the USPS have the right to open your mail,domestic?also for someone to use a phone call as evidence, they need to let you know their recording you right?
The USPS has the right to open your mail if there is reasonable suspicion of illegal activity (they obtain a warrant and do it secretly). Confession that a person has used the USPS to engage in interstate commerce of controlled substances qualifies as reasonable suspicion.

Moreover, USPS will sometimes do what is known as a controlled delivery where they go ahead and delivery the package in which they discovered contraband and arrest the recipient when they take possession of it (in cooperation with law enforcement agencies).

As to entering the phone call into evidence, that's more complicated. For normal people, it's usually a crime to record a phone call without two-party permission (state laws vary). However, law enforcement can do so with a warrant without the suspects permission.

Even if the phone call wasn't recorded, there is going to be a federal agent swearing under oath that your friend confessed to him. That's not the end of the world but it doesn't look good if there is other corroborating evidence.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
The USPS has the right to open your mail if there is reasonable suspicion of illegal activity (they obtain a warrant and do it secretly). Confession that a person has used the USPS to engage in interstate commerce of controlled substances qualifies as reasonable suspicion.

Moreover, USPS will sometimes do what is known as a controlled delivery where they go ahead and delivery the package in which they discovered contraband and arrest the recipient when they take possession of it (in cooperation with law enforcement agencies).

As to entering the phone call into evidence, that's more complicated. For normal people, it's usually a crime to record a phone call without two-party permission (state laws vary). However, law enforcement can do so with a warrant without the suspects permission.

Even if the phone call wasn't recorded, there is going to be a federal agent swearing under oath that your friend confessed to him. That's not the end of the world but it doesn't look good if there is other corroborating evidence.
So if by some chance I make it out of this,dont ever think of ordering again

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
So if by some chance I make it out of this,dont ever think of ordering again
Look, there are certain ways to really screw yourself up if committing a crime.

If you're going to rob someplace, do a chain store not a bank. Robbing a bank automatically makes it a federal crime and the FBI will be looking for you. The FBI will most likely be a hell of a lot more competent and have more resources to catch you than your local police.

If you're going to buy controlled substances, doing so via the USPS automatically makes it a federal crime (probably several depneding upon the circumstances of the transactions).

Federal criminal statutes are pretty harsh and the sentencing guidelines don't leave much discretion to the judge.

As a general rule, it's a good idea to avoid breaking the law. It's an even better idea to avoid breaking federal laws.

There are plenty of (arguably) legal orals still available.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Look, there are certain ways to really screw yourself up if committing a crime.

If you're going to rob someplace, do a chain store not a bank. Robbing a bank automatically makes it a federal crime and the FBI will be looking for you. The FBI will most likely be a hell of a lot more competent and have more resources to catch you than your local police.

If you're going to buy controlled substances, doing so via the USPS automatically makes it a federal crime (probably several depneding upon the circumstances of the transactions).

Federal criminal statutes are pretty harsh and the sentencing guidelines don't leave much discretion to the judge.

As a general rule, it's a good idea to avoid breaking the law. It's an even better idea to avoid breaking federal laws.

There are plenty of (arguably) legal orals still available.
thanks for your help ,your very educated in these matters ---still ,Im betting on being to small a fish for them to worry about

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats bull. theyve knocked on the door for recieving illegal steroids in the mail.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for your help ,your very educated in these matters ---still ,Im betting on being to small a fish for them to worry about
hey, i thought this was a friend not you! lol.

Lets say i know someone who had FDA at their house where they rented and the landlord let them in. THis guy confessed to ordering and cooperated even gave the feds some Tamox tabs he had. They made this guy flush the tabs in the toilet and nothing ever came of it again. They wanted to search a bedroom but the owner did not allow them. They did not search.

How do you know the hang up calls are from the Feds? Caller ID? it could just be someone fvcking with you, totally unrelated to the Fed call.

Status
Not open for further replies.