How many PS/PH Cycles have you run? How many are too many?

hockeyroom28

Awards
I'm in the middle of my 1st PH run with M-Drol, and starting to really see great gains. I'm already looking forward and thinking about a new cycle. Health is my first consideration, so I am going to be doing time on + PCT = time off before doing another.

How many PH/PS cycles have you run? Do you think that is too many? How many is TOO many, basing this off of health concerns? Would pulsing future cycles be better after doing a full 3 (maybe 4 week M-Drol cycle now)?

BTW, my next cycle would be around Jan-Feb which is when I will start cutting.

Thanks!

richirich_99

Awards
i personally only do about 2 maybe 3 cycles in a year. A lot of it will depend on how you handle any sides. you have any sides yet? just make sure you plan out everything real good and dont start another one til you have everything on hand that you might need.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in the middle of my 1st PH run with M-Drol, and starting to really see great gains. I'm already looking forward and thinking about a new cycle. Health is my first consideration, so I am going to be doing time on + post cycle therapy = time off before doing another.

How many PH/PS cycles have you run? Do you think that is too many? How many is TOO many, basing this off of health concerns? Would pulsing future cycles be better after doing a full 3 (maybe 4 week M-Drol cycle now)?

BTW, my next cycle would be around Jan-Feb which is when I will start cutting.

Thanks!
First off, if health was indeed your "first consideration", you would NOT be running M-Drol. It is a superdrol clone and superdrol is well known to destroy your lipids (i.e. raise LDL and drastically reduce HDL).

Not trying to be a d*ck or anything but the reality is that those of us who decide to cycle do so by balancing risk with reward. That said, my opinion is that 3 four week cycles is about the max. you should consider in any given year.

Are the adverse effects of PH use cumulative? Does serious risk to your health increase with each successive cycle? I'm not sure anyone has proved this but it would not be surprising. Be safe.

hockeyroom28

Awards
thanks for the replies. M-Drol is killing me with lethargy and feeling like crap overall, but I have been gaining a lot of size and strength. I would plan to do 2 a year, one for bulk and and one for cut.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Study up on any substance you plan to use, take appropriate time off, use proper ancillaries, liver care, cholesterol care, bloodwork, etc., and don't overrun your cycles; do them and then get out! That way you can continue to do them for years and years safely and effectively. I'd also say that 2-3 per year would be best, unless they are super quick and mild. For the longer AAS cycles, it's like 1-2 per year.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
HAHA i hate when girls have tiny a$$ arms like that. Like almost anorexic...ugg. I feel like im goin to hurt her. Oh yea having a hot chick in your avi is the coolest! Like peeing your pants...
BDSMFER!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Why would someone want to do such a thing to sweet little megan?
I think megan fox is drop dead gorgeous, but you decided to go with a pic that makes her look somewhat sickly...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
As far as the actual thread is concerned...I personally have ran* 4 designer cycles in my life.

1 PP in 2005
1 SD/ZOL in 2006
1 P25 in 2007
1 Havoc in 2007

...and I will most likely never run one again.

*Is ran or run the correct verb usage???

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I've only run a couple new items, and used to run the old school ph's, and my uneducated opinion would be 2-3 per year.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
2 - 1Test/4AD

I usually play it on the cautious side and only run 1 cycle per year...although I havent touched any hormones in about 3 years.

Thinking of a Epistane pulse to help with an upcoming cut though...

bv

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Run is both a past and present participle, ran would only be a past. I.e., you could say "this cycle is being run by a friend of mine right now" or "my friend ran this cycle last year".

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Run is both a past and present participle, ran would only be a past. I.e., you could say "this cycle is being run by a friend of mine right now" or "my friend ran this cycle last year".
thanks...but umm, which is the correct usage for my statement?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks...but umm, which is the correct usage for my statement?
your original statement sounds right. dont trip :thumbsup:

On topic...i think 1 cycle a year is better in the long run for you HPTA and overall health, of course right? I say the norm is 2-3 a year. This will probably be my most active year with 4 months total so far and probably add another 2 months to that. In a year you should probably stick with less then 6 months of being 'on' anyway.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ran would have been PI. You could have also said "these are the cycles I have run", but you could not have said "these are the cycles I have ran". Pertains to the subject and object. Don't ask me why I know.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Ran would have been PI. You could have also said "these are the cycles I have run", but you could not have said "these are the cycles I have ran". Pertains to the subject and object. Don't ask me why I know.
thanks, grammar was never my strong suit.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was suggesting a fix..lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eww. Reacharounds anybody? No? No?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What about injectable cycles? How many does everyone think is too many. Too me time ON is the more important part of this.

So do you all think two injectable cycles of 15 weeks is too many in one year? I would think this would be okay but I am guessing year after year of this and it could eventually lead to some long term cholesterol issues.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some people don't even come off, cough jomi, and hes still alive and kickin.
Yeah I now that. Psssh, I'm just curious to hear from the guys that actually care about their long term health (unlike you Mr. come off a whole month!). :toofunny: :run:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
PH's arn't worth it. If you can get legit stuff, its better.
I agree, PHs are good when you're looking for or transitioning from a source. Real deal will always win, its actually tested so you know exactly what you are taking and the clinical studies on it.

Best to move on to the real thing that worry about going too heavy on PHs.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
As for as "real deal" oral-only cycles go, I think t-bol would be a good choice. No bloat, doesn't convert to estrogen, etc.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
do you guys think 2 10-12 week inj. cycles a year is over board? what about three?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Some people don't even come off, cough jomi, and hes still alive and kickin.
Yes, but for how many years has he been on? Also, there may be issues in the future. But I don't know anything about AAS, I'm just talking out of my ass.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
do you guys think 2 10-12 week inj. cycles a year is over board? what about three?
Classical style is 2 a year, a winter bulker and a summer cutter, if you stick to only 2 a year you could run them heavier than if you were going for 3.

Two isn't overboard its just right. 3 and you'd have to run them shorter and lighter.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
In the end, it's all the same.

Sorry BigV.
Thats what I have nyc for, to do my dirty work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVrunga
Stay on topic people....

Sorry. That was my final word.
:stick:

That there's the ban stick my bruthas...:)

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
I've run loads of ds cycles. Not sure the number.

For reasons of safety i will be moving on to injectables soon.

Plus people seem to get better results from injectable gear.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thing is if you want to be on TRT the rest of your life cycle all you want as often as you want for all i care. Im just worried about losing natural test production. Cholesterol? eh, the fat guy down the road has more to worry about imo haha. Staying on for a year for instance, i cant help but think about the drop off once you come off. No matter what people will say, SERM HCG or whatever i dont think your body can recover quickly enough after being shutdown for really extended periods of time. Do you want to be in your 20's or 30's and be hypogonadal or whatever its called. Having serious issues at such a young age? If losing your natural testosterone production doesnt bother you then go for it but 20 years from now youll be big, saggy, and rundown and ill be happy, healthy, and saving money on AAS.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
:stick:

That there's the ban stick my bruthas...:)
Ummm, wasn't it previously said that going off topic, although a **** move in the end, wouldn't constitute a ban? I think B posted that one...

...:D just sayin, plus I love ya baby.

Anyways, Gixxer hit the nail on the head, I'm not running PH's or designers anymore because of the harshness of the sides, the lack of long term use/studies, etc. Plus they just aren't that cool anymore. :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyways, Gixxer hit the nail on the head, I'm not running PH's or designers anymore because of the harshness of the sides, the lack of long term use/studies, etc. Plus they just aren't that cool anymore. :D
you keepin your injectable use a secret or what?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ummm, wasn't it previously said that going off topic, although a **** move in the end, wouldn't constitute a ban? I think B posted that one...

... just sayin, plus I love ya baby.
You know I'm just playin' :D

For some ontopic discussion:

Personally, the problem I see with constant cycling isnt so much physical - because if you educate yourself you can control those aspects very well.

It's more of the mental side effects that need controlling...how many of us train and diet extra hard when we're on, but lose that motivation when we're off? When you're training naturally, are you constantly thinking "I can't wait to cycle again!"

For me, anyway, that's the biggest reason why I don't cycle very often. I like to feel that same sense of discipline and excitement I have on cycle *all* the time - and making sure that drive stays strong even when life kicks you in the ass, and keeping it strong your whole life...for me that's the biggest challenge.

bv

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow BigV you hit the nail on the head with that one. Good post.