Question on dose frequency during a "pulse" cycle.

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Question Question on dose frequency during a "pulse" cycle.

I've read most of this thread (How to "pulse" orals) and have a question regarding the dosing frequency of whatever compund is used during a "pulse" cycle (I posted the question on that thread too).

Assuming the cycle is 8 weeks long, 56 days:
    at 3 x week dosing, the subject intakes/uses the compound ~42.857% of the time (the same ratio is true if the cycle is 4, 12, 16, etc. weeks long).

My question is, if the frequency changed to every other day, there would be an equal distribution of on/off days, a net difference of ~7.143%; is this a significant difference to warrant the 3 x week dosing scheme vs. every other day?

Theories and personal experiences are greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.8%

just some input on my own experience, i have done first two weeks of superdrol pulse mwf at 20mg no suppression felt, last two weeks im doing 2on1off2on2off, so far on the middle off day i feel fine.

goodluck, maybe someone can put their own 2 cents in
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.31%

I have also read D's entire pulse thread (I keep going back to it like a dog and his favorite bone), but by changing the ratio
    to this scenareo, the bounce back wouldn't be as effective?
    UNC,Neo,EJ?
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

no suppression felt
    This is the crux of this whole pulsing trend.

I am whole heartedly in support of pulsing an oral (or any other harsher androgen) for the reasons of minimizing the toxicity in regard to liver and lipids. But to run it solo and assume that if you feel no suppression there is none is ridiculous. Androgen suppress and to what degree and duration is different, specific and unknown to every individual without bloodwork to prove others.

Running a pulse cycle with a static base is the only way I would ever pulse an androgen.

Not attacking anyone. It's ultimately your health and your decision.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Question

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Running a pulse cycle with a static base is the only way I would ever pulse an androgen.
    Hello Mr. B5150, I don't know if the comment above was to answer my question or for StellaArtois. Do you think it is best to dose 3 x week vs. every other day?
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Theories and personal experiences are greatly appreciated.
    I mean no offense. I feel that your idea (the idea) is a bit flawed, and I will explain.

What is the half life of the androgen of choice? Depending upon the half life of the androgen of choice you may use enough to get suppressed and not enough to get as anabolic as possible from the androgen.

Personally I would pulse consecutive days and be off equal consecutive day. This would allow level to elevate enough to achieve full anabolic potential and depending upon the half life it would be out of you system in the next consecutive days.

This allows for shorter periods of exposure detrimental to HPTA and longer periods of recovery from said exposure.

Again I am not a fan at all of this pulse idea without a base but if I were to do it that is how I would do it. I know everyone is doing it but I tend not to be a follower.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

For the purposes of discussion, assume that the substances in question are superdrol and halodrol (not stacked; two separate cycles).

And no worries, I take no offense - I'm trying to learn so I welcome your feedback
    I just did some simple math and started to wonder what the difference would be with dosing 3 x weekly vs. every other day.

Also, what do you mean by "without a base"?
  8. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

When I say a base I mean running a foundational steroid throughout.

I do not hold much faith in the concept of pulsing to avoid suppression (especially at my age) but only consider it a means to avoid excessive or unwanted stress on the liver and damage to lipids.

So what I am saying between the lines is I don't like the whole pulsing idea for avoiding suppression. But if you were to pulse a solo androgen without a base I would pulse as I stated.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Ok, I understand now. Thanks for your help.
  10. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

You are welcome. Its good to see you.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

It is good to see you too.

By the way I'm not cycling or pulsing or whatever, I'm sticking to food, rest, and lifting iron - they're doing me very good, they are simple, and I feel great! I don't look great yet, but I'm getting there... which reminds me, I need to update my workout log.

Thanks again.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.8%

This is the crux of this whole pulsing trend.

I am whole heartedly in support of pulsing an oral (or any other harsher androgen) for the reasons of minimizing the toxicity in regard to liver and lipids. But to run it solo and assume that if you feel no suppression there is none is ridiculous. Androgen suppress and to what degree and duration is different, specific and unknown to every individual without bloodwork to prove others.

Not attacking anyone. It's ultimately your health and your decision.
    i'm not naive, im sure there are things going on to my liver which are very bad, and im sure my test and other body function that can be effected is being effected in the worst possible way. what im saying is that back pumps, acne, lethargy, loss of sex drive, etc. im not really feeling those pulsing this compound. i have read many other reports of people suffering these ill effects when doing a straight run.

Also when i finish the pulse I have a proper pct waiting with torem and a cortisol blocker and liver support throughout. im not going to stop taking this harsh chemical, and think that im in the clear just by pulsing. i have a busy schedule and wanted to avoid some of the common every day effects on the body such as lethargy and libido problems by pulsing which so far i think i have. also i have gained is size and strength.

the question from the thread was about pulse frequency and nothing more thats why i provided only the bare minimum of information of what i was doing, any more info can be found on my log. i know your just probably looking out, but a problem with forums is maybe more questions should be asked before jumping to conclusions about what individuals are doing, i mean it is a forum, a response can be 5min or days.
  13. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois View Post
    i'm not naive, im sure there are things going on to my liver which are very bad, and im sure my test and other body function that can be effected is being effected in the worst possible way. what im saying is that back pumps, acne, lethargy, loss of sex drive, etc. im not really feeling those pulsing this compound. i have read many other reports of people suffering these ill effects when doing a straight run.

Also when i finish the pulse I have a proper post cycle therapy waiting with torem and a cortisol blocker and liver support throughout. im not going to stop taking this harsh chemical, and think that im in the clear just by pulsing. i have a busy schedule and wanted to avoid some of the common every day effects on the body such as lethargy and libido problems by pulsing which so far i think i have. also i have gained is size and strength.

the question from the thread was about pulse frequency and nothing more thats why i provided only the bare minimum of information of what i was doing, any more info can be found on my log. i know your just probably looking out, but a problem with forums is maybe more questions should be asked before jumping to conclusions about what individuals are doing, i mean it is a forum, a response can be 5min or days.
    I have no questions to ask. You said "no suppression felt" and I'm saying that you cannot determine suppression by feel. I don't need to read your log to know this. Thanks.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.8%

I have no questions to ask. You said "no suppression felt" and I'm saying that you cannot determine suppression by feel. I don't need to read your log to know this. Thanks.
    no problem

Similar Forum Threads

1. Natadrol question on dose
    By Steelwolf in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM
  2. All Natural Cut + questions on dosing?
    By b18cyaaa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 03:23 AM
  3. Question On Dose
    By Beige in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 02:50 AM
  4. Question on Dosing
    By GetYourWeightUp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 01:02 AM