A positive Steroid report from Fox News

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Shock surprise, after careful study researchers have found that the average steroid user:

IS NOT a teen ager
IS NOT an athlete cheating
IS a professional (with an above average income)
IS around 30 years old
DOES NOT exhibit the characteristic of a typical drug abuser
DOES follow a careful regimen meant to minimize the drugs bad effect and optimize its good effects

Steroid Users Are Educated Professional Men

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
The build up to relaxing the laws on scripts?

I feel like one of the brady's when I say this, Agenda, agenda agenda!

Much Love,

Neoborn

onelife

onelife

Awards
i dont know if you call that positive... but hey at least its different than the norm

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big deal. our lame liberal democrat mainstream media will cry out that its a rigged study presented by the conservative fox team for some blah blah blah republican political reason, and everyone will believe what the new york times says instead.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
what are you guys complaining about? that article hit the nail on the head. it said everything that we already know.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I certainly think this was a positive, especially after all the nonsense with the Benoit issue. It really did nail it on the head in the generality.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Big deal. our lame liberal democrat mainstream media will cry out that its a rigged study presented by the conservative fox team for some blah blah blah republican political reason, and everyone will believe what the new york times says instead.
Oh give me a break. Whenever something happens that someone doesnt like its the liberal media's fault...its getting old. I'm sure the liberal media has a huge influence on the FDA and DOJ. :blink:

The study, or survey, wasnt even done by Fox news, they were simply reporting it. Did they report this on the air or was it just some side piece story on the web?

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Shock surprise, after careful study researchers have found that the average steroid user:

IS NOT a teen ager
IS around 30 years old
DOES follow a careful regimen meant to minimize the drugs bad effect and optimize its good effects

These statements arent very accurate. The study only included 1955 people from various websites. So it means that the average forum user fits into those descriptions. To think that the only people taking steroids are people who visit various forums is pretty much ridiculous.

harrellt

harrellt

Awards

IS NOT a teen ager
IS around 30 years old

Heres one from CNN the other day:

The Typical Steriod User

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's also assuming that's when they started and not that they have been using since their teen years.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I tend to think the 20's-30's crowd makes up the bulk of users of both legal and illegal AAS. I certainly knew steroids existed when I was a teen but there was such a stigma attached to their use at that age...and I had zero chance of affording any or even finding a source that they did not even enter my mind as a possibility.. Kinda like high class hookers. lol

I never used legal PH's until I was 28 or 29. I think a lot of guys in this age bracket get a renewed interest in their athletic abilities/physiques..kind of a mild mid-life crisis. Never wanted to risk using illegal AAS and still don't...especially now.

At age 35 interest is waning though for the hormonals. Starting to focus on the natty parts of training/diet more.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
EVERYONE USES STEROIDS! Caffeine is a steroid!!!

:toofunny: This shyt is ridiculous who cares who uses and doesnt or who thinks someone does. I just dont like the peopel who do and claim they dont. Unless its family i understand.

I am Weasel

I am Weasel

Awards
It is refreshing to see an article that is at least somewhat real, even if some of y'all don't feel that the study group was diverse enough. All the press after Raw Deal was about "saving teens" and referred to "Deadly Doses" that were being pushed on the unsuspecting buyers.
I can only hope that the tide will shift a little with articles like these and the debates between the WWE stars and the media.
I've seen more than enough of the world of illicit drugs and I've seen the wreckage left behind. I've never heard of someone stabbing or shooting another for a vial of Test E or a handful of T-Bols. I'm not seeing the widespread and universal social problems that accompany rec drug use with the use of anabolic compounds.
I agree that most steroid users are methodical and dedicated, using gear "as a supplement to a carefully planned regimen of diet and exercise".
I fit the description of the 'typical steroid user' in the articles pretty well. I've done a lot of research over the course of a few years. Lately my research has been in injectables, with T-Bol and Winny being the only orals researched. I'm more than a little pissed that I have to come back to oral products that will take my liver, throw it in the toilet and **** all over it if I want to chemically suppliment my training. Injectables aren't perfectly safe, I picked up a little gyno after 6 weeks of Test Prop, but they are generally better on the body than most Methyls out there.
Just my $.02
Weasel

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You have to keep in mind this report will come as a complete shock to the general public. They only know what the govt and media have told them to date, which is steroids are used by teens and pro atheletes in a reckless manner that will kill them soon.

Maybe if people start to see their 30-something neighbor with the nice physique as a gear user, perceptions will change a little.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You have to keep in mind this report will come as a complete shock to the general public. They only know what the govt and media have told them to date, which is steroids are used by teens and pro atheletes in a reckless manner that will kill them soon.

Maybe if people start to see their 30-something neighbor with the nice physique as a gear user, perceptions will change a little.
are you suggesting we all start injecting on the front lawn?

:D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Umm, not quite.

Just from a PR perspective these small steps are about all you can hope for.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I saw a some what positive opinion in an article published in the LA Times a couple days ago. It would be nice if a few more would keep creeping out of the wood work. Maybe the truth could sway public misinformation.

Jack of Shadows

Awards
That's also assuming that's when they started and not that they have been using since their teen years.
Read the study...they were asked to report on their age of initiation of use.

Jack of Shadows

Awards
These statements arent very accurate. The study only included 1955 people from various websites. So it means that the average forum user fits into those descriptions. To think that the only people taking steroids are people who visit various forums is pretty much ridiculous.
I would suggest you read the study article instead of reading a summary of it.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I would suggest you read the study article instead of reading a summary of it.
umm, thanks, but i downloaded the pdf and read the entire report; even looked at all those pretty graphs and stuff.

My point is that you cannot state, like the original poster did, that the average steroid user fits into the brackets he defined.

If I took 2000 high school students who have or are taking AAS, would the average age be 30? Could i make the conclusion that the average user starts in High School and has an income of less than 10K a year?

this study simply took one small subset of steroid users and reported its finding. Its by no means a referendum on Steroids users in this country.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
I wouldn't exactly call it a "positive" report, moreso just a factually based article without the bias.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
The article may be on their website, but it will never make the front pages or their news channel at primetime because it's not glamorous enough.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the only thing i get out of anabolic steroid laws is that it is illegal to have the kind of body displayed in my avatar

im just not going to follow a law that tells me what i can and cannot do to my own body in the privacy of my own home, especially when breaking this law has no effect whatsoever on anyone else in the community.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
the only thing i get out of anabolic steroid laws is that it is illegal to have the kind of body displayed in my avatar

im just not going to follow a law that tells me what i can and cannot do to my own body in the privacy of my own home, especially when breaking this law has no effect whatsoever on anyone else in the community.
:clap2: they can all go eat a big mac, smoke some cigs and drink themselves to death all while fvckin themselves!!!!

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
I'm seriously considering moving to a country that's more lax in regards to personal freedoms.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Are you willing to go to prison to stand by that principle? Are you willing to do as directed by the founders of the country when the government becomes an unjust tyranny and rebel?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Are you willing to go to prison to stand by that principle? Are you willing to do as directed by the founders of the country when the government becomes an unjust tyranny and rebel?
Government is WAY TOO BIG to rebel against them.

The founding fathers wrote the Constitution in a way so that the government would be afraid of the people, NOT the other way around.

Unfortunately, men are greedy by nature, and along with greed comes corruptness.

I would venture to say 99.999% of politicians are corrupt, and the government certainly doesn't give a **** about you, me, or anyone else on this planet, except for the big wigs that fund their campaigns.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
This is a bit off topic, but I can't stand the respect everyone throws at the founding fathers.

They were after more money, more power, and the right to govern. They had no respect for "the people", nor their right to rebel and protest. This is evidenced by the numerous rebellions, protests, and demonstrations against the government after the revolutionary war and the legislation the government quickly passed to quiet the people.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Compared to politicians today, they were softies.

Of course they were corrupt and greedy, they were POLITICIANS. You have to be a lying, conniving SOB to become a successful politician.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
He would be one of the biggest dudes in prison.

chemicaldreamer

Awards
Why blame this on the liberals? They're not the ones who are cheerleading for a war on drugs. They're not that ones that are imposing insane punishment for possessions. They're not the ones that are making genuinely benign 'drugs' like marijuana illegal. They weren't the ones that started the prohibition against alcohol back in the 20s.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a bit off topic, but I can't stand the respect everyone throws at the founding fathers.

They were after more money, more power, and the right to govern. They had no respect for "the people", nor their right to rebel and protest. This is evidenced by the numerous rebellions, protests, and demonstrations against the government after the revolutionary war and the legislation the government quickly passed to quiet the people.
They had the guts and foresight to attempt to create the first truly moral country, and keep large government at bay. There were elements that disagreed with that, but those like Jefferson and Madison were right in their intentions.

The huge amount of Damage started with Abe Lincoln, who fought not to end slavery but to consolidate and expand Federall government supremacy OVER states rights, a direct betrayal of the design of the country.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus in general, people truly are dumb sheep. They mostly play checkers, not chess. If on the national ballot there was a spot to vote for a $10,000 check to be sent to everyone who is a registered voter, you'd see record turnout for that vote, and most of them wouldn't care what it would do to the economy. Self interest rains supreme which is why a representative democracy / republic works far better than a direct democracy

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is completely wrong. You can't group all of them together. Have you ever read any of Thomas Paine's essays? Obviously not.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if someone tried to rape me id be like dude, im rapin you lets be serious about things.
You need to learn to take turns, you selfish bastard.

Do we need to show the "Barney's Caring means Sharing in Prison" video again?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well judging by the amount of time i spend on the boards and how frequently i throw LE the proverbial middle finger in my posts,....i am certainly on a list or two.

If i were to discontinue steroid use i could maintain 230-245 at a reasonable BF% and be happy. I do not use rec drugs, dont get drunk, dont eat fattening foods, pay my taxes, have a completely clean legal record except for 2 speeding tickets when i was 17 years old, and am exceptionally educated.

if anyone wants to throw me in jail for bodybuilding go right ahead. 3 hots and a cot, i say. turn me from being a productive upstanding member of society into a drain on tax-paying society. by all means LE

edit: and i would probably get a biotch on top of it.

I am Weasel

I am Weasel

Awards

You're right, Hulk, that is off topic.
We're a minority in the grand scheme of things, and 'normal' people don't care either way about gear so its' being illegal doesn't effect them. 20 years ago, when I was a loser pot-head, I was all about legalizing pot. Now, since I haven't touched the stuff in 9 years, I don't really care either way. I'll pass on the debate over which is worse, pot or beer (I don't drink anymore, either).
We need small articles like these, debates like what happened between Warrior and Hannity and Colmes to get the subject out in the open and hopefully lead to more discussion and maybe a reversal in the laws. Unlike pot, we don't have a huge alcohol lobby working against legalization, we just have to overcome the hysteria and mis-information.
We're a long way from an unjust tyranny in America. Putting an end to unjust tyranny is part of why I'm in living in a bunker right now and have only seen my family for about 30 days over the last 18 months. These people over here had it rough. We have a few laws that don't make a lot of sense, but we're pretty much able to do what we want with a minimum of hassle. I doubt you've had to worry about your sister being killed because she was spotted holding hands with a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. I'm doubting, also, that you haven't had to worry about a bunch of goons beating you down because someone suggested that you only prayed 4 times last Wednesday. This was an unjust tyranny.
What the Weasel can't stand is people who kick and scream about how much the hate America and they're 'seriously thinking about leaving' but then don't. My buddy's wife threatend to move to Canada if someone was re-elected, Barbra Streisand threatened to move to France is someone was elected, etc... Like Ken Hamblin (a radio host) says, "Pick a better country". If you wanna go then fuk'n go, brother. That's a freedom that you do have. I'll even help you pack when I get home from Afghanistan.
Weasel

P.S. Can we get back on topic now, please?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established

they werent after more power, the entire point of the revolution they threw was in the name of liberty (which is quite singular among revolutions, which typically occur for economic reasons...). the colonies were much better off economically under british rule. it was pretty well known there would be economic consequences for breaks with Britain.

The articles of confederation were SO WEAK that the federal government was UNABLE to raise an army to put down civil unrest due to the economic fallout from the revolution. the founding fathers put together a document meant to pit every faction in government against one another so that NO ONE could ever gain a dominating power. If America followed the constitution today, that is the situation we would have. We just simply do not follow that document anymore. the constitution gave the federal government very specific rights, rights which in fact made it particularly weak.

Now we have agencies, sub agencies, encumbency, patronage, federal banks, bribes, a two-party system, and interest groups with direct lobbying power. That, along with plain and blatant disregard for retard-level clearness in the constitution (CONGRESS must DECLARE war), we have the monolithic super-power government that more or less controls where and when i am able to drop a deuce.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I'm seriously considering moving to a country that's more lax in regards to personal freedoms.
Sorry friend, see my signature to see what's happening and coming down the road. The people that run the country / the world ( no not the politician and leaders, the elite who run the world ), are choosing a one world government, soon enough we will see it. It is all being passed through congress and put together piece by piece without your knowledge or your consent.

It will come down to you will either be for and passively sit by the wayside....or fight, no in between.

Much Love,

Neoborn

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
You're right, Hulk, that is off topic.
We're a minority in the grand scheme of things, and 'normal' people don't care either way about gear so its' being illegal doesn't effect them. 20 years ago, when I was a loser pot-head, I was all about legalizing pot. Now, since I haven't touched the stuff in 9 years, I don't really care either way. I'll pass on the debate over which is worse, pot or beer (I don't drink anymore, either).
We need small articles like these, debates like what happened between Warrior and Hannity and Colmes to get the subject out in the open and hopefully lead to more discussion and maybe a reversal in the laws. Unlike pot, we don't have a huge alcohol lobby working against legalization, we just have to overcome the hysteria and mis-information.
We're a long way from an unjust tyranny in America. Putting an end to unjust tyranny is part of why I'm in living in a bunker right now and have only seen my family for about 30 days over the last 18 months. These people over here had it rough. We have a few laws that don't make a lot of sense, but we're pretty much able to do what we want with a minimum of hassle. I doubt you've had to worry about your sister being killed because she was spotted holding hands with a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. I'm doubting, also, that you haven't had to worry about a bunch of goons beating you down because someone suggested that you only prayed 4 times last Wednesday. This was an unjust tyranny.
What the Weasel can't stand is people who kick and scream about how much the hate America and they're 'seriously thinking about leaving' but then don't. My buddy's wife threatend to move to Canada if someone was re-elected, Barbra Streisand threatened to move to France is someone was elected, etc... Like Ken Hamblin (a radio host) says, "Pick a better country". If you wanna go then fuk'n go, brother. That's a freedom that you do have. I'll even help you pack when I get home from Afghanistan.
Weasel

P.S. Can we get back on topic now, please?
Are you done spouting on about how America's the greatest country on earth?

I mean, you do realize the US basically created the Taliban and continued to send "humanitarian aid" to Afghanistan right up until September 11th? In 2001 alone we sent $125 million.

Keep going with that righteous America kick though, whatever works for ya, bro.

Edit: I would like to extend my thoughts to you as I'm saddened by the fact that military men are engaging in unjust wars overseas. Stay safe.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you done spouting on about how America's the greatest country on earth?

I mean, you do realize the US basically created the Taliban and continued to send "humanitarian aid" to Afghanistan right up until September 11th? In 2001 alone we sent $125 million.

Keep going with that righteous America kick though, whatever works for ya, bro.

Edit: I would like to extend my thoughts to you as I'm saddened by the fact that military men are engaging in unjust wars overseas. Stay safe.
Name a better country... then move there.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
they werent after more power, the entire point of the revolution they threw was in the name of liberty (which is quite singular among revolutions, which typically occur for economic reasons...). the colonies were much better off economically under british rule. it was pretty well known there would be economic consequences for breaks with Britain.
Weren't after power? They gained complete control of the colonies. They divided up the land. They took all the benefits they knew would be coming their way by way of seperation from the crown. It was a government created of, for, and by rich white property holders. To believe anything otherwise is naieve.

The new government served the interests of slaveholders, merchants, manufacturers, etc. This government has been a plutocracy from it's conception, the only thing that has changed is expansion of the federal.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
Name a better country... then move there.
New Zealand... Working on it!

I don't understand why people are so hostile to criticism of a country. What is wrong with discussing the problems with the GOVERNMENT? Isn't that what spurred the creation of the country you're currently residing in and are oh so in love with?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weren't after power? They gained complete control of the colonies. They divided up the land. They took all the benefits they knew would be coming their way by way of seperation from the crown. It was a government created of, for, and by rich white property holders. To believe anything otherwise is naieve.

The new government served the interests of slaveholders, merchants, manufacturers, etc. This government has been a plutocracy from it's conception, the only thing that has changed is expansion of the federal.
The federal goverment they created was NOTHING like what it has become today. There were NO ecnonomic benefits from splitting with Britain. None. Im jut going to have to say you havent studied the revolution enough. You are being quite subjective.

it was created by rich white property owners but a surprising amount of them were against slavery. The lack of any amendments or laws regarding slavery (and hence leaving it completely open to attack in the future) is a direct result of these people in drafting the constitution. feel free to rebut but were getting a little off topic

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New Zealand... Working on it!

I don't understand why people are so hostile to criticism of a country. What is wrong with discussing the problems with the GOVERNMENT? Isn't that what spurred the creation of the country you're currently residing in and are oh so in love with?
So what you are saying is you should have the ability to have your opinions, but I shouldn't be allowed to have mine? bravo, that sounds like true freedom of speech :clap2: which is the same liberal BS thrown around so frequently. Annie Lennox was saying in an interview how she thought this was supposed to be the land of free speech but couldnt believe how the dixie chicks were spoken about after they spoke out against the war. What fine hypocrisy that only your opinion is valid, and only it constitutes free speech.

I am Weasel

I am Weasel

Awards
IN HULK - You're showing yourself as a Troll, son, and it's annoying.
You may have some education but your facts are not all correct and you're perpetuating an argument about a country in a thread about a news article regarding steroid use.
Weasel