Fat guys and Roids

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Fat guys and Roids


    Hey guys,

    The question i'm about to pose is purely academic so no flaming necessary as i would never advise this to anyone myself.

    I've been wondering about this for a long time. What would happen if you took someone who was overweight like 23-25% bf, was not a regular weight-lifter, and had them do a cycle of of something like equipoise for 16 weeks or so while working out and dieting? What would the effect be on the bodies tissues, specifically the excess fat? Would the extra weight cause a significantly higher incidence in aromatization vs someone who was trim?

    How would the steroid affect that person? Would they make more progress over a 16 week period with the aid of AAS than if they did diet and exercise alone?

    The question really is whether anabolic steroids can help someone who is overweight but still athletic and active to more quickly attain their goals and recomp the body? Obviously the ideal should be that they get their weight in check first then get their lifting and nutrition habits in place before using but this is purely academic.


  2. fat guys on roids look exactly like....fat guys on roids. there are a few at my gym..they somehow think their strong as hell cuz they bench 300 and weigh a lil more...but for your question anabolics do help a good amount and allow people to shed fat while making muscle catabolism non-existent...it also depends on the type of anabolic used, a substance like deca wouldnt be very apropriate because of the water and weight gain but a little test prop with an aromatase inhibitor should allow a "fat" person to recomp easier with a sound diet and cardio program of course...but still they are better off losing most of the weight naturally especially if they are at 25 % bf
    •   
       


  3. You need to get your diet and training down before touching anything.. SERIOUSLY.

    Also, the more fat you have, the more aromatase you will have... AKA.. your testosterone will turn into estrogen at an alarming rate. Letrozole or Arimidex HAVE to be run if you do use testosterone.

    Have you had bloodwork? This is very important, esp if you wana use any drugs to help lose weight. You may even have an underlying issue, such as hypothyroidism. (Most doctors misdiagnose this, and don't even know the new accepted endo range!!)

    HGH may be worth looking into. I know that fat tissue can create igf-1 when HGH rises.. Might help.

  4. just reminded me how my "bodyfat" scales say i have 34.5% BF, yet I can see my abs and can bearly pinch an ounce....

    At 206LBS I think i may need to take my scales back.....

    Also apparently, I am always dehydrated at 30% water hydration.... hehe

    To answer your question I would think a higher androgenic compound mixed with a thermal fat burner would be a nice mix to reduce some fat, but in reality cutting/dieting prior to any cycle at that % Bf is definately recommended.

  5. i agree... they would definitely help in the sense of avoiding a catabolic state, but at that bf , catabolism is the least of the worries
    •   
       


  6. Maybe its just me, but it looks like most powerlifters are in that sort of bodyfat range? and they juice...

  7. So what does that tell us EasyEJL?

  8. I think the bodyfat level isn't very relevant to what value steroids would have, given an individual eating maintenance + x calories. Basically the 200lb person with 25% bodyfat has 150lbs of LBM. taking a mild something that will help them gain 6lbs over a 4 week period will raise their overall fat burning weight, and if calories are close enough to maintenance that scale weight stays the same, that person will end the 4 weeks at 22% bf. if they lost 6lbs of fat thru primarily dieting, their % would not be much better, but their overall base metabolic rate would be slower, making it harder to loose more in the future.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SilkPhantom View Post
    So what does that tell us EasyEJL?
    Caloric intake is ridiculous?
    Also, put em on Clen or something...haha

  10. well you need to ask yourself the question.....are you a body builder,or a power lifter??............I am a body builder and dont try to max out every workout....i use moderate weights high reps.....If your goal is to powerlift then all the extra fat might help?..........personally who cares HOW strong you are unless your getting paid to lift huge weight....it's just bad for your body and joints!!........to build muscle you need to reach failure!! on every set...!! drop sets are also a great thing.

    ~whatever
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Caloric intake is ridiculous?
    Also, put em on Clen or something...haha
    .....dammit son,your getting rather wise hangin around this board!! ...nice!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    .....dammit son,your getting rather wise hangin around this board!! ...nice!

    ...haha thanks man.

    I got a comment from Trip..F'n A DOGGIE!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    drop sets are also a great thing.
    I swear by drop sets. I'll do an entire workout that way. People look at me like I'm Richard Simmons when I'm repping out 30lb dumbells for chest, but then when I sit up and my chest is sticking out 3.5 inches its a whole new game.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    I swear by drop sets. I'll do an entire workout that way. People look at me like I'm Richard Simmons when I'm repping out 30lb dumbells for chest, but then when I sit up and my chest is sticking out 3.5 inches its a whole new game.
    Yeah I love drop sets, supersets, tri sets, man thats the only way to train.

  15. there is actually a new M&M article that addresses this somewhat. It gets pretty technical with terms and mechanisms of action.

    basically states that there is evidence that test and possibly other androgens are lipolytic and anti-adipogenic.

    check it out boys

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    [...] but then when I sit up and my chest is sticking out 3.5 inches its a whole new game.
    Gyno?

    hehe

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    Gyno?

    hehe
    LMFAO

    Nah...I just kinda pulled a number outta my ass. But that'd be funny **** to sit up and have some big ol' man titties come swinging out of my tank top.

    Reminds me of my ex brother in law.....yeeesh.

  18. haha this thread took on a funny new path i didn't expect.

    The point i was trying to drive at has somewhat been lost here save a few comments. The question is do steroids help you lose body fat percentage and recomp faster than a traditional diet and workout program.

    My theory is that given the added incentive to workout hard while juicing, the fat person would be able to go longer and harder in the gym in both cardio and resistance training, assume you could find the right substace to minimize pumps, and because his body is in an anti-catabolic state, the weight he is losing from dieting would not be muscle and therefore his efforts over the course of the steroid cycle would give better results (muscle retention/increase + weight loss) than if he simply dieted and excersized alone....

    any validity to this theory?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by SilkPhantom View Post
    haha this thread took on a funny new path i didn't expect.

    The point i was trying to drive at has somewhat been lost here save a few comments. The question is do steroids help you lose body fat percentage and recomp faster than a traditional diet and workout program.

    My theory is that given the added incentive to workout hard while juicing, the fat person would be able to go longer and harder in the gym in both cardio and resistance training, assume you could find the right substace to minimize pumps, and because his body is in an anti-catabolic state, the weight he is losing from dieting would not be muscle and therefore his efforts over the course of the steroid cycle would give better results (muscle retention/increase + weight loss) than if he simply dieted and excersized alone....

    any validity to this theory?

    Some....i mean depending on the BF percentage the average overweight person would be at more rish of High BP or Cholestrol problems prior and during a cycle.....

    As for the benefits, I would think that there are far better ways to reduce BF than while juicing. Sure and androgenic compound would give them the edge, but at that BF percentage eating low cabs and high protein (dieting) will still yeild great muscle gains.

    If anything, the added muscle under the fat would make them appear to be getting "fatter" rather than thinner, and they would more than likely loose all of the muscle gains trying to cut away all that fat after the cycle....

    wow....all that at 3.30 am..

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    LMFAO

    [...] to sit up and have some big ol' man titties come swinging out of my tank top.
    wait.... you wear a tank top in the gym.....?!?!




    I was wondering whos this was in the mens locker room last week....

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SilkPhantom View Post
    haha this thread took on a funny new path i didn't expect.

    The point i was trying to drive at has somewhat been lost here save a few comments. The question is do steroids help you lose body fat percentage and recomp faster than a traditional diet and workout program.

    My theory is that given the added incentive to workout hard while juicing, the fat person would be able to go longer and harder in the gym in both cardio and resistance training, assume you could find the right substace to minimize pumps, and because his body is in an anti-catabolic state, the weight he is losing from dieting would not be muscle and therefore his efforts over the course of the steroid cycle would give better results (muscle retention/increase + weight loss) than if he simply dieted and excersized alone....

    any validity to this theory?
    I believe that it would not neccessarily work because of the need of receptor sites as per anabolics manual:



    but the longer on the more receptor sites = greater uptake = better response. So with a longer time on better results would be acheived..ahm thinking.

    I'm guessing this is why you should really max out your potential first before getting into any of that stuff.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    I believe that it would not neccessarily work because of the need of receptor sites as per anabolics manual:



    but the longer on the more receptor sites = greater uptake = better response. So with a longer time on better results would be acheived..ahm thinking.

    I'm guessing this is why you should really max out your potential first before getting into any of that stuff.

    I think actually the point of his question was whether it would aid in fat loss, and to some degree 1-test or something highly androgenic would. Im not sure the exact science behind it so im not going to give out false advise, but i belive it has something to do with the way the body uses its calories.

    Bah! im too sleep for this.If someone could explain why or why this wouldnt work i.e the science behind it that would be great.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    I think actually the point of his question was whether it would aid in fat loss, and to some degree 1-test or something highly androgenic would. Im not sure the exact science behind it so im not going to give out false advise, but i belive it has something to do with the way the body uses its calories.

    Bah! im too sleep for this.If someone could explain why or why this wouldnt work i.e the science behind it that would be great.


    guys, check out the article I posted above. It says YES, there is evidence that the juice will help you burn off fat, as it has both llipolytic and anti-adipogenic mechanisms. It goes through all the science.

    Now, whether it is the right way to go about it, its a whole nother debate.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    well you need to ask yourself the question.....are you a body builder,or a power lifter??............I am a body builder and dont try to max out every workout....i use moderate weights high reps.....If your goal is to powerlift then all the extra fat might help?..........personally who cares HOW strong you are unless your getting paid to lift huge weight....it's just bad for your body and joints!!........to build muscle you need to reach failure!! on every set...!! drop sets are also a great thing.

    ~whatever
    TRIP YOU GOTS TA BE CAREFULL WITH ALL THEM DOTS(...) PEOPLE STARTED TRIPPING AND EMAILING DEATH THREATS(NEO) NOT TO NAME DROP OR ANYTHING... BE CAREFUL WOULDNT WANT THOSE GUYS TO COME AFTER YOU TOO...THEY DONT LIKE CAPITALS EITHER...I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THERE CHILD HOOD...SAD STUFF...HAHA

  25. i agree that there are very few that will actually reduce bf themselves.. cutting with steroids for the most part is done to maintain the lean muscle mass that you already have, not aid in bf reduction. i dont agree with an obese person using steroids to trim bodyfat and not changing any other factors... the benefits of them alone would not be worth it in my opinion

  26. If you really want an edge, use clen.

  27. although here is a good read on the exact topic!!

    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/article...tting-steroids

  28. Quote Originally Posted by onelife View Post
    although here is a good read on the exact topic!!

    Got Fat? Pass the Testosterone Please! | Mind and Muscle
    onelife - I already posted that article, seems like it got a little ignored

  29. haha sorry bro!! definitely got ignored by me to so dont feel bad!! anyways, good posting!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by BIGG DOGG View Post
    TRIP YOU GOTS TA BE CAREFULL WITH ALL THEM DOTS(...) PEOPLE STARTED TRIPPING AND EMAILING DEATH THREATS(NEO) NOT TO NAME DROP OR ANYTHING... BE CAREFUL WOULDNT WANT THOSE GUYS TO COME AFTER YOU TOO...THEY DONT LIKE CAPITALS EITHER...I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THERE CHILD HOOD...SAD STUFF...HAHA
    Arghhh.....ALL CAPS .... my eyes...my eyes (makes sound of falling down a well).

    hehe

    billm311, reps man. To be honest i actually didnt bother to click the link, it was "too much effort" at 4am.

    I mean IT WAS TOO.....MUCH.....EFFORT......A t 2 In The Morning As I Was Tired

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Axiron and a 47 year old fat guy.
    By ratdog in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 02:27 PM
  3. Fat Guys and Testosterone levels - effect of obesity on male hormone levels
    By SilkPhantom in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 03:18 AM
  4. OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP
    By Polish_Oak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Log in
Log in