Bruce Lee

arnaudkt

arnaudkt

Awards
One question:

Does anyone know if Bruce Lee was on steroids or naturally shredded/ripped to the max?:think:

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
I think the more important question is who would win in a fight. Bruce or Chuck?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think so. he was just extremely conditioned.

Benderzzz

Awards
Bruce would kick the sh*t out of Chuck in seconds

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
Bruce would kick the sh*t out of Chuck in seconds
This may be true, but Bruce was never in a fighting tournament or anything like that, he only fought in movies. Chuck on the other hand was.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is where you are incorrect my friend... Bruce fought in MANY tournaments, and even in "illegal" tournaments. Read his book bro - it's full of facts.

And no - he did not use steroids. That would go against every thing he taught and preached.

This may be true, but Bruce was never in a fighting tournament or anything like that, he only fought in movies. Chuck on the other hand was.
EDIT: Chuck is a pussy - His "FORM" is NOT anything other than that - a FORM

Last edited:
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is where you are incorrect my friend... Bruce fought in MANY tournaments, and even in "illegal" tournaments. Read his book bro - it's full of facts.

And no - he did not use steroids. That would go against every thing he taught and preached.

EDIT: Chuck is a pussy - His "FORM" is NOT anything other than that - a FORM
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Gotta get reps for that!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was a greatly conditioned and open-minded athlete. He was the first mixed martial artist and was never afraid to adopt new styles.

Benderzzz

Awards
he had to fight for the right to teach his own dojo in america
he beat up that master from china pretty bad in 30 seconds i believe it was

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Yes bruce Lee had used some anabolics. As well as Marijuana and Opiates...Bruce royally ****ed his back up. Granted, the steroids were legal back then, and I think a Dr prescribed them for his back issues. But just as with a baseball player, you have to have the skills and technique as well as the strength. Bruce Lee had amazing fast twitch muscles, as he training all day long, every day.. Even as he was working from home.

But really why does all this matter? He's gone.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Bruce Lee punching what appears to be a 75lb heavy bag.

Clip ends with Bruce doing a lat spread

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
If you read his books, he lists his workouts and meal plans. Doing what he did explains why he was so ripped.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I've heard he used some gear.
rumours don't equate to actual fact dude, lots were said about bruce lee

bottom line was that he was a genius and his talent, work ethic and committment are and were second to none, he was, is and will always be the man
:bruce3:

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
rumours don't equate to actual fact dude
I didn't say they did. All I said was I "heard", I didn't make a matter of fact statement.

But to your later statement, I agree.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
What kills me is that you get defined by your percieved "negative" actions, while the postive impact you've had is forgotten.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Here's a blurb from a Time article though....

"He took vitamins, ginseng, royal jelly, steroids and even liquid steaks."
http://www.time.com/time/time100/heroes/profile/lee03.html

Not sure where they got their information from though.
In everything I've ever read on the man, I 've never read that he used steroids. If he actually did roids he would have been a touch bigger than 155.

Like you said, I doubt the information is credible. I know he was a fan of the protein caps though, he popped those like candy.

Uberus

Awards
Dude, there is no way bruce took steroids other wise he would
have not been the small stature that he was.

People are so gullible.

He did use marijuana though as it was found in his system at
the time of his death.

Some try to contribute it to his death, but that was back it the the 70s where science was outdated back then.

You can't die from marijuana.

He was extremely sensitive to the painkiller equagesic.

Unless you have testimony from his personal friends and family
he took steroids then your statement remains false.

MRDevious

Awards
i've read a couple of books on him....was obsessed with the dude when I was younger......anyway, I read on multiple occassions that he did take steroids......he would experiment with his body a lot....adding certain things to his diet for a period of 3 months and writing/documenting everything that it did to his body etc....steroids was on his list.

You don't have to take my word for it, do your own damn research if you don't believe me.:bruce2:

Uberus

Awards
The fact is it did not show up in his post mortem tox screen as cannabis and equagesic did.

Plus he did bodybuilding routines and if he did take steroids again he would not be the small stature that he was, its ludicrous.

I don't care what information you have or is out there, chances are your info is anecdotal and biased.

Just by looking at the guy common sense would tell you
its extremely unlikely.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Wait a sec...just because you take "roid" dosent mean your gonna be BIG there are obviously different forms....

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Wait a sec...just because you take "roid" dosent mean your gonna be BIG there are obviously different forms....
that's true, I mean, i imagine a man could be of his stature and use
things like stanozolol. I prefer to think of him as all natural, but even if there were proof otherwise, I wouldn't care. The more I learn about steroids, the more I realize that no matter what, it's your work ethic and discipline that's going to make or break you,
no matter what you're taking.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Who cares if he did or didn't use steroids, he is still pound for pound one of the strongest, most athletic people to ever walk the face of this Earth. He could probably kill all of us on this forum if he wanted to.

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
Plus he did bodybuilding routines and if he did take steroids again he would not be the small stature that he was, its ludicrous.
Doesn't the usage of steroids prior to aquisition of full height result in small/stunted stature due to the premature closing of the epiphyseal plates?

Yes, I do believe it does.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Bruce is the man

Who cares if he did or didn't use steroids, he is still pound for pound one of the strongest, most athletic people to ever walk the face of this Earth. He could probably kill all of us on this forum if he wanted to.
I agree...and I couldn't care less if Bruce was caught getting head from a prostitute while smoking crack in church. He was and shall always be THE MAN!!

"Even God must have cried, when Bruce Lee died."

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He could have taken anavar, strength gains are incredible, he would be vascular and cut like a mofo and would add little amounts of mass possibly no mass if ate very little he would just recomp. Did he use them? i don't know and i don't care. But for someone to say he would have to be bigger then 155 needs to do alot of research and stop listening to the brotelligence, Pick up a book and read some articles on what steroids do what for your body.

MRDevious

Awards
The fact is it did not show up in his post mortem tox screen as cannabis and equagesic did.

I don't care what information you have or is out there, chances are your info is anecdotal and biased.

Just by looking at the guy common sense would tell you
its extremely unlikely.
Uberus,

Just because you don't want to believe something didn't happen doesn't make it so. There's no reason for me to make up a story about Bruce Lee using steroids, there's plenty of people out there that worked with him with books that all claim bruce tried them at one point. He experimented a lot with his body, A LOT.

Anyway, google "time 100: bruce lee" and you will find an article on Bruce lee, check page 3, it even states on there that he used steroids. Add that to the countless of books out there written by those close to him and it doesn't take a genius to conclude he probably did try them.

As far as scientific proof? good luck digging his body up and testing it. Fact is, who cares if he did or did not do them though, he was the baddest mofo around, and i'm sure he would have whooped my ass and yours in a heartbeat ;)

MRDevious

Awards
I agree...and I couldn't care less if Bruce was caught getting head from a prostitute while smoking crack in church. He was and shall always be THE MAN!!

"Even God must have cried, when Bruce Lee died."

Nice pictures! I wish i had the discipline and determination to train like he did....

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
In response to the blue tinted pics:
I think my favorite thing about BL's physique is that his lats were HUGE on him, yet it doesn't look at all inappropriate even though the rest of him was so small in comparison.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
the man

Nice pictures! I wish i had the discipline and determination to train like he did....
Thx...and I hear ya. Even if you're naturally thin its still hard to get shredded like that.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
In response to the blue tinted pics:
I think my favorite thing about BL's physique is that his lats were HUGE on him, yet it doesn't look at all inappropriate even though the rest of him was so small in comparison.
Yeah, great lats and forearms on Bruce as he was a big advocate of both back and grip strength. (sorry about the 'blue tint". These pics are captured from a video and for some reason just came out that way.)

heres a couple more..