Thoughts on this Cycle and a Question...

LouisBourbon

Awards
Quick intro of pertinent info: I'm 27, 6'2", 217lbs, have been lifting since I was 17, 5'11" and 330lbs. I currently take some basic supplements (cycled on an off where appropriate): N.O.Xplode, CellMass, Nitrix, BCAAs, 100% Whey, Fish Oil, psyllium husk. I eat about 3000 calories on a bulk and 2000 on a cut in a 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat split. In my last three bulk/cut periods I have gained mass up to around 225-230 and then I always cut back down to 195-205. The bulk usually lasts about 3 months and the cut usually lasts about 4. I think the cut usually takes longer because of my history of being a fat kid. Anyway, because I've been plateaued for the past 1.5 years, I'm thinking about doing my first cycle. Here's what I've put together after reading A LOT of threads and talking to a local trainer who I respect. I'd like as many people's opinions as possible. I also have another question, but I'll save that for the end of the post.

Week 1: 400mg Test-Cyp, 200mg Deca, 500iU hCG (starting 3 days after Test and Deca)
Week 2-4: 400mg Test-Cyp, 200mg Deca, 500iU hCG
Week 5: 600mg Test-Cyp, 400mg Deca, 500iU hCG
Week 6: 600mg Test Cyp, 200mg Deca, 500iU hCG
Week 7-8: 400mg Test Cyp, 100mg Deca, 500iU hCG
Week 9-10: 200mg Test Cyp, 500iU hCG
Week 11: 500iU hCG
Week 12: 40mg/day Nolvadex, 150mg/day Clomid
Week 13: 40mg/day Nolvadex, 100mg/day Clomid
Week 14-15: 20mg/day Nolvadex, 50mg/day Clomid

I know some of you guys going to have a problem with a couple of things in this plan (Deca on a 1st cycle, low dose hCG during cycle etc...), but it's what I've compiled from all the resources I have available to me. What do you think?

Lastly, I've been looking for sources online and I've found a couple that "look" pretty good. I know we can't post sources or confirm or deny the quality of a source in a post, but I was wondering if any of you have ways of determining whether a source is good or not? Is there any way other than sending them a $200-500 order a hoping I don't get screwed? It seems to me that "hope" is not a strategy for success. Thoughts?

LouisBourbon

LouisBourbon

Awards
Hey guys... I'd really like to get some of your opinions on this. Is there a specific reason no one is replying?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Start the HCG on day 15, beginning of week 15. Also people are going to tell you that you dont need the deca on your first cycle. Use one compound at a time and determine how that effects your body. Also no need to pyramid your doses like you have. Your better off actually having a higher dose to begin with (if your trying to frontload).

There are numerous, "first cycle" questions in this forum. Take a look at those threads for more info...

LouisBourbon

Awards
Start the HCG on day 15, beginning of week 15.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. To me, it reads as though you're telling me to start on the 15th day of the 15th week... but that's obviously impossible... or at least strangely worded. Can you rephrase what you're trying to say?

Also people are going to tell you that you dont need the deca on your first cycle. Use one compound at a time and determine how that effects your body.
I've read a lot of the "first cycle" posts on this forum and a few others. Many people are split on whether to include deca in a basic "Bread and Butter" cycle for a first run or just do the test for a more paired down cycle. This board is definitely bent more towards the test only cycle. The reason I've chosen to include the deca in my cycle is because I had knee surgery about 2 years ago and I've read a couple of articles and heard a first-hand account from a friend saying deca can help improve or entirely clear up lingering joint problems. What do you guys think about this?

Also no need to pyramid your doses like you have. Your better off actually having a higher dose to begin with (if your trying to frontload).
My reasoning was that because this is my first cycle, the slow introduction of the test and deca would let me gauge my body's response to the rising doses and scale back or increase depending on that response. Then, I thought I'd scale back slowly to "wean" my HTPA off the exogenous compounds and let it start back up slowly without the shock of having to go "cold turkey". I've read a couple scientific papers on using test-cypionate for reversible male contraception and in some of the papers I've read they did a similar "weaning" dosage with or without the follow-up of drugs to help re-initiate endogenous production of test. Would that apply here? Thoughts?

XIV

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
For a first cycle just run Test-E @ 500mg per week pinned Mon and Thur. You PCT looks good. Probably not what you want to hear, but there is no sense in running multiple compounds for your first time.

LouisBourbon

Awards
For a first cycle just run Test-E @ 500mg per week pinned Mon and Thur. You post cycle therapy looks good. Probably not what you want to hear, but there is no sense in running multiple compounds for your first time.
That's exactly the kind of thing I want to hear... I'm just wondering if I'll get the joint benefits I described above from the test alone... or should I just put off that problem until I do a second cycle and do the deca then?

XIV

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what you mean by that. To me, it reads as though you're telling me to start on the 15th day of the 15th week... but that's obviously impossible... or at least strangely worded. Can you rephrase what you're trying to say?
Sorry, meant day 15 of week 3 (begin first day of week 3).

LouisBourbon

Awards
Sorry, meant day 15 of week 3 (begin first day of week 3).
Ok. Thanks. Can you explain to me why that's the correct time to start the hCG?... or perhaps direct me towards a post or article which explains it?

XIV