glute injections and siatic nerve..

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok the other day i injected a little low in my glute.I either hit the nerve or came real close to it.I have had horrable pain in my upper butt region.It's getting better but anyone have any info on how long this will continue?I thought it was my hip joint and low estrogen related but after doing some reading i was wrong.:sad: ......sh*t is crazy painful!!!!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok the other day i injected a little low in my glute.I either hit the nerve or came real close to it.I have had horrable pain in my upper butt region.It's getting better but anyone have any info on how long this will continue?I thought it was my hip joint and low estrogen related but after doing some reading i was wrong.:sad: ......sh*t is crazy painful!!!!
what kind of pain is it?

did it feel like an electrical jolt when you injected? muscle spasms? jerked the needle away from the injection site?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what kind of pain is it?

did it feel like an electrical jolt when you injected? muscle spasms? jerked the needle away from the injection site?
no pain when injecting...........It is a very electrical jolt when i move my leg,and a constant dull throb.So it manifested after the shot??It's horrible though!!!!!!!

e_man

Awards
no pain when injecting...........It is a very electrical jolt when i move my leg,and a constant dull throb.So it manifested after the shot??It's horrible though!!!!!!!
I have lower back problems and thats exactly how the sciatic nerve feels when its irritated. but i dont think you damaged it. if you did you wouldnt be able to walk right now. When i used to get that type of pain it would linger for a few days. but my case was different. I used to take a vitamin B complex.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After you injected, the oil deposit spread and leaked on the nerve. This will irritate it. I don't think this will damage it though, correct me if i'm wrong
bingo.

if you had hit it during the injection, you would know. it feels like someone just poured molten steel on your leg.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
the pain should subside after the swelling goes down and the oil dissipates a little

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bingo.

if you had hit it during the injection, you would know. it feels like someone just poured molten steel on your leg.
:think: how do you know what molten steel getting poured on your legs feels like.................:lol: j/k thanks guys:wave: :thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have lower back problems and thats exactly how the sciatic nerve feels when its irritated. but i dont think you damaged it. if you did you wouldnt be able to walk right now. When i used to get that type of pain it would linger for a few days. but my case was different. I used to take a vitamin B complex.
b-vitamins help with nerve integrity right?

e_man

Awards
Its supposed to . but i dont know if it will help in your case. It sounds like it's just irritated.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a pain in the ass, pun intended. If you would've hit the sciatic nerve during injection, someone would have to peel you off the ceiling. Give it a few days and you should be fine.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
where do you usually inject Piston? nice avi BTW.... always coming up with something
Werd, more than enough spots in the quads and delts :D

jecko
quads, delts and ventroglutes. this is not with ED injections tho. glutes are pretty tough for me to aspirate and im not confident that im actually hitting the muscle. its more of a hassle to shoot glutes imo unless someone else is shooting it for you and knows what they are doing.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
quads, delts and ventroglutes. this is not with ED injections tho. glutes are pretty tough for me to aspirate and im not confident that im actually hitting the muscle. its more of a hassle to shoot glutes imo unless someone else is shooting it for you and knows what they are doing.
Whoa piston wtf are you doing posting at this time of day!? Your posts are like my morning paper, dont mess that up for me! :nono:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha im at kmart dude. they have a free internet service and yes i should be sleeping now (daytime) but i had to go see a public defender today....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha im at kmart dude. they have a free internet service and yes i should be sleeping now (daytime) but i had to go see a public defender today....
hahaha convict!!!!!!!!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just a murder case......

nah i should be good, looking to get a trial for some bs harrassment charge. petty misdemenor i pushed this pu55y ass bum ass b1tch ass dude down for being a pu55y ass bum ass b1tch ass dude...anyway i should be able to say it was in defense or maybe they wont bring any witnesses and ill get it thrown out. we'll see, its been over a year since the arrest.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Werd, I'm just glad my wife is a nurse and a pro with the poking utensils :D

jecko

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Trip... I Did The Same Thing When I Was Sticking Test... The Next Day I Had Bad Nerve Pain..it Went Away In Like Three Days... Scarred The Sh*t Out Of Me... It Swells Up And Puts Pressure On The Nerve...if You Were To Hit It You Would Definitly Know....i Stick In The Little Muscle Just Above The Glute On Either Side.. Just Bellow The Waste Line...less Pain And Away From The Nerve...i Forgett What The Muscle Is Called....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trip... I Did The Same Thing When I Was Sticking Test... The Next Day I Had Bad Nerve Pain..it Went Away In Like Three Days... Scarred The Sh*t Out Of Me... It Swells Up And Puts Pressure On The Nerve...if You Were To Hit It You Would Definitly Know....i Stick In The Little Muscle Just Above The Glute On Either Side.. Just Bellow The Waste Line...less Pain And Away From The Nerve...i Forgett What The Muscle Is Called....
yea i know that little muscle.I shot there early this morning after reading like everything i could on the subject!

~good news i have been pain free for the last two days ...so i think it resolved itself...THANK GOD!!! this was quite possibly the most pain i have been in in a long time..

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
One Thing... That Little Muscle Will Get Huge...haha... Mine Blew Up... Makes Your A*s Look Funny... But Less Risky Worth It In My Opinion..

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Trip took a nana in the butt. I guess that'll leave your sciatic twitchin'.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trip took a nana in the butt. I guess that'll leave your sciatic twitchin'.
emo i can stuff your entine body into a shoebox! just remember that...................it would have to be a rather big shoebox but i think we all get the point! :)

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
i Stick In The Little Muscle Just Above The Glute On Either Side.. Just Bellow The Waste Line...less Pain And Away From The Nerve...i Forgett What The Muscle Is Called....

Gluteus Minimus

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Im Bumping This Becuase I Believe My Last Post Was A Legitiment Question..... Any Answer?

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Its The Last Post On The First Page.... Its About Injection Methods.... Click The Link......

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
http://www.enotes.com/nursing-encyclopedia/z-track-injection

CUROUS.. I WAS READING UP IN DIFFERENT INJECTION METHODS... WHY IS IT THAT THEY TELL YOU TOO DRA .3-.5 CC OF AIR AND ACTUALLY INJECT IT TOO... READ THIS... IWAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WOULD KILL YOU?...
Using then z-track method you aspirate the air to insure all the med clears the syringe, then you change needles that will ensure that you do not have the med leaking into the subcutaneous tissue. The z-track method is only used for meds that could stain the skin(sometimes permanently) from the med leaking into subq tissue. An air bolus is deadly intraveinously not so in an intramuscular injection. Also you wouldn't be using z-track for any anabolic that I'm aware of.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is wisdom, unless you have someone who knows what they are doing who can inject for you I would avoid it.
where is you prefered spot to hit?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, you kicked his ass!! Should've at least knocked him out, I mean, you were gonna get arrested anyways might as well make it count
thats what i said! sh1t! my homeboy asked me if i wanted him to stakeout the house and when he walked out my homeboy would just mug his ass and give um a beating...lol we shoulda did that.

back to the injections....

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
where is you prefered spot to hit?
I'm a nurse and so is my lifting partner, I actually prefer ventrogluteal injections but he pins me and vice versa. If I pin myself and i'm doing back and biceps I'll use the vastus lateralis muscle in the thigh, go about one hand length above the knee it's the muscle on the outer thigh you can probably see it. If it's leg day I would pin my Deltoid.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is not true, there is such a large "safe" area that you have to be an idiot or trip to hit the sciatic nerve.
I disagree, ventogluteal injections are relatively safe but that is not were most guys are pinning themselves.Dorsogluteal injection are where most guys I have seen inject and that area is to close to the sciatic nerve and the superior gluteal artery plus most people have alot more fat in that area and injecting into fat is a waste of gear. So Ventroglute is the spot if you are injecting in buttocks, but it has risks and why take any unneccesary risk.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Taking steroids is a risk to begin with
Very true but after doing some homework and weighing the risks vs the rewards alot of us still opt to use and given that you are going to use do so as safely as possible. TripDog started this thread because he was in pain and was concerned that he might have hit his sciatic nerve, if you ever do hit your sciatic it can cause paralysis, possibly permanent paralysis. I have no statistics as to how often it happens rarely I would guess but it's real and it's to big of a risk in my opinion. I have tried to inject myself in the glute and it is awkward for me and I have given hundreds of IM injections.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
I actually like shooting my glutes. As long as you keep it high and to the outside the risk is minimal, but of course its always there. Giving them to myself, yeah thats a pain but I prefer it over someone else doing it.
I AGREE...I WOULD WAY REATHER STICK MY SELF THEN SOMEONE ELSE DO IT... MY FIRST FEW TIMES MY BUDDY DID IT FOR ME... BUT I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE BEING IN CONTROLL OF WHAT IS HAPPENING... AND I THINK THE GLUT INJECTION IS FIN AS LONG AS ITS DONE RIGHT... I ALWAYS KEEP IT HIGH.. AND IF YOU USE A LONG ENOUGH PIN I DONT THINK THERE IS MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT AS FAR AS "MISSING" THE MUSCLE

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dunno i think the quad is the best spot to shoot. so many different spots you can rotate and that also means less worry about scar tissue. you can also see it right in front of you and use two hands so you get more control. People are scared to hit veins and whatever. I think they just cant handle the pain you sometimes get with quads. If you cant walk after then something is wrong lol.