Accutane and depression

Juicaholic

Awards
What are the chances of suffering from depression on accutane and what other side effects can it produce?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
In highschool one of my best freinds took accutane and got moderately depressed along with being freqeuntly neaseous.. it was enough for him to stop taking it completely! His blood pressure was consistently higher while he was medicated as well, had real dry skin issues, and never ate anything .. haha sorry to make it sound like a deathtrap but yeah I probably wouldn't touch that stuff unless your face is just redonk!

jrob24

Awards
it all depends on the person. i took accutane in high school and loved it. i dont ever get more than a pimple or 2 even on cycle. I had no depression issues or anything besides dry skin and chapped lips if i didnt put chapstick on ever 30 minutes. Only bad thing is now im addicted to chapstick

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took it in high school for a bit. Only side I had was dry skin. I went off it cos my liver values were off for a while. No depression or nausea noticed, but chapstick was essential.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I took accutane about 5-6 years ago and I haven't had a bad breakout since. It dried me the **** out. Apparantly I was really depressed according to everyone I knew...but I didn't notice. Friends and family said I had a very sad demeanor and walked around with my head pointed at the ground, lol!

pyrotechnik

Awards
depression is a side from accutane but from what i hear it's not extremely common. i took it in high school for about 3-4 months and my acne went away for the most part. i used to be somewhat of a pizza face, and now breakouts can be much more easily controlled. i never remembered the accutane giving me depression but i read that just under 1% of users get depression/thoughts of suicide. and as everyone else says... chapstick is essential cause you get REALLY dry. aquaphor works wonders, better than chapstick.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I agree with pyrotechnik...you need to carry something like carmex or blistex with you 24/7 and apply about every 1-2 hours.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
sounds like everybody reacts to the compound a little bit differently! I guess you're best bet would be maybe to test the water a little bit and if the costs outweigh the benefits then scrap the b*tch! :lol: