Pumping Iron (arnold) Question

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Ok, so I just saw “pumping iron” for the first time…netflixed it. Wow…what a great documentary. If any of you haven’t seen it, put down whatever you are doing and rent it!

By Arnold’s own admission, they were juicing back then. It wasn’t illegal, and a doctor could prescribe you what you needed. I have no idea what he took, but many speculate some dbol, primo, and others perhaps.

I am confused on this though – how did all those guys not do damage to their livers? How did they get away with doing all this without any post cycle therapy? Almost everyone in the film is still looking good and fit today…I mean, Arnold himself has managed to stay muscular and fit his whole life. So how is it they did all this juice, and didn’t have health problems????

I’m freaked out about even doing one superdrol cycle due to all the sides and these guys were loading up on the real stuff and are still doing great today…..What’s going on here???
:think:

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Arnold, fit his whole life?? Ha, he had a coronary bypass done due to clogged arteries. While I'm sure it was due to stress and ****ty eating habits due to campaigning, I think AAS may have also played a small role.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Arnold, fit his whole life?? Ha, he had a coronary bypass done due to clogged arteries. While I'm sure it was due to stress and ****ty eating habits due to campaigning, I think anabolic steroids may have also played a small role.
I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with clogged arteries, and it was actually a congenital heart valve defect that he had repaired. And was he even campaining in '97?

Drew1200

Drew1200

Awards
I’m freaked out about even doing one superdrol cycle due to all the sides and these guys were loading up on the real stuff and are still doing great today…..What’s going on here???
liver toxicity is grossly overstated. as long as you're eating healthy and not drinking a 6-pack a night you'll be ok. good to be aware of it, and liver support is essential while running any oral... but ya. you're not going to turn yellow doing cycles of mild PH unless you really abuse your liver through other avenues.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
liver toxicity is grossly overstated. as long as you're eating healthy and not drinking a 6-pack a night you'll be ok. good to be aware of it, and liver support is essential while running any oral... but ya. you're not going to turn yellow doing cycles of mild PH unless you really abuse your liver through other avenues.
i agree. if you dont have serious health issues at the moment that is. If you are being just retarded about it then you kinda deserve the health problems to be honest. Be smart and use in moderation while living a healthy lifestyle, you will be healthy. NOw if you are takin huge doses and trying to compete and doing this for years and years with very little breaks then youll definately have problems.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
it's not really like everyone who uses steroids will have liver failure, heart problems, no balls, etc. if they don't use support supplements

however, we know better now than they did then, so why not take advantage of that?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I just saw “pumping iron” for the first time…netflixed it. Wow…what a great documentary. If any of you haven’t seen it, put down whatever you are doing and rent it!

By Arnold’s own admission, they were juicing back then. It wasn’t illegal, and a doctor could prescribe you what you needed. I have no idea what he took, but many speculate some dbol, primo, and others perhaps.

I am confused on this though – how did all those guys not do damage to their livers? How did they get away with doing all this without any post cycle therapy? Almost everyone in the film is still looking good and fit today…I mean, Arnold himself has managed to stay muscular and fit his whole life. So how is it they did all this juice, and didn’t have health problems????

Arnold had quadruole bypass surgery, among other CV related illness, I deem that "health problems" certainly related to anabolic usage

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Yeah from what I understand his heart thing was genetic anyway.

The guy seems healthy as an ox, still has hair, and never had any gyno that I am aware of....

Just can't believe these guys popped dbol like vitamins and are fine.

Did they ever even come off cycle? Or were they constantly juicing, and therefore never had the need to PCT?

seville55

Awards
Arnold had quadruole bypass surgery, among other CV related illness, I deem that "health problems" certainly related to anabolic usage
No he didn't. He had heart surgery to correct a congenital defect. There were only two cuspid valves when there were supposed to be three.

pman

pman

Awards
This whole oral steroid is IMO blown way out of proportion...i'm currently in my first cycle but after read hundreds and hundreds of post if you just use your freakin head and don't be stupid you will be fine...i'm definitly not saying its safe by any means but YOU can make it safer. Its a hell of a lot safer to do orals than it is to smoke...imo
After all the reading that i have done i'm not worried in the slightest.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think it is also over exaggerated, as far as the liver stuff goes at least....i mean if your not an idiot about it youll be ok.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
pumping iron was the best movie ever

Pumping Iron Extra(The Real and The Fake) Part 1

Pumping Iron Extra(The Real and The Fake) Part 2

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Pumping Iron 1/9

Pumping Iron 2/9

Pumping Iron 3/9

Pumping Iron 4/9

Pumping Iron 5/9

Pumping Iron 6/9

Pumping Iron 7/9

Pumping Iron 8/9

Pumping Iron 9/9

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
some people can take potent steroids drink a few beers and still have no problem and others take extra care use liver support and get loads of problems taking mild gear, its just one of those things. i was talking to an old guy a while back he said each time he went to the gym he had a jab of some steroid that he did't even know the name of took no liver suppport no pct and only stopped because he got pains in his balls, those days must have been soooooo difirent