OLD banned stuff that is expired. What is the worst that could happen?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Say you have some stuff pre-ban like m1t or anything of that first era of ph/ps...... if you opened the bottle and never sealed it again (besides the cap tightly closed) or never freezed it.......what could you expect if you used it? Im referring to tabs or pills btw. I would assume that it would just possibly be weaker but do you think the structure would change? ANy knowledgable answers apprieciated.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I am NOT knowledgeable either - but from what I've read other people say, if they're vacuum sealed/frozen/etc, they pretty much just lose their potency. At least that's the assumption I'm going on - but by no means a "real" answer.

I once remember me and a whole group of kids believed Santa was real too...more ppl propagating that story doesn't necessarily make it true...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
it will lose potentcy..thats about it.

so dosing something like m1t will be all kind of tough to figure out.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-3 caps should do, i dont even think of going overboard with m1t.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
well i have taken stuff over a year out of date it worked just as good, one place where i get PH (legal uk site) sells PH out of date but a lot cheaper, how long has it been since it expired?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i bet not much potency will have been lost unless you subjected them to extreme temperature fluctuations and sunlight. they should be fine.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought they stayed good longer when frozen??
i was under the same impression.

I did keep it in a dark drawer the whole time ive had it....since 2004. I personally think its still good but just wondering if chemical structure or anything like that would be possible.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i bet not much potency will have been lost unless you subjected them to extreme temperature fluctuations and sunlight. they should be fine.
:goodpost: Exactly

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
solids (like m1t) are the most stable state. all particles (atoms) are in constant movement. in a solid state, particles that make up the compound move the slowest and just vibrate. if you heat it up they will vibrate faster - cool it down and they vibrate slower. the movement/vibration is actually what breaks down the structure over time. the less vibration the longer the compound will last in its original form. that is why storing in the freezer will help.

rate of degradation also depends on how fragile the compound is. some molecular structures are extremely weak. m1t in a solid state is likely to not be very fragile.

so, in this example of 4yr old m1t stored at a constant room temp in the dark, the potency lost is probably very slight.

i believe in order to dramatically change the chemical structure you would need to change the physical state (from solid to liquid or liquid to vapor). someone please correct me if i'm wrong here.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
You misunderstood me.
Yes - they do stay active longer when frozen.

The OP was not asking what makes them last longer though,
he was asking "what is the worst that could happen".

Assuming they are either at least vacuum sealed or frozen,
the only "bad thing" I can think of happening is that they will
eventually lose their potency. That's the worst thing.

Otherwise, if they are subjected to moisture or heat, etc - then
it may be possible their chemical structure would change, which would probably make it the worst thing that could happen.

Of course when I just checked now, I realized the OP said he did not freeze them - which I assumed he did.
Not a big deal - only the time of degradation changes, but I doubt the structure.