Donating Blood on cycle. Why or why not?

1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Donating Blood on cycle. Why or why not?

I've been reading through other threads suggesting that you should donate blood on cycle to decrease your RBC count. Then I read others that say giving whole blood would make you too weak. Well lets say your on EQ and your RBC count is already high. Would giving blood be a good idea? What if you are giving it at a blood drive?

Also, won't they test it for A.A.S., and be able to tell if your blood is unacceptable before you give it?

Discuss.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.58%

If you RBC is too high they wont take it in the first place right?. i think donating blood on cycle is an extrememly irresponsible thing to do. it would also mean you would have to take a day or two off from the gym and besides wouldn't you want the maximum amount of blood in your body at all times especially during cycle? Dont know what they do in the states but in Aus they do make you answer a questionaire which asks you directly about drug use etc. I wouldnt want to lie on it.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.8%

I just donated blood and the only thing in the (very long) questionnaire about steroids refers to the needles used. As far as medications you can not donate if you're taking propecia or any kind of balding prevention stuff.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.16%

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBooty View Post
    I just donated blood and the only thing in the (very long) questionnaire about steroids refers to the needles used. As far as medications you can not donate if you're taking propecia or any kind of balding prevention stuff.
    Uh oh, propecia = fina. Damn I'm screwed then.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.16%

bump
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.16%

bump
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.58%

what would an extremely high RBC do on a cycle?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

Quote Originally Posted by thewrx View Post
    what would an extremely high RBC do on a cycle?
    high RBC is taxing on your heart and circulatory system, and possibly is responsible for enlarged hearts seen in some AAS users. i've also heard that high RBC increases vascularity. that is why EQ is reported to make you so veiney.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    high RBC is taxing on your heart and circulatory system, and possibly is responsible for enlarged hearts seen in some anabolic steroids users. i've also heard that high RBC increases vascularity. that is why EQ is reported to make you so veiney.
    IDK about rbc increasing vasularity, vascularity comes more from ones natural metabolic rate than from steroid use (which increases metabolism obviously). the veins dilate and bulge to increase heat radiation to the surrounding air.

donating while on cycle is a bad idea for several reasons. Substances like anastrazole, fintasteride, trenbolone, oxymetholone, high dose testosterone, igf-1 and GH can have an effect on the person recieving the blood, without a doubt.

imagine being on IGF-1 or GH and a cancer patient getting that blood? That would obviously be an enormous problem.

as would a female recieving blood riddled with trenbolone or oxymetholone molecules.

Any anything i listed above is bad if the female is pregnant.

high dose testosterone is probably the only safe thing to donate blood on. the reciever would more likely metabolize it before it could become a problem. high RBC makes the blood viscous and harder to pump than normal blood. its the fast track to cardiovasular disease.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

i had been told that the higher blood viscosity caused by elevated RBC helped your veins stay fuller and stand out. is that not the case?
    i know vascularity is a function of several factors, such as bf% and genetics but i thought thicker blood would also help.

isn't that why EQ helps increase vascularity - because it also significantly increases RBC?
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%

Why are you trying to reduce RBC by donating blood. I mean unless your having severely negative sides (like symptoms associated with Polycythemia I believe?) I just dont get it. High RBC could lead to low blood pressure I believe, in the short term I dont think this is a serious health issue (unless you just never come off cycle).

Emo's cutting themselves doesnt help either.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.16%

I saw some other threads about donating blood that made me think you HAVE to do it while on EQ. I'm running a very low dose of EQ though, and my diet is spotless, and cardio is on point. On top of that I'm running ancillaries, and cycle support, and high dose fish oil, and aspirin a bit... etc, etc.

So maybe I don't need to give blood?
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total number of red blood cells in the body. The overproduction of red blood cells may be due to a primary process in the bone marrow (a so-called myeloproliferative syndrome), or it may be a reaction to chronically low oxygen levels or, rarely, a malignancy.

Patients with polycythemia vera are often asymptomatic. A classic symptom of polycythemia vera is generalized itching, particularly after exposure to warm water, which may be due to abnormal histamine release[4][5] or prostaglandin production.[6] Such itching is present in approximately 40% of patients with polycythemia vera.[2] Gouty arthritis may be present in up to 20% of patients.[2] Peptic ulcer disease is also common in patients with polycythemia vera; the reasons for this are unclear, but may be related to an increased susceptibility to infection with the ulcer-causing bacterium H. pylori.[7]

A rare but classic symptom of polycythemia vera (and the related myeloproliferative disease essential thrombocythemia) is erythromelalgia.[8] This is a sudden, severe burning pain in the hands or feet, usually accompanied by a reddish or bluish coloration of the skin. Erythromelalgia is caused by an increased platelet count or increased platelet "stickiness", resulting in the formation of tiny blood clots in the vessels of the extremity; it responds rapidly to treatment with aspirin.[9][10]

Patients with polycythemia vera are prone to the development of blood clots (thrombosis). A major thrombotic complication (e.g. heart attack, stroke, deep venous thrombosis, or Budd-Chiari syndrome) may sometimes be the first symptom or indication that a person has polycythemia vera.
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%

Yeah, Jomi said that a lil better.
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.16%

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total number of red blood cells in the body. The overproduction of red blood cells may be due to a primary process in the bone marrow (a so-called myeloproliferative syndrome), or it may be a reaction to chronically low oxygen levels or, rarely, a malignancy.

Patients with polycythemia vera are often asymptomatic. A classic symptom of polycythemia vera is generalized itching, particularly after exposure to warm water, which may be due to abnormal histamine release[4][5] or prostaglandin production.[6] Such itching is present in approximately 40% of patients with polycythemia vera.[2] Gouty arthritis may be present in up to 20% of patients.[2] Peptic ulcer disease is also common in patients with polycythemia vera; the reasons for this are unclear, but may be related to an increased susceptibility to infection with the ulcer-causing bacterium H. pylori.[7]

A rare but classic symptom of polycythemia vera (and the related myeloproliferative disease essential thrombocythemia) is erythromelalgia.[8] This is a sudden, severe burning pain in the hands or feet, usually accompanied by a reddish or bluish coloration of the skin. Erythromelalgia is caused by an increased platelet count or increased platelet "stickiness", resulting in the formation of tiny blood clots in the vessels of the extremity; it responds rapidly to treatment with aspirin.[9][10]

Patients with polycythemia vera are prone to the development of blood clots (thrombosis). A major thrombotic complication (e.g. heart attack, stroke, deep venous thrombosis, or Budd-Chiari syndrome) may sometimes be the first symptom or indication that a person has polycythemia vera.
    I don't think I have that... so I'm not sure what you're trying to say? I know you've done some gear in your day and I'm assuming didn't donate blood, so what's up doc?
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I don't think I have that... so I'm not sure what you're trying to say? I know you've done some gear in your day and I'm assuming didn't donate blood, so what's up doc?
    on high dose EQ i had some very severe symptoms of polycythemia. I actually was not allowed to give blood (i tried) because my hematocrit was so high.

i was actually a combination of several things (including other drugs/ancilliaries) that caused it to get so bad. Its really not something youre going to have to worry about 99% of the time.

giving blood on cycle really isnt necessary or a safe thing to do when considering the person on the other end of the transfusion.
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.19%

break out the leches j/k
    i know when there doing there patient history report at the red cross steroid usage is a direct question and leads to a lifetime deferral.
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey View Post
    break out the leches j/k
    i know when there doing there patient history report at the red cross steroid usage is a direct question and leads to a lifetime deferral.
    its still widely accepted that steroid users are like junkies...sharing dirty needles and such (aids, hepatitus). that is the reason for the lifetime deferral.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 170
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
  2. Who has tried Muscle Gauge? Why or Why not
    By lubowen83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 12:23 AM
  3. POLL: Test Booster On Cycle, PCT or Off Cycle
    By BigJoeski3 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 08:04 AM
  4. Replies: 6