Formastat vs Nolva vs 6-OXO

randydogsf

Awards
Some questions for my upcomming 2nd ph cycle (which will be my 1st full-length, full-strength one)...

I'm going to start a cycle in a few weeks. I will choose between Ergo's 1-AD and T-1 Final. Leaning toward the T-1 Final - mostly because its cheaper, and because I've already done a short 1-AD cycle with good results, and want to try something different.

My plan: do a 6 week cycle of T-1 Final at the rate of a bottle every 2 weeks, have liquid Nolva on hand just in case gyno pops up, and then do 6-OXO for recovery.

But before I start ordering, I've got a few questions.

My major question is this:

- In another string, someone suggested adding formastane to T-1 Final to reduce the chance of gyno. And Formastat (the pill version of formastane) is marketed as an excellent choice for recovery. What do you think? How does Formastane compare with Nolva for gyno prevention during a cycle, and how does it compare with 6-OXO for recovery?

(I'm thinking - if formastane works during the cycle to prevent gyno, and after the cycle to promote recovery, why not just skip buying BOTH the Nolva and the 6-OXO, and do the job of both with the ultra-cheap formastane?)

This leads to a few minor questions:

- I thought that for max results you wanted to not inhibit the estrogen during a cycle unless you develop gyno or something - wouldn't adding a daily dose of formastane during the cycle result in less overall gain than just using T-1 Final alone?

- If I don't add the formastane as a daily thing, but just have it around in case of gyno, will it get things under control as effectively as nolva?

Thanks in advance for the advice. I'm learning a lot from you guys and passing it on as I get the chance...

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
This is just my experience so take it for what it is worth.

My last PH cycle lasted 8 weeks. My partner has gyno issues and due to the large amount of 4-AD, and a little 5-AD, these issues reared their ugly heads. I started him on Aromazap(Syntrax's version of Formenstane), 2 to 3 caps a day,and it worked wonders on cycle for him. I had planned on doing 6-OXO for my post cycle but decided to try out Aromazap instead. It worked great for me and my partner post-cycle at 2 a day(100mg) for 2 weeks, then 1 a day(50mg) for 4 weeks.

Since I haven't taken 6-OXO, I can't compare it. I have taken Clomid before and although Clomid works better, for a mild to moderate PH cycle I don't think Clomid is warranted for post cycle. Now if you go heavy either with PH or real gear, I would go the Clomid route. That is what I will be doing on my next cycle in month.

Hope this helps

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by randydogsf
In another string, someone suggested adding formastane to T-1 Final to reduce the chance of gyno. And Formastat (the pill version of formastane) is marketed as an excellent choice for recovery. What do you think? How does Formastane compare with Nolva for gyno prevention during a cycle, and how does it compare with 6-OXO for recovery?

(I'm thinking - if formastane works during the cycle to prevent gyno, and after the cycle to promote recovery, why not just skip buying BOTH the Nolva and the 6-OXO, and do the job of both with the ultra-cheap formastane?)
As for gyno prevention, formestat *may* provide a decent amount of protection, but considering it's alleged limited oral bioavailability, I wouldn't use it that way. If you are considering buying formestane powder to add in the trans mix, then that could work, there is limited feedback on that so far, however. We know for a fact that Nolva will help prevent and even reduce and possibly eliminate gyno, so the comparison is hard to make. One we know works effectively and has studies to back it, the other is basically theory and limited feedback when compared, so....you decide what to go with ;)

Of your choices I'd say run 10mg nolva during cycle if you like, then 20mg post and you should be fine. You could do 20mg Nolva and 6-oxo, up to you IMO.

Originally posted by randydogsf
- I thought that for max results you wanted to not inhibit the estrogen during a cycle unless you develop gyno or something - wouldn't adding a daily dose of formastane during the cycle result in less overall gain than just using T-1 Final alone?

- If I don't add the formastane as a daily thing, but just have it around in case of gyno, will it get things under control as effectively as nolva?
Well if you want the maximum amount of gains during cycle, yes, don't add an anti-e. Considering that most estrogen related gains of fluid may be lost post cycle anyway, that is why people choose to run an anti-e on cycle. Basically it amounts to getting the same dry gains, without the bloat and fluid retention. If you don't mind the bloat, by all means don't run one and just have formestane or nolva on hand.

IMO formestane may help you in your case, but Nolva is proven to help in this case and is basically the only real med used for reversing gyno, so that should give you an indication. There just simply isn't enough data on formestane to compare efficacy, the best anyone could do is get a rough idea from anecdotal reports for now. I say stick with Nolva...it's proven and very effective, what's to decide there? ;)

canadaguy

Awards
I'm running formistat in my super One + cycle and I'm feeling a difference (I'm using it transdermally). At this point in a cycle; I'm usualy suffering from the beginnings of gyno and feeling a small amount of bloat. None of these is noted so far.....I'm a happy camper. I'd recommend throwing some into a transdermal cycle.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I'm running formistat in my super One + cycle and I'm feeling a difference (I'm using it transdermally)
I'm very curious 'bout this, how much formistat did you mix in?

canadaguy

Awards
the solution basically only allowed me to mix around 2grams per bottle. I will be adding some DMSO shortly and hopefully will be able to add a bit more. Now that I think about it 2grams doesn't sound like a lot....but it seems to be helping anyways....

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
From what i gathered about formestane, it is a better "on cycle" anti-e as opposed to post cycle use. My understanding is that formestane is a mild prohormone of 4-hydroxytest (i don't recall exactly where I read this). That said it may be mildly anabolic and mildly suppressive. Not exactly what the nad needs during post cycle.