epistane question? SHARP PAINS

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
HEY
Quick question I am getting sharp pains in my forearms on the bone when I do straight bar curls. What could be causing this and how can i fix it? Because it seriously hurts so bad I cant do barbell curls and it sux,

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
how often do you curl?

did the pains just start?

could be tendinitis...might be something else.

need more info...

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
HEY
Quick question I am getting sharp pains in my forearms on the bone when I do straight bar curls. What could be causing this and how can i fix it? Because it seriously hurts so bad I cant do barbell curls and it sux,
What are you dosing it at? It may have something to do with Epi being so darn dry.

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
No, but seriously some cissus should definitely help in this area. YOu are getting dried out from the epi. Bet it kinda feels like shin splints in your forearms (not that you have been running on your hands or anything).

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly I notice similar pains when I am working bi's and forearms too often. Maybe take a week off of those.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stop stroking..... n/m

Straight bar curl pulls the bone from alignment thus causing the tendons in and around the area to "over-compensate" and could very well give you sharp pains (sharp pain usually indicates a vessel and nerve are simultaneously being overly stimulated)

Simple solution - use a e-z bar to curl - if you continue to do straight bar curls, you run the risk of permanently damaging yourself

And cissus is good and all, but it will not help you on this

washingtonirvin

Awards
Yep.

I like to use the E-Z bar, do 1 set of narrow grip, 1 set of reverse grip, and 1 set of wide grip curls.

Try this and report back to us~

2RIIPPED

Awards
USE THE EZ curl bar!!!!! thats why your forearms hurt trust me. I've really messed my self up doing curls with a normal barbell, where I couldn't do curls for a year, the EZ curl bar is designed to give less stress to your forearms. Luckily I guess my forearms have built up strength over time and now the straight bar doesn't hurt quite as much. Now I do what Gixxer said and release my hands very slowly after I put the weight down. Seriously though don't use a straight bar anymore, you'll thank me later.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
Thanks to everyone who gave me input. I will put it all to use in the next few days when i do arms again. I have been dosing at 30mgs right now but tomorrow I start 40. The pain just started and it is usually when I'm doing the curls not when I finnish. It's terrible its like someone is pounding a hammer on my forearms when I curl(almost unbearable). I will give all your suggestions a try and report back to everyone. Thanks again