On cycle weight gain question????

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Alot of people say they are gaining 10-15lbs in 4 weeks on a typical cycle. I have heard some say they only ate 500-700 cals above maintenance during this time. If that is true, then wouldn't it only be possible to put on 4-5 lbs actually lean mass, based on excess caloric intake? Can someone shed some light?

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
a person who gains 15lbs in a month probly gained 5-8lbs of lean mass and the rest is fat/water/glycogen

the human body can add roughly .5lbs of muscle mass per week naturally... even with some of the stronger PH/PS out there a person is still not going to be able to put on more than 2/2.5lbs of pure lean mass per week

but it's all about goals, some people just want to slam on as much mass as possible, others are worried about keeping gains lean

But overall if a person tells you i gained 15lbs of lean muscle in 30days they are full of sh*t

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
a person who gains 15lbs in a month probly gained 5-8lbs of lean mass and the rest is fat/water/glycogen

the human body can add roughly .5lbs of muscle mass per week naturally... even with some of the stronger PH/PS out there a person is still not going to be able to put on more than 2/2.5lbs of pure lean mass per week

but it's all about goals, some people just want to slam on as much mass as possible, others are worried about keeping gains lean

But overall if a person tells you i gained 15lbs of lean muscle in 30days they are full of sh*t
Very true!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
People who are nowhere near their genetic potential are the ones that usually post these types of gains as well.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Very true!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
People who are nowhere near their genetic potential are the ones that usually post these types of gains as well.
true. I agree, mostly bs or just half of total is water,glycogen, and fat.

my diet is sufficient for my goals and training is solid and i still make fairly minimal gains compared to other guys because genetic limits are pretty much on the max.