Prostate, saw palmetto, 1-test

Tiabin

Awards
Hrm... Just kind of curious. I've heard a lot of mixed messages about saw palmetto, some saying it wouldn't do anything to prevent prostate hypertrophy. If you're on a 1-test only cycle, should you even have to worry about prostate? If so, then how do you help prevent it?
As far as hairloss... Any way I can prevent that aside from prescription shampoo? (Despite I doubt I'll have any issues with hairloss... good genetics)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Saw P CAN help BPH due to androgen use if your predisposed to it and swell while on cycle. If your not sure if you prone then you may want to see if theres a problem before using it.

Tiabin

Awards
Well, can it hurt to take it? If not, then why not just take it for good measure?

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Doesn't it take a couple of weeks to 'kick in'? I've been taking it while I've been taking ECAs and it definitely seems to help - ephedra really tweaks my prostate. I started at 160mg/day, but that didn't seem to do much, so I bumped it up to 320/day. It helps a good bit, but I've still got the hypertrophy symptoms, just not as severe.

Tiabin

Awards
Doesn't it take a couple of weeks to 'kick in'? I've been taking it while I've been taking ECAs and it definitely seems to help - ephedra really tweaks my prostate. I started at 160mg/day, but that didn't seem to do much, so I bumped it up to 320/day. It helps a good bit, but I've still got the hypertrophy symptoms, just not as severe.
You been taking S.P. or 1-test? If S.P. that dosage is WAY too low I think.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Definately helping my prostate out on test/boldenone. When i miss a dosage i can feel the difference.

RM BiggaFigga

Awards
Why does saw palmetto help with 1-test? 1-test converts to DHT, but it is not 5-alpha reduced to DHT, and I thought the only thing saw palmetto helped was with 5-alpha reduction of test into DHT in the prostate. Therefore, I doubt saw palmetto would help on a 1-test only cycle, though I doubt it would hurt.

-RM

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive read many reports of SP helping with prostate problems due to androgen use. RMBiggaFigga, Im not sure if SP just blocks DHT entirely, or just the 5ar of test in the prostate. Most have suggested large doses (9+ caps a day - not sure on mg's here - its the Walmart Brand) when on a 1test cycle.

As far as hairloss goes, Spironolactone2%/Azelic Acid+Minoxodil 5%/Nizoral Shampoo is the cocktail that seems to produce the best results. I know my hair was naturally thinning, I used these products for a month and I can definately see results.

Spironolactone is the only product that can actually block 1test at the follicle receptors, as far as I know of.

BigV

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
1-2 grams a day of SP. Beta Sisterol is even better.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
You read my mind. I was just gonna ask about beta-sitosterol. I noticed some BHP symtoms on my last cycle, but it seemed pretty minor and toward the end of the cycle so i didn't take anything. I will definitely add either bete-sitosterol or saw palmetto to my next cycle. thanks.