gaining too fast?

Andromedus

Awards
Alright, I'm about 5'10 150 lbs, 23 years old, extremely low % fat, probably around 3-4%. I'm thinking about starting my first cycle in order to put on some mass (dianobol weeks 1-4 and test E weeks 1-12), I'm an extremely hard gainer and one cycle should put me to where I want to get. I know a lot about nutrition, and if I do this cycle, I'm going to do it nutrionally correct. My number one concern, though, is that I will gain so fast that friends/family will be like "wtf mate" and I won't know how to respond. Has anyone else had to deal w/this? "I'm doing a cycle of steroids" is not a viable response for me. I'm just trying to figure out how those w/experience dealt with this aspect of their first cycle. Is it a non-factor, or are people likely to wonder about it? Just how obvious is this $hit going to be after one good cycle? Thanks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many kcals do you eat per day? I am the same height as you and we used to be the same size, but once I learned how much I actually should be eating, I started to gain mass.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm about 5'10 150 lbs, 23 years old, extremely low % fat, probably around 3-4%. I'm thinking about starting my first cycle in order to put on some mass (dianobol weeks 1-4 and test E weeks 1-12), I'm an extremely hard gainer and one cycle should put me to where I want to get. I know a lot about nutrition, and if I do this cycle, I'm going to do it nutrionally correct. My number one concern, though, is that I will gain so fast that friends/family will be like "wtf mate" and I won't know how to respond. Has anyone else had to deal w/this? "I'm doing a cycle of steroids" is not a viable response for me. I'm just trying to figure out how those w/experience dealt with this aspect of their first cycle. Is it a non-factor, or are people likely to wonder about it? Just how obvious is this $hit going to be after one good cycle? Thanks.

3-4% bf?

Not to call BS, but I really doubt that.

This is 3%:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=75234&d=1071062790

Not really healthy to 'maintain' at for more than a few hours.

In response to 'growing too fast', if anyone asks, just tell them that you started a new routine that you are really responding to and that you are eating like its your job.

X

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Tell them you started CellTech + NOXplode + New Routine you got from a CellTech ad.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
creatine, creatine creatine... and you got this great muscle building diet from a magazine.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
creatine, creatine creatine... and you got this great muscle building diet from a magazine.
Hey *******: that sounds like a half-assed version of my plan. Don't try to steal my thunder, biooooootch!
:FUfinger:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh wait.... no wonder i hurd:dump:.. lol... thats right Ubi told me you were here too... im up in the AV in lancaster... frickin desert

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
How many kcals do you eat per day? I am the same height as you and we used to be the same size, but once I learned how much I actually should be eating, I started to gain mass.
Basically what he said. List your diet exercise routine and supps used. Also have you had a blood test done?

Andromedus

Awards
Basically what he said. List your diet exercise routine and supps used. Also have you had a blood test done?
Supps: ON 100% Whey Protein Powder at wake up, post workout, and just before bed, L-Glutamine Supp w/protein powder, Vitamin C 500 3x a day (w/protein powder), UDO's Choice Blend 2-3x a day (essential fatty acids), meal replacement powder 2x a day (EAS Myoplex), i have an excellent multi vit 1x a day, calcium supp 1x a day before bed, i'm on micronized creatine, i also take twinlab ZMA fuel (generaly before bed), i take twinlab ultra fuel post-workout for carb replacement, i take vit E and C as well as alpha lipolic acid and NAC post workout for anti-oxidants, i also take Benefiber. I typically consume about 4k cals a day, emphasis on quality protein and complex carbs, of course I get veggies and fruits as well.

My routine varies slightly but basically I do: Mon: chest & tris Tues: upper back & bi's Wed: Shoulders and Calf Thurs: lower back & legs (minus calf) Fri: light chest and anything I feel needs to be hit again (usually arms). Abs are mon wed fri. I do about 20-25 sets a day (minus abs). That's the gist, I use free weights as much as possible and major excercises (dead lifts, flat bench, mil press, squats, etc.) wherever I can.

I'm aware that I can continue to gain weight on this, but that's not what I'm asking. I like the "I found an awesome routine that my body responds to" idea, though. It was in a magazine, hahaha. Good stuff.

Oh and yes, I have had a blood test and everything was good. I'm going to have another before I take any steroids but I've always been in good health, great blood pressure, very low resting heart rate. My hardest thing is going to be giving up drinking, which I plan on doing.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ok, you may be correct. Last time I measured it I was about 4-4.5%, but I seem slightly less, however 3% would be a stretch for sure.
post pics, i call BS. 4 is still crazy low...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
oh wait.... no wonder i hurd:dump:.. lol... thats right Ubi told me you were here too... im up in the AV in lancaster... frickin desert
Lancaster?

You heard :dump: b/c you in a ****hole :lol:

2RIIPPED

Awards
3-4% bf?

Not to call BS, but I really doubt that.

This is 3%:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=75234&d=1071062790

Not really healthy to 'maintain' at for more than a few hours.

In response to 'growing too fast', if anyone asks, just tell them that you started a new routine that you are really responding to and that you are eating like its your job.

X
Its really not that crazy for someone who is a light weight, when I was in high school I was tested at 3% bf. And the ski jumpers that I went to school with had anywhere from 2% to 3% and they were using the most accurate tests. Of course for a 23 year old it would be harder to have that low of BF% but not that long of a shot. When your into bodybuilding a low bf% is definitely much harder to achieve, but when you don't eat anything like this guy sounds its not that tough, theres just no muscle to show for it and it doesn't look that great.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its really not that crazy for someone who is a light weight, when I was in high school I was tested at 3% bf. And the ski jumpers that I went to school with had anywhere from 2% to 3% and they were using the most accurate tests. Of course for a 23 year old it would be harder to have that low of BF% but not that long of a shot. When your into bodybuilding a low bf% is definitely much harder to achieve, but when you don't eat anything like this guy sounds its not that tough, theres just no muscle to show for it and it doesn't look that great.
3% is dangerously low and not attainable for long periods of time. I have met many people that say that I am X% BF and it is usually underestimated. On-stage BBers have 3% BF; if you have ever seen that in person, then you will know how insanely and creepily low that is. Unless you can see the sinew in your intercostals, your BF% is not at 3%.

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
speaking of b/f percentages....

My buddy told me a rumor that to see one's abs (especially the definitive line down the center) that chances are the body fact is less than 9%.

He said he read in a book that if you can see your abs that well... then u can assum eyour B/F is less then or around 9%. Any idea as to whether or not that is true?

I kno it fluctuates.... and i understand that someone who works out abs with heavier weight, will have larger abs.... and can likely be seen easier and more noticably even with a higher B/F percentage.

Thoughts?

(sorry to side track... but we'll then get back on track with the original poster's questions...)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
speaking of b/f percentages....

My buddy told me a rumor that to see one's abs (especially the definitive line down the center) that chances are the body fact is less than 9%.

He said he read in a book that if you can see your abs that well... then u can assum eyour B/F is less then or around 9%. Any idea as to whether or not that is true?

I kno it fluctuates.... and i understand that someone who works out abs with heavier weight, will have larger abs.... and can likely be seen easier and more noticably even with a higher B/F percentage.

Thoughts?

(sorry to side track... but we'll then get back on track with the original poster's questions...)
10% or less is typical of visible abs.
3% is pro BB'ers and as was stated it is creepy, you can see muscles when they chew. It is not a level normal people walk around at.

Here is a great pictorial view of bf%:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=20622431&postcount=226

X

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
Thats GREAT! Gave me a good idea.

One thing i will say is that the change between 12 and 10% seemed a bit drastic... And everybody is built different...

I notice certain aspects of myself are more like 8-9% range... and other aspects are more like 10-12%..... LOL.. So i'm gonna round off to roughy 9-11% for me... ;)

Thanks again, and sorry to cluttering up the thread.

Back to the topic at hand...

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Supps: ON 100% Whey Protein Powder at wake up, post workout, and just before bed, L-Glutamine Supp w/protein powder, Vitamin C 500 3x a day (w/protein powder), UDO's Choice Blend 2-3x a day (essential fatty acids), meal replacement powder 2x a day (EAS Myoplex), i have an excellent multi vit 1x a day, calcium supp 1x a day before bed, i'm on micronized creatine, i also take twinlab ZMA fuel (generaly before bed), i take twinlab ultra fuel post-workout for carb replacement, i take vit E and C as well as alpha lipolic acid and NAC post workout for anti-oxidants, i also take Benefiber. I typically consume about 4k cals a day, emphasis on quality protein and complex carbs, of course I get veggies and fruits as well.

My routine varies slightly but basically I do: Mon: chest & tris Tues: upper back & bi's Wed: Shoulders and Calf Thurs: lower back & legs (minus calf) Fri: light chest and anything I feel needs to be hit again (usually arms). Abs are mon wed fri. I do about 20-25 sets a day (minus abs). That's the gist, I use free weights as much as possible and major excercises (dead lifts, flat bench, mil press, squats, etc.) wherever I can.

I'm aware that I can continue to gain weight on this, but that's not what I'm asking. I like the "I found an awesome routine that my body responds to" idea, though. It was in a magazine, hahaha. Good stuff.

Oh and yes, I have had a blood test and everything was good. I'm going to have another before I take any steroids but I've always been in good health, great blood pressure, very low resting heart rate. My hardest thing is going to be giving up drinking, which I plan on doing.
Heres the problem im seeing. You said your 5'10" 150lbs at 23yrs old. With those stats your body should only be burning a max of around 3000 cals and thats assuming your active like an athlete which not a lot of people are. That means your taking in excess of 1000 cals a day and im willing to bet you didnt place the cals from drinking into that equation. with 1000 extra cals a day if your not gaining muscle you should be gaining fat. Not to mention you said your maintaining a very low bf%. There is no way you could maintain a bf that low with 1000 extra cals a day. Also there are routines that your body will respond to better than others.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
There is no way you could maintain a bf that low with 1000 extra cals a day. Also there are routines that your body will respond to better than others.
Bingo.

The body is "relatively simple".

If CALS IN > CALS OUT then WEIGHT GAIN
If CALS IN < CALS OUT then WEIGHT LOSS
If CALS IN == CALS OUT then MAINTAIN

Although, no two foods are exactly equal...unless they're the same foods :blink:

Andromedus

Awards
Heres the problem im seeing. You said your 5'10" 150lbs at 23yrs old. With those stats your body should only be burning a max of around 3000 cals and thats assuming your active like an athlete which not a lot of people are. That means your taking in excess of 1000 cals a day and im willing to bet you didnt place the cals from drinking into that equation. with 1000 extra cals a day if your not gaining muscle you should be gaining fat. Not to mention you said your maintaining a very low bf%. There is no way you could maintain a bf that low with 1000 extra cals a day. Also there are routines that your body will respond to better than others.
My internet went down since yesterday, so I haven't been able to respond, but I can't say it bothers me much since this topic has gotten completely away from what I was initially asking. To be honest I don't track my cal intake these days as well as I did a couple years ago because the bottom line is just to eat as much as I can. However, 4 k cals a day is not that much. Some people take in far more than that, it is very metabolism dependent. Not everyone's system absorbs calories at the same rate, or excretes their food back out with the same % loss in nutritional content. Additionally, my metabolism is extremely fast. There are many people that have fast metabolisms, but there is a level that is much faster than perhaps what you know of as "fast metabolism" that does exist and that is somewhat rare, which, so they tell me, I happen to have. I'm not going to debate this with you further as it has nothing to do with the intent of this thread. I'll be sure to let everyone here know whether or not the "i started a new routine that I read in a magazine" excuse works or not, if anyone gets suspicious. Have a good one.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
My internet went down since yesterday, so I haven't been able to respond, but I can't say it bothers me much since this topic has gotten completely away from what I was initially asking. To be honest I don't track my cal intake these days as well as I did a couple years ago because the bottom line is just to eat as much as I can. However, 4 k cals a day is not that much. Some people take in far more than that, it is very metabolism dependent. Not everyone's system absorbs calories at the same rate, or excretes their food back out with the same % loss in nutritional content. Additionally, my metabolism is extremely fast. There are many people that have fast metabolisms, but there is a level that is much faster than perhaps what you know of as "fast metabolism" that does exist and that is somewhat rare, which, so they tell me, I happen to have. I'm not going to debate this with you further as it has nothing to do with the intent of this thread. I'll be sure to let everyone here know whether or not the "i started a new routine that I read in a magazine" excuse works or not, if anyone gets suspicious. Have a good one.
4000 cals for small guy like you is a lot. 1000 excess was being generous its probably more like 1300. I would imagine you would have to have hyperthyroidism to be able to burn those kind of calories and still maintain that kind of BF%. If that is the case then your should already know that

2RIIPPED

Awards
3% is dangerously low and not attainable for long periods of time. I have met many people that say that I am X% BF and it is usually underestimated. On-stage BBers have 3% BF; if you have ever seen that in person, then you will know how insanely and creepily low that is. Unless you can see the sinew in your intercostals, your BF% is not at 3%.
Yeah I know it is dangerously low and is pretty wild that ski jumpers are actually that low, but the majority of ski jumpers are bolemic (sp?) and they are tested in a tank of water which is the most accurate way to read bf%, so I'm not making this up when I say 3%.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
if you are burning kal that quick you might have an over active thyroid gland just a thought, gaining too fast i all ways say good nutrition and advanced training that works most of the time if not i say im using creatine and a test booster, a few years ago my bf was under 5 % it was hard to increase but now its a healthy 12.

If you experience fatigue, anxiety, palpitations, sweating, weight loss, diarrhea and intolerance of the heat, check with your doctor because you may have a problem with your thyroid gland.

Thyroid gland tests --- HealthandAge

Last edited: