Deca pre-contest?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I want to run a 15-16 week test enanthate cycle and i also have 30cc of deca at 200mg/ml

I've never used deca before, so how bad of an idea would it be to use this and stay shredded?

15 weeks at 400mg
or 14 weeks at 425mg

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
everyone is different deca didn't bloat me at all but thats me i have heard alot of people say the oppisite

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i saw an article by dave palumbo and he advocated the use of deca precotest to help with joints using dry compounds like winstrol but i think he said a good dose would be 300mg/wk

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
yea i've heard that too..I really want to try it unless i can grab some eq before i'm ready to start

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Tom, I'm not really familiar with using Deca precontest, I'd just recomend stopping all long esters 3 weeks out.

...but what contest are you planning on entering? Is it something your agent is putting you up to?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Tom, I'm not really familiar with using Deca precontest, I'd just recomend stopping all long esters 3 weeks out.

...but what contest are you planning on entering? Is it something your agent is putting you up to?
heh no i just said pre-contest so that I didn't have to explain really, but it's basically the same thing...more photo shoots for fitness magazines.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Makes sense...my old agents always used to want me to have a "bigger chest" and "better abs"...he did mention doing a contest or two for the exposure but it wasn't until after I left the agency that I became really interested in competing...

...Theres a big difference in the two though. Basically the emphasis on certain body parts vs. the body as a whole...

Best of luck...which mags are you shooting for?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Makes sense...my old agents always used to want me to have a "bigger chest" and "better abs"...he did mention doing a contest or two for the exposure but it wasn't until after I left the agency that I became really interested in competing...

...Theres a big difference in the two though. Basically the emphasis on certain body parts vs. the body as a whole...

Best of luck...which mags are you shooting for?
he submits cd's of photos to several publishers..but it looks like i'll be starting with men's exercise

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That seems like a normal/good place to start.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
That seems like a normal/good place to start.
yea i hope so...the pay for fitness modeling is pretty much the lowest, but the credibility it will give me with a career in health and exercise will be well worth it

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yea...make sure you put away 25 cents of every dollar you make...

And keep all of your gym due reciepts/records, hair cut reciepts, tanning receipts, supplement reciepts, etc...anything that goes into how you look.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
it's tough to say if u should use the deca bc you don't know how u'll respond to it...but from what I've been told u should be fine...i've also seen ppl use anadrol precontest to blunt appetite and keep strength

i don't think its anything a low sodium diet and a diuretic wont fix if u bloat a bit from the deca

here is a Q&A with Dave Palumbo

"The Ultimate Precontest Stack for a Competitive Bodybuilder

Dave, what is the ultimate "STACK" for a precontest, dieting, bodybuilder? Please include dosages.

Given the current available anabolics (and starting from a point at around 8-10 weeks out), I would have to say that the following would be an ideal anabolic combination:

1000mg Sustanon per week (necessary to maintain base of muscle mass)
200mg Primobolan per week (great on low calorie diets)
50mg Winstrol every other day (hardening agent)
400mg Deca per week (keeps the joints feeling good)
50mg Anadrol per day (keeps the strength elevated, meanwhile, the hunger-blunting effect is welcome)
2-4 IU GH per day (fat burner and muscle preserver)
2-4 clenbuterol per day (fat burner and strength increaser)"

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
it's tough to say if u should use the deca bc you don't know how u'll respond to it...but from what I've been told u should be fine...i've also seen ppl use anadrol precontest to blunt appetite and keep strength

i don't think its anything a low sodium diet and a diuretic wont fix if u bloat a bit from the deca

here is a Q&A with Dave Palumbo

"The Ultimate Precontest Stack for a Competitive Bodybuilder

Dave, what is the ultimate "STACK" for a precontest, dieting, bodybuilder? Please include dosages.

Given the current available anabolics (and starting from a point at around 8-10 weeks out), I would have to say that the following would be an ideal anabolic combination:

1000mg Sustanon per week (necessary to maintain base of muscle mass)
200mg Primobolan per week (great on low calorie diets)
50mg Winstrol every other day (hardening agent)
400mg Deca per week (keeps the joints feeling good)
50mg Anadrol per day (keeps the strength elevated, meanwhile, the hunger-blunting effect is welcome)
2-4 IU GH per day (fat burner and muscle preserver)
2-4 clenbuterol per day (fat burner and strength increaser)"
good post. i don't know if i agree with strength increaser from clen. primo seems to never be used...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Primo is such a light roid...it does have it's benefits though.

...Pistonpump was planning on using it a while back, I'm not sure if he ever did though.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible that test-e, or test-prop, or EQ blunts appetite? Because I'm never hungry anymore... which is a good thing on this cutting cycle.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible that test-e, or test-prop, or EQ blunts appetite? Because I'm never hungry anymore... which is a good thing on this cutting cycle.
Ummm, those are pretty notorious for increasing appetite. Or atleast keeping it steady.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You should only be feel the prop then...