Am I ready?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%

Am I ready?

I am contemplating doing a pulse of superdrol in the very near future. I feel that I am ready, but never having done any anabolic steroids before I’d like some opinions as to whether or not I am ready.

I’ve been training steadily since Mar of ’04, starting at home then graduating to the gym in Dec '04. Initially I made some decent newbie gains considering I started at age 38, but I am a true ectomorph, so I haven’t been able to add much muscle mass, however I can gain weight easily enough. I am not the most hardcore guy in the gym, but I train hard and my routine varies on a regular basis.

Since I began training I’ve lost a fair amount of fat, going from 210lbs and over 20% bf down to 185lbs approx 12% bf. Until I hit my 30’s I was very slim. I’ve never had an abundance of muscle – I’ve always felt I was weak for my size (6’ 2.5”). When I did my last fitness test at my gym the kiniseologist told me my lean mass was 15lbs shy of where it should be.

My diet is good. I eat very little processed food, don’t drink much alcohol or caffeinated beverages. About the worst thing in my diet is dark chocolate – I eat 1 to 2 oz per day. I also like to indulge myself with a Starbucks hot chocolate (1/2 sweet, non-fat, no whip) once or twice a week. Outside of this my diet consists of plenty of fresh veggies and fruits, lean meat, eggs, fish, poultry, ff cheese, non-fat milk, lf yogurt, all types of nuts, dates, raisins. I eat very little grains – a protein pancake breakfast once a week (made with buckwheat flour), the occasional sandwich on ww sprouted grain bread and every once in while I’ll have tacos made with shredded lean round roast on ww wraps. I don’t count calories, nor do I keep a journal.

For my PWO I’ve always used whey and dextrose/maltodextrin mix and lately I’ve been using a dextrose/malto/wms mix for PWO carbs. I've also always used BCAAs and lately I have increased the amount and added extra leucine.

I feel that I have done a good job of providing optimal conditions for gaining mass, but have become frustrated at my inability to do so, so now I am looking for a little help in that area. I have tried various supplement regimens but those only helped for a little while. Initially I tried ZMA/Trib/Liver pill, which worked well for about 4 weeks, then tried creatine, which doesn’t do anything for me. I have also tried Stinging Nettle Root and more recently I’ve been taking NAC which seems to help with focus and drive.

When I started my long term goal was to get to 220lbs and 10% bf, but I’d be happy to get 10 or 15lbs more lean mass.

I’m also unsure of what I would need in the way of post cycle therapy for a pulse of SD. On hand I have Rebound XT, Retain, Milk Thistle, CoQ10. I am planning on getting some RYR or possibly Niacin for cholesterol support/control. I may also run MassFX together with the SD.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.21%

Well, only you can know if you're ready.

If you feel like your diet and workout plans have maximized your gains, then you're ready.

If you feel like you could still make gains doing what you're doing now, don't change anything.

What's your bench/squat/deadlift? Those numbers can help tell how far progressed you are.
  3. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    I am contemplating doing a pulse of superdrol in the very near future. I feel that I am ready, but never having done any anabolic steroids before Iíd like some opinions as to whether or not I am ready.

Iíve been training steadily since Mar of í04, starting at home then graduating to the gym in Dec '04. Initially I made some decent newbie gains considering I started at age 38, but I am a true ectomorph, so I havenít been able to add much muscle mass, however I can gain weight easily enough. I am not the most hardcore guy in the gym, but I train hard and my routine varies on a regular basis.

Since I began training Iíve lost a fair amount of fat, going from 210lbs and over 20% bf down to 185lbs approx 12% bf. Until I hit my 30ís I was very slim. Iíve never had an abundance of muscle Ė Iíve always felt I was weak for my size (6í 2.5Ē). When I did my last fitness test at my gym the kiniseologist told me my lean mass was 15lbs shy of where it should be.

My diet is good. I eat very little processed food, donít drink much alcohol or caffeinated beverages. About the worst thing in my diet is dark chocolate Ė I eat 1 to 2 oz per day. I also like to indulge myself with a Starbucks hot chocolate (1/2 sweet, non-fat, no whip) once or twice a week. Outside of this my diet consists of plenty of fresh veggies and fruits, lean meat, eggs, fish, poultry, ff cheese, non-fat milk, lf yogurt, all types of nuts, dates, raisins. I eat very little grains Ė a protein pancake breakfast once a week (made with buckwheat flour), the occasional sandwich on ww sprouted grain bread and every once in while Iíll have tacos made with shredded lean round roast on ww wraps. I donít count calories, nor do I keep a journal.

For my PWO Iíve always used whey and dextrose/maltodextrin mix and lately Iíve been using a dextrose/malto/wms mix for PWO carbs. I've also always used BCAAs and lately I have increased the amount and added extra leucine.

I feel that I have done a good job of providing optimal conditions for gaining mass, but have become frustrated at my inability to do so, so now I am looking for a little help in that area. I have tried various supplement regimens but those only helped for a little while. Initially I tried ZMA/Trib/Liver pill, which worked well for about 4 weeks, then tried creatine, which doesnít do anything for me. I have also tried Stinging Nettle Root and more recently Iíve been taking NAC which seems to help with focus and drive.

When I started my long term goal was to get to 220lbs and 10% bf, but Iíd be happy to get 10 or 15lbs more lean mass.

Iím also unsure of what I would need in the way of post cycle therapy for a pulse of superdrol. On hand I have Rebound XT, Retain, Milk Thistle, CoQ10. I am planning on getting some RYR or possibly Niacin for cholesterol support/control. I may also run MassFX together with the SD.
    save the massfx for post cycle...pointless to run with sd......support supps look good.....if you do pulse it take only on workout days preworkout,max 3 times a week at 20-30mg per dose....off days you can take a small dose of retain,or dhea.....and 1 rxt.....if you stay to 3 times a week you really shouldn't get shutdown...
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamara View Post
    Well, only you can know if you're ready.

If you feel like your diet and workout plans have maximized your gains, then you're ready.

If you feel like you could still make gains doing what you're doing now, don't change anything.

What's your bench/squat/deadlift? Those numbers can help tell how far progressed you are.
    I haven't maxed out on anything ever, but the best I've done is bench: 185 x 2, squat: 225 x 4 to parallel and 185 x 5 atg, deadlift: 275 x 8
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

do not use rebound xt. do you know how atd interracts with the androgen receptor? yea, no one else seems to know either.
  6. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    do not use rebound xt. do you know how atd interracts with the androgen receptor? yea, no one else seems to know either.
    really....any data on that......thats new info...
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%

What would you suggest? Nolvedex XT? or a SERM like Tamoxifen?
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

absolutely a serm.

check out toremifene, it is a new SERM and probably your best option.

you cannot use just an AI for post cycle therapy. you must use a serm. if you cant find toremifene, tamoxifen citrate (nolva) is fine
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    really....any data on that......thats new info...
    The aromatization hypothesis asserts that testosterone (T) must be aromatized to estradiol (E2) to activate copulatory behavior in the male rat. In support of this hypothesis, the aromatization inhibitor, ATD, has been found to suppress male sexual behavior in T-treated rats. In our experiment, we first replicated this finding by peripherally injecting ATD (15 mg/day) or propylene glycol into T-treated (two 10-mm Silastic capsules) or control castrated male rats. In a second experiment, we bilaterally implanted either ATD-filled or blank cannulae into the medial preoptic area (MPOA) of either T-treated or control castrated male rats. With this more local distribution of ATD, a lesser decline in sexual behavior was found, suggesting that other brain areas are involved in the neurohormonal activation of copulatory behavior in the male rat. To determine whether in vivo ATD interacts with androgen or estrogen receptors, we conducted cell nuclear androgen and estrogen receptor binding assays of hypothalamus, preoptic area, amygdala, and septum following treatment with the combinations of systemic T alone. ATD plus T, ATD alone, and blank control. In all four brain areas binding of T to androgen receptors was significantly decreased in the presence of ATD, suggesting that ATD may act both as an androgen receptor blocker and as an aromatization inhibitor. Competitive binding studies indicated that ATD competes in vitro for cytosol androgen receptors, thus substantiating the in vivo antiandrogenic effects of ATD. Cell nuclear estrogen receptor binding was not significantly increased by exposure to T in the physiological range. No agonistic properties of ATD were observed either behaviorally or biochemically. Thus, an alternative explanation for the inhibitory effects of ATD on male sexual behavior is that ATD prevents T from binding to androgen receptors.

anyone still want to use ATD for PCT? ok
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

in fact, i might just go ahead and make a new thread with that excerpt, i havent found that one before
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Theres some pretty promising research going on right now in using 6-oxo extreme or a trione / resveratrol mix as a SERM. It would be nice if that really pans out as it is OTC stuff that way.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%

absolutely a serm.

you cannot use just an AI for post cycle therapy. you must use a serm. if you cant find toremifene, tamoxifen citrate (nolva) is fine
    I was hoping that with a pulse I could get away with just using an AI. Thanks for the heads up.
  13. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%

The aromatization hypothesis asserts that testosterone (T) must be aromatized to estradiol (E2) to activate copulatory behavior in the male rat. In support of this hypothesis, the aromatization inhibitor, ATD, has been found to suppress male sexual behavior in T-treated rats. In our experiment, we first replicated this finding by peripherally injecting ATD (15 mg/day) or propylene glycol into T-treated (two 10-mm Silastic capsules) or control castrated male rats. In a second experiment, we bilaterally implanted either ATD-filled or blank cannulae into the medial preoptic area (MPOA) of either T-treated or control castrated male rats. With this more local distribution of ATD, a lesser decline in sexual behavior was found, suggesting that other brain areas are involved in the neurohormonal activation of copulatory behavior in the male rat. To determine whether in vivo ATD interacts with androgen or estrogen receptors, we conducted cell nuclear androgen and estrogen receptor binding assays of hypothalamus, preoptic area, amygdala, and septum following treatment with the combinations of systemic T alone. ATD plus T, ATD alone, and blank control. In all four brain areas binding of T to androgen receptors was significantly decreased in the presence of ATD, suggesting that ATD may act both as an androgen receptor blocker and as an aromatization inhibitor. Competitive binding studies indicated that ATD competes in vitro for cytosol androgen receptors, thus substantiating the in vivo antiandrogenic effects of ATD. Cell nuclear estrogen receptor binding was not significantly increased by exposure to T in the physiological range. No agonistic properties of ATD were observed either behaviorally or biochemically. Thus, an alternative explanation for the inhibitory effects of ATD on male sexual behavior is that ATD prevents T from binding to androgen receptors.

anyone still want to use ATD for post cycle therapy? ok
    awsome find jomi salami...............
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    I was hoping that with a pulse I could get away with just using an AI. Thanks for the heads up.
    There are plenty of people who successfully have done pulses with just an AI, but it is an individual's choice. There are a fair number (not tons, but a handful if you search a bunch of boards) of before and after pulse bloodwork, and the numbers are within reasonable fluctuation range of each other on test. Still doesn't mean much really.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    There are plenty of people who successfully have done pulses with just an AI, but it is an individual's choice. There are a fair number (not tons, but a handful if you search a bunch of boards) of before and after pulse bloodwork, and the numbers are within reasonable fluctuation range of each other on test. Still doesn't mean much really.
    Thanks. I've read the guide to PCT and I am inclined to agree that a SERM is the way to go, it's just that it's gonna be a pain to source one, 'cause I doubt my doc will write a script for it, but I'm going to ask anyway.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%

absolutely a serm.

I found some toremifene - I am assuming it comes in 5mg doses. There's no dosage info on the site - my options for ordering are 50mg or 500mg. Will 50mg be enough or should I opt for more?

from the site:
    Chemical Name: Toremifene Citrate
    Synonym: 2-[4-[(1Z)-4-Chloro-1,2-diphenyl-1-butenyl]phenoxy]-N,N-dimethylethanamine
    Mol. Formula: C32H36ClNO8
    Mol. Weight: 598.08
    Melting Point: 108-110įC
    Boiling Point:
    Solubility: DMSO, Methanol
    Appearance: White-to-Off-White Solid
    Application Notes:
    An antiestrogen and antineoplastic. Nonsteroidal antiestrogen structurally similar to tamoxifen.
    References:
    Kallio, S., et al.: Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol., 17, 103 (1986), Valavaara, R., et al.: Eur. J. Cancer Clin. Oncol., 24, 785 (1988),
  17. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

??? you are not on the right type of website.

look for toremifene citrate in 30-60ml bottles with a dropper. 60-90mg/ml

Similar Forum Threads

1. About to start my SDROL cycle, am i ready?
    By pmoney99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 07:03 AM
  2. First Injectable cycle... am I ready?
    By Rumpnuts in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
  3. Am I ready?
    By szeleale in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
  4. First Post: Am I ready for a cycle?
    By celc5 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 09:36 PM
  5. Am I Ready For SuperDrol?