Substances banned in the Military

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
Attached is a Memorandum listing "Substances Prohibited for Injestion by Soldiers".

I was digging around to find out if Epistane was considered a banned substance in accordance with military law.

Come to find out that the military law (kinda like federal law) is (thankfully) a BIT behind the times.

So for those of you in the military, if you check out this list and make sure you're using something OTHER than what's on this list you have NOTHING to worry about!

Cycle safe!

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
...you may have to safe the image and "zoom-in" in order to see it. It came out kinda small.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
so just for arugements sake

taking 1,4ad bold which converts to boldeone something. technically shows up red flag. or traces would be soo low it wouldnt matter?

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
so just for arugements sake

taking 1,4ad bold which converts to boldeone something. technically shows up red flag. or traces would be soo low it wouldnt matter?
I'm not sure. I think you'd have a good argument though....say they DO test you for steroids (which is NEVER standard in a piss test) and you DO come up 'hot' for boldeone, I would show my command the bottle along with this list. It'll show that you did not intentionally take any banned substance.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
But then again....if it were ME, I'd find a supplement that converts into something safe. Better safe than sorry.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're not going to be tested for steroids in the military unless you've been busted for them already but there's a difference between the banned substances(federal) and the above document which seems to be a unit/post regulation based off of the already controlled substances.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Definitely appears to be a unit level guide line. I'm rather surprised they were able to get such a comprehensive list. Someone must be pretty familiar with these substances. I find it kind of odd that they are trying to imply that epistane is covered under the 2004 steroid control act, which is patently false. This inconsistency should make this guideline suspect in its authority.

I can't see how you could get punished for using an over the counter product off the shelf that isn't even a controlled substance.

One word "bluff", they hope they can scare people into complying with something they have no way to enforce.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
Definitely appears to be a unit level guide line. I'm rather surprised they were able to get such a comprehensive list. Someone must be pretty familiar with these substances. I find it kind of odd that they are trying to imply that epistane is covered under the 2004 steroid control act, which is patently false. This inconsistency should make this guideline suspect in its authority.

I can't see how you could get punished for using an over the counter product off the shelf that isn't even a controlled substance.

One word "bluff", they hope they can scare people into complying with something they have no way to enforce.
I don't see Epistane on the list...in fact I posted a question about Epistane (RE urinalysis) under the IBE forums and DR. D is pretty emphatic that it's undetectable. Check out his response:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/ibe-technology/72412-epistane-urinalysis.html#post940714

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
sorry misread your post

I didn't see it either, but figured I was missing something

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i've had dozens of piss/blood test for the goverment and there was only one time that a "red" flag came about - luckily the steriod that i was taking was prescribed BY the goverment - other than that, they never run test on this things unless they're trying to make a point, or satisfy paperwork to archive

only time that the goverment went all out testing for any "controlled" substance is when i had a MMA fight in Hawaii -

FLSUCIO

Awards
Yea,,,, Just to add something here......... I am in the military, and i am also a person that does the piss testing for the unit... the panels they test for dont include steroids, yea the command might try to scare you and say yes, but in all reallity, i have seen way to many juiced buddies and buddies on things from andro, to superdrol, to etc etc etc..... dont sweat it.... ESPECIALLLY if you are deployed ;) 8/10 service members that do take supps are on some sort of test booster or straight up designer steroid... TRUST ME...... this is my 4th deployment and you litteraly see people in the gym that dont even try to down play how damn big they are getting ;) ;)

HARDHITTER00

HARDHITTER00

Awards
Since we are on substances banned, what about some of the SERM's like Fareston (Torem). Can these show up on your basic military drug test?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Unless they do a full panel, no

They NEVER do a full panel unless your PCP DR gives the order - which is rare

Since we are on substances banned, what about some of the SERM's like Fareston (Torem). Can these show up on your basic military drug test?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I in the military AND on TRT and have never had issues. I have taken a p*** test on just about every designer out there and I have been fine.

theshaman

theshaman

Awards
  • Established
at first i was nervous when i was taking phera plex, got a piss test and did nolva for post cycle therapy, then i realized how rare and how difficult it is to be tested for aas. theres a pretty big paper trail. so unless you blow up 30lbs in a month, you prolly aint gonna get tested. and truthfully the people on my base really could care less as long as you arent causing problems.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
my lifting partner has 18 years in the service... 6 ft even and weighs 255. a strong competitor. even though his nickname is roid he has never been tested in that 18 years.... really unless you f up somehow its not an issue

manofwar1981

Awards
Little help here

Ok, so I cant really understand all these names

Can someone tell me if

Sostonal 250 by IDS
Bulk Tabs by IDS
or Mehtandrol 50 by webber are in anyway on this list?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Matt

manofwar1981

Awards
system

also if they are banned which compoiunds?

and how long would it take before this stuff is out of my system?

What about 6 Oxo PCT?

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
Ok, so I cant really understand all these names

Can someone tell me if

Sostonal 250 by IDS
Bulk Tabs by IDS
or Mehtandrol 50 by webber are in anyway on this list?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Matt
Do a google search for that substance and it will tell you what is in it. Compare that to this list....most likely it does not have anything banned.

But you REALLY want to do some more reasearch before you start taking these things...especially if you're considering a 6 OXO only PCT.

manofwar1981

Awards
Help

I did the search,

The problem is I dont understand the compounds. B is beta I guess?

Methandrol has somehting in it that looks similar to one on that list, but I dont know if thats a match or if it has to be exact, so what I was hoping for is someone to look at the list and the compounds and just say yes or no? Someone smarter then me I guess.

Thanks

And the PCT isnt only 6 Oxo, Im just looking over things people are taking and wondering whats really ok and not ok.

Matt

HARDHITTER00

HARDHITTER00

Awards
I did the search,

The problem is I dont understand the compounds. B is beta I guess?

Methandrol has somehting in it that looks similar to one on that list, but I dont know if thats a match or if it has to be exact, so what I was hoping for is someone to look at the list and the compounds and just say yes or no? Someone smarter then me I guess.

Thanks

And the post cycle therapy isnt only 6 Oxo, Im just looking over things people are taking and wondering whats really ok and not ok.

Matt
If it's not an exact match, than the military really don't have much to go off. There are a lot of compounds that look close to the banned ones but it's that one or two inside that makes the whole compound different (legal) If you turn up positive, show them the bottle with the ingredients on the label.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
If it's not an exact match, than the military really don't have much to go off. There are a lot of compounds that look close to the banned ones but it's that one or two inside that makes the whole compound different (legal) If you turn up positive, show them the bottle with the ingredients on the label.
Right...you'll be fine. I ran some epistane recently and had a piss test (I'm Army). Epistane is not on that list and therefor is not banned. Even if you find something CLOSE to what's on that list...if it's not an exact match than it's not banned. Period.

Those products have like three or more different substances mixed together. I think you should just pick one (something mild as far as sides...like a halodrol-50 clone or epistane) and run a SERM for PCT. You can PM me and I'll help you out some more.

Which branch are you?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I want to know if MAOB inhibitors or and of the "smart drugs" will show up on a piss test?

mildot

Awards
I will add something. While I was in guard we had people get steriods test on basis they were big or grew "more than average". I know someone who told me they failed a test from a tren product. . . The results were not good for him.

BIGBOI5050

Awards
I am in the military. After my last urine analysis, I asked the cilivlian contracted worker to see the specific list of banned substances. I was told the controlled substance act of 2004 is the official list for all military unless your command specifies more stict guidlines, although that list has been updated to include more PH's. As far as people claiming that they dont test for steroids, they are wrong. The random "normal" test you recieve tests for 5 compounds, effectively narrowing what you can get away with. A commander directed test (under suspicion of abuse) tests for literally everyting. Your piss will even be dry frooze, before its shipped, giving the possiblity to test for even GH. That being said, most people get away with taking different gear because tests are normally batch tested. This means unless the metabolite they are testing for in your urine is high enough to throw roughly 20 people's levels out of tolerance, there will be no red flags.

That being said if you wanna run real gear, test susp is your only choice if you want to have a low risk off popping positive in my opinion. But still too risky for me. I have been on the constant hunt for a good product that will not get flagged but have not yet been enlightened.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I have been told by two different Master at arms that The military does not test for steroids unless they have probably cause. ie. someone finds vials, or bottles of illegal steroids on you, or in your posession and they order a test for you. its expensive, and takes time. I have been tested while I was taking Methyl 1 TEST, SD, and others. after 2004 too. In my opinion the military wants big powerful fit athletes. They need people like us. I dont think they want to know as long as no one is raging on the ship and hurts someone, or something crazy like that. Its not a problem if you ask me. The more guys sit there and obsess about it the bigger the chance the military might start to care more thinking there is a problem. I say we just leave this alone.

BIGBOI5050

Awards
I hear you brother, I just get paranoid. My career means alot to me, and I hate stressing over these things. M1T and your were clean? I like the sound of that. I don"t see the big deal. Dosed properly it is no where near as bad as drinkin alchohol at the levels most military do, but that is allowed. Ima take your advice and just let it go, but I wish there were a supp that had the best of both worlds and allowed for my paranoid self to rest assured knowing I am not breaking any rules

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You will NOT be tested for juice in a standard military test. They only test for the SAMHSA-5.

Juice tests are severely expensive and you have to have a general idea of what metabolites you are testing for since all the tests are different. Only your commander can order a juice panel.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, be it known that many OTC hormones are not specifically on a list in the military guidance, there are plenty of catch all clauses in military guidance that if they wanted to bust you down, they will. In a court marshall all they would have to do is prove you were knowingly taking an anabolic, in front of a panel of your peers.

But, your chances of ever being caught, and if caught, the chances that the person would care is nil.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, be it known that many OTC hormones are not specifically on a list in the military guidance, there are plenty of catch all clauses in military guidance that if they wanted to bust you down, they will. In a court marshall all they would have to do is prove you were knowingly taking an anabolic, in front of a panel of your peers.

But, your chances of ever being caught, and if caught, the chances that the person would care is nil.
I always wondered that about OTC hormones cause i'm in the Guard and dang do we get piss tested alot. Ever since i have enlisted i have steered away from pro hormones just cause of all the random piss testing that goes on.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
If your in the military or police i think you should be able to run aas/ph's that are banned. If i was out there id want the upper hand in war / combat. And im sure most of you agree you would rather have some strong guys around you in battle then some skinny or fat kids.

BIGBOI5050

Awards
Good info DAdams..If I were the average military person, I would not worry. But I have been all naturall for the past 7 years and get accused (even though its probablly just people joking) of juice all the time. I used to train with someone who is on there way to there pro card and even though I am by no means equal to him I get associated with him. Also I am one of the more built personel in my squadron, so It would not surprise me if I ever got hit for a comander directed test as my training partner was several times.

I know this is not the most accurate thread to ask this, but I will anyway and appologize ahead of time for it.

IBE epistane. Is it still legal? I hear it was added to the control list of 2004 in an ammendment. and if it is legal will it produce a metabolyte that would fail a steroid test, and if so what would be the detection time. Also is there any good choices for PCT therapy from an epistane cycle that would also not produce a positive result of a steroid urine test?...I would greatly appreciate if you could answer these questions..thank you

BIGBOI5050

Awards
I found this interesting forum @ modernfitnessforum.com/prohormones-designer-steroids/944-havoc-epistane-smartasses.html

most accurate description I have found yet..So basically if i get a comander directed I would be f*cked....Also I cannot find the newest list of banned prohormones, I herd phera is on it and all realated compounds but yet I herd epistane is not....Funny how this article almost proves havoc is better than epistane