AAS inducing food allergies?

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

AAS inducing food allergies?

Do you guys ever notice when cycling AS you become more (so to speak) lactose intolerant? Doesn't even have to be primarily that but any food allergy that becomes apparentto you when on a cycle?

I ask because I typically drink a 3/4-1 gallon of skim milk a day. I'm always able to deal pretty well with it when I'm not saucin it up. Digestive wise, physique wise, etc.. When on I feel the common symptoms associatted with LI sufferers. Bloats me up, takes ULTRA-long time to totally digest. Normally I can drink a gal or so split up with my meals every 3 hours, no build-up, now def build-up.

What about everyone else, exp LI symptoms, or any other food allergy symptoms while on?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%

bump bump
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

More of a protein/whey overload in my case. My milk intake doesn't change but my over all protein (powder, eggs etc) increases and causes me digestive issues. So in my case it isn't the 'cycle' that does it but my eating while on cycle that does.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%

Yeah, know what ya mean. With myself, I don't even get the chance to increase anything, I'll actually have to DE-crease milk and protein but still keep gaining?? I still try to make up for loss of powder and milk by eating more chicken/steak, etc. but that at times still binds me up. Never understood it. Sometimes I actually can't wait to go off so I can have a better time digesting my food... crazy, I know.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.29%

For what it is worth, Lactose Intolerance is not a food allergy but a lack/low levels of an enzyme (lactase). Considering that humans are pretty much the only animal that continues to drink milk post-weaning it is not too suprising. Food allergy are an immunological response to a protein.

Nevertheless, I also have GI issues when "on". Possibly due to bile flow, inflammation response, or altered motility.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%

Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    For what it is worth, Lactose Intolerance is not a food allergy but a lack/low levels of an enzyme (lactase). Considering that humans are pretty much the only animal that continues to drink milk post-weaning it is not too suprising. Food allergy are an immunological response to a protein.
    I have some lactaid brand lactase enzyme pills, might be a little expired though, I think I'll try and use them. *Runs to go eat some*

Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Nevertheless, I also have GI issues when "on". Possibly due to bile flow, inflammation response, or altered motility.
    Would you mind expanding some more on this? Id appreciate it. And is there anything else that I can take (otc) or do to help my situation more?
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.29%

Quote Originally Posted by lifted View Post
    Would you mind expanding some more on this? Id appreciate it. And is there anything else that I can take (otc) or do to help my situation more?
    Anabolic steroids inhibit the effects of glucocorticoid which can lead to higher risk of inflammation. They also decrease immune response by reducing the amount of immune globulin A, G, and M in the blood.

They effect bile flow, cholestasis is a common symptom which can alter digestion and cause malabsorption.

As for OTC, I personally like Pro-Liver from Primaforce. It appears to improve any GI disturbances I get from oral AAS. Stool has an odd smell to it but I do have good formed BM's while taking.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%

Thanks, I didn't know that specific info about it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Food Allergy: A Cause of Acne..
    By acneskin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
  2. Food Allergies?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 11:26 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 12:41 AM
  4. Dr. John Please Help! AAS Induced Issues...
    By Neednewballs in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM
  5. AAS induced injuries...
    By lifted in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:29 AM