how toxic are orals compared to other drugs

thewrx

Awards
I have question about the toxicity of oral steroids. How would you compare a 6 week cycle to alcohol or acetaminophen? If some one drinks 2-3 shots of whiskey ed would that be comparable to taking a 50mg tab of winny ed.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
To my knowledge, there hasn't been a study that got that in depth. The thing is, they both are hard on your liver, if you choose to do a cycle with an oral compound (or any compound for that matter) be smart and don't drink. Why hinder your gains just to get smashed? Stacking an oral on top of alcohol will just be that much worse on your liver.

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
I have question about the toxicity of oral steroids. How would you compare a 6 week cycle to alcohol or acetaminophen? If some one drinks 2-3 shots of whiskey ed would that be comparable to taking a 50mg tab of winny ed.
Will you cycle whiskey or acetaminophen? ;)

Ok, thats absolutely subjetive but under my point of view 6 week of winny oral will be harder than 2 shots of whiskey every day..not sure about acetaminophen but I think the body is quite more adaptative to alcohol than to winstrol or another oral steroid... Just my opinion. BTW I have only drink few times in my life but experience suggest me it. Of course water intake and other protective supplements would help but not so much as people think...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
If anything, I would compare it too binge drinking til you throw up, everynight...

Compare an alcoholics bloodwork with someone on cycle...they should be pretty close (I just don't know where to find an alcoholics bloodwork)

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
take 13 winstrols in a day and you'll live, take 13 aspirins in a day and... I promise not to hit on your gf and your funeral.

thewrx

Awards
I'm not trying to see if you can drink on a cycle. I was really wanting to know if 50mg of winny = increase liver enzyme values to X compared to say alcohol = increased liver enzyme values to X. There must be studies that show how toxic oral tablets are to your liver. Anyone point me to some possible references.

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
I'm not trying to see if you can drink on a cycle. I was really wanting to know if 50mg of winny = increase liver enzyme values to X compared to say alcohol = increased liver enzyme values to X. There must be studies that show how toxic oral tablets are to your liver. Anyone point me to some possible references.
I guess you should search for people bloodwork...

thewrx

Awards
take 13 winstrols in a day and you'll live, take 13 aspirins in a day and... I promise not to hit on your gf and your funeral.
Actually aspirin is considered lethal at 500mg per 1 kg (2.2lbs). So a 150lb person would have to take more than 100 325mg tabs to even be in leathal territory.:fool2:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually aspirin is considered lethal at 500mg per 1 kg (2.2lbs). So a 150lb person would have to take more than 100 325mg tabs to even be in leathal territory.:fool2:
he was probably thinking of tylenol. Overdose it and kiss the liver goodbye.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I searched real quick because I'm bored.lol A lethal dose of tylenol is 20gs accute. But using more than 3gs ed requires liver test.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
three Grams of tylenol daily is a lot, I read a study inwhich they were doing liver studies with vicodin (acetaminophen/hydrocodone) and everyone assumed that it was the hydrocodone that was causing liver issues, but the group taking only acetaminophen (<3g/day) had similar issues to the vicodin group and very different results from the contol placebo group

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i think everyone is different. my uncle is an alcoholic and been drinking for 40 years. he got his liver checked out the doctor told him to keep doind what he is doing. i had my panel checked while on the second week on anadrol and my doctor said i my liver enzyme level was fine but my red blood cell count was a little high. so i think it differs from person to person

BIGAINS

Awards
Your liver shouldn't be the biggest concern with oral steroid use, the liver is very resilient. My liver values were within the normal range on M1T, I thought they would be screwed. The biggest health problem from orals is what they do to a person's lipid profile. Having HDL in the single digits is realy ****ed up. I will no longer use orals.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think everyone is different. my uncle is an alcoholic and been drinking for 40 years. he got his liver checked out the doctor told him to keep doind what he is doing. i had my panel checked while on the second week on anadrol and my doctor said i my liver enzyme level was fine but my red blood cell count was a little high. so i think it differs from person to person
Your red blood cell count was high because that is what it was used for. It was used to treat anemia so the anadrol was doing exactley what it was supposed to. Good for you though because at least you know you got the real deal.lol