Phera-Plex, first cycle?

Serge

Awards
Hi, bros. My first post here.

Not sure if it was discussed somewhere. Either way, bette safe...
So I was wondering if I should stack it with something and take something for recovery?

Anything else I should know?

Oh yeah, I'm 23. Seem to have trouble gaining muscle. So far I've been doing weights seriously for 2 years, and I've gaind nada. Even had a trainer for some time. I've been 160 in 2005 as of now I'm 160. I know I have my protein and carbs. Too much cardio maybe, dunno. I think I've alway been ectomprphish.

Thanks.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you haven't gained a pound in 2 years phera won't help much. You will gain a few lbs but will end up at 160 again as soon as you stop taking it. You need more calories. If your eating 5,000 try 5,500. It doesn't even matter if your eating 8,000 because if your not gaining its not enough. You should post your diet up and people will be able to help you out better.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how tall are you , whats your diet like?

Serge

Awards
Yeah, sorry, I'm 5'11".

Well, for breakfast I have some rice, some sugars and a protein shake. For lunch usually a can of tuna, some salad and potatos. And for dinner some fish/shrimp and some other carbs. I think I take in a lot of calories; my breakfast is about 600 cal, lunch around 1300. And dinner is about 1300. I wouldn't mind eating more, but I'm pretty full most of the day. Throw in some snaks too. I don't really eat right before sleep because end up awake till 3 am.

If cardio is relevant I swim about 3 times a week and bike almost every day for about 40 min. And if sleep is relevant I wake up about every 3 hours; just the way I sleep.

Say food is the issue, will try eating some more. :)

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
bro you are not ready for AAS.

You are nowhere near your potential, 5'11 160 is just starting out really. You only eat 3 meals a day, you need 5-6. You should be eating a lot more.

If you can't gain weight now then you have a lot to learn before you try steroids. Try to eat more and make more natural gains first, you'll be better off if you start after you've had more natural gains.

Serge

Awards
Well, you're right. 5 meals a day would be nice.
How much protein you think I should have per meal? Usually I just have an ounce. Also what you think would be a natural potential?

Beige

Awards
  • Established
You mean an ounce of protein per pound of BW right? try upping that to around 2. Here's a sample of a pretty easy diet to follow that I use to get my weight up while not being to anal about what I eat.

meal 1: 2 cups oatmeal, 1 sliced banana, skim milk
meal 2: slice of wheat bread with low fat PB
meal 3: lean protein shake (like ON whey) with some maltodextrin
meal 4: 2 cans of tuna with your choice of low fat dressing
meal 5: 16 oz chicken, some brocoli
meal 6: 2 cups oatmeal, 1 sliced banana, skim milk

Keep taking your staple supps (multi, etc.) and try this diet for a month or two. It's pretty lax and easy to follow so I recomend it to most of my clients that aren't ready to go all out, and they see good results. You definitely won't be contest ready after this, but I gaurantee you will see some improvement. meal 2 is about 45 minutes preworkout and meal 3 is imediately after your workout. If your schedule conflicts with this you can change those two basically to anywhere in the day.

Serge

Awards
Thanks, Beige. I was wondering about maltodextrin shakes. Think they can be taken instead of carb meal like oats? Say, just mix maltodextrin and protein BW in adition to a lighter meal.

Beige

Awards
  • Established
I am an advocate of eating as much whole food as possible. Protein shakes are a great help when time or resources are an issue, but I've noticed my best gains when keeping my shakes sparse in exchange for whole foods. The protein companies would love for you to kill 5 of their shakes a day, but most actual bodybuilders will advise you to keep them to one a day (max) unless it is a choice between a shake or nothing at all.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I only have 1-2 protein shakes a day, the rest is from whole foods which is what will get you big.

I think of protein shakes as an aid in recovery, not a substitution for whole foods (even if you are using an MRP)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
You are not eating close to enough. Your lunch meal is not 1300 kcals unless by potatoes you mean 4-5 cups of mashed potatoes.

There are many different sections of this forums; I suggest you acquaint yourself with them, especially the nutrition/health & bulking sections.