testosterone levels after steroids - AnabolicMinds.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

testosterone levels after steroids

1.  07-25-2007  11:51 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

testosterone levels after steroids

if you cycle on and off steroids for ten years, and I'm 22 right now, by the time I am thirty-two, how long would it take for my testosterone levels to be as high as they were if I never took steroids in the first place

6 weeks after proper PCT, 6 months, a year or more, or will they still be in the range of normal, although they wouldn't be as high

2.  07-26-2007  12:08 AM
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

Originally Posted by MarkPerry View Post
    if you cycle on and off steroids for ten years, and I'm 22 right now, by the time I am thirty-two, how long would it take for my testosterone levels to be as high as they were if I never took steroids in the first place

6 weeks after proper post cycle therapy, 6 months, a year or more, or will they still be in the range of normal, although they wouldn't be as high
    That is very unknowable. Next question?
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

•   
  3.  07-26-2007  01:38 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

its called post cycle therapy my friend

4.  07-26-2007  02:28 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years...who knows, according to the studies I have seen. It varies so much, there is no set time, as we are all different.

Some small (mg) cycles damaged certain guys worse and some crazy cycles seemed to have mild repercussions on others. The only way to know is to get it all checked before and then after.

My advice: Use HCG (and of course, a proper post cycle therapy) and the chances of becoming primary hypogonadal become much smaller, and recovery will be sooner.

5.  07-26-2007  12:31 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

They will never be as high.

First off, a 32 year old isnt going to produce what a 22 year old will.

Also, even 1 cycle of steroids will slightly inhibit you natural hormone production for a long time, perhaps more than a year. If you cycle for a decade you can expect to either have somewhat lower testosterone levels ( 30-50% ) permanently, or need HRT.

6.  07-26-2007  06:09 PM
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post

Also, even 1 cycle of steroids will slightly inhibit you natural hormone production for a long time, perhaps more than a year. If you cycle for a decade you can expect to either have somewhat lower testosterone levels ( 30-50% ) permanently, or need HRT.

Can you substantiate that claim or is that just your opinion?
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

7.  07-26-2007  06:29 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Where would I be in ten years if I went to college for a different major as opposed to the major I am already taking?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

8.  07-26-2007  06:29 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Can you substantiate that claim or is that just your opinion?
    Looks like we might need to learn some people about the term "experimental control".
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

9.  07-26-2007  07:57 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Any evidence? I seriously doubt this is the case for most people on "typical" cycles.

10.  07-27-2007  09:07 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Originally Posted by TeamSavage View Post
    Any evidence? I seriously doubt this is the case for most people on "typical" cycles.
    Some stuff I came across in PubMed a while back - I will look it up sometime today.

As far as the wimpy oral only cycles people do on here ( me included ) I mostly agree it shouldent be significant, but if you are running a gram of gear for 16-20 weeks at a time on/off for a decade, well forget about it ; you will need HRT.

11.  07-30-2007  01:06 AM
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Some stuff I came across in PubMed a while back - I will look it up sometime today.

As far as the wimpy oral only cycles people do on here ( me included ) I mostly agree it shouldent be significant, but if you are running a gram of gear for 16-20 weeks at a time on/off for a decade, well forget about it ; you will need HRT.
    The thing with pubmed is that there are only case studies on treating patients suffering from undesireable long-term effects of anabolic steroid use. I remember seeing a case study of complete reversal of hypogonadism using HCG in one patient. Not enough evidence to make blanket statements.

Bottom line is, from a strict scientific perspective, there is not sufficient evidence in the literature to convincingly substantiate your claim.

12.  07-30-2007  05:17 AM
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Some of those wimpy orals will shut you down completely

13.  07-30-2007  08:47 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Originally Posted by SubliminalX View Post
    Bottom line is, from a strict scientific perspective, there is not sufficient evidence in the literature to convincingly substantiate your claim.
    Ok I will give you that - but dont be shocked if you need HRT after a decade of AAS use no matter how well your PCT and off time is done.

Its definitely a possible outcome.

14.  07-30-2007  08:57 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

lets not forget that there ARE things we can do to boost our testosterone and prevent hypogonadism as best we can while cycling so that in the end we are happy with relatively normal test levels. Now FrankJ's comments about the 16-20 week cycles of more than a gram of gear doesnt seem to convince me. Shutdown is shutdown. The only thing that can make recovery harder is the longer one is shutdown. so this i give credibility, but as far as a comparison. For up to a twelve week cycle using a modest amount of gear 500mg+\wk of gear vs. a 4 week oral cycle that is supposedly more modest, there really isnt a difference. once shutdown occurs its there and not going away until somethign in the body changes. That being said, its up to the individual to know his\her body, do before and after bloodwork, see where the problems are, and make changes. (probably using ancillary drugs\supplements)..my comments on this thread might be interesting to some of you regarding a similar topic:
    No Excuses & No ***** ***: A Stupid People's Guide to PCT

15.  07-30-2007  01:47 PM
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ok I will give you that - but dont be shocked if you need HRT after a decade of anabolic steroids use no matter how well your post cycle therapy and off time is done.

Its definitely a possible outcome.
    A lot of men would qualify for HRT at age 35+ even without a history of steroid use. That's just natural physiology. So if you use steroids from age 25-35, you're likely at the same point that you'd be if you didn't. Low testosterone levels either way.

16.  07-30-2007  08:21 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Originally Posted by SubliminalX View Post
    A lot of men would qualify for HRT at age 35+ even without a history of steroid use. That's just natural physiology. So if you use steroids from age 25-35, you're likely at the same point that you'd be if you didn't. Low testosterone levels either way.
    agreed

17.  07-31-2007  01:45 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

I was reading up somewhere about this old guy who was taking heavy gear since he was 19 until mid 40's. When he got off his lvls were so low that he just shoots test prop ALL the time. He has been for around 6 years or something.

I also am curious if the pro's (ie. coleman, cutler etc) even come off it at all.

18.  07-31-2007  07:53 AM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    I was reading up somewhere about this old guy who was taking heavy gear since he was 19 until mid 40's. When he got off his lvls were so low that he just shoots test prop ALL the time. He has been for around 6 years or something.

I also am curious if the pro's (ie. coleman, cutler etc) even come off it at all.
    I would assume the pros, at least the ones competing hardcore for the olympia title, are using their own version of a constant HRT at very high doses. This is despite each of their various claims about not using retarted amounts of drugs.

19.  07-31-2007  01:23 PM
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    I would assume the pros, at least the ones competing hardcore for the olympia title, are using their own version of a constant HRT at very high doses. This is despite each of their various claims about not using retarted amounts of drugs.
    Yeah there is no way I could see any of those guys ever having even close to normal test lvls when they are done with bodybuilding.

20.  07-31-2007  02:49 PM
    Somewhere between a 4x12 stack and a power rack...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Yeah there is no way I could see any of those guys ever having even close to normal test lvls when they are done with bodybuilding.
    They usually lose a LOT of size when they are done with competitive bodybuilding. I remember reading Jay Cutler say that when he's done, he only wants to be a lean 220 or so.

BV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Forum Threads

1. Very Low testosterone levels need help!
    By mikeg402 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. Testosterone Levels
    By SlickG3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 05:21 PM
  3. Fat Guys and Testosterone levels - effect of obesity on male hormone levels
    By SilkPhantom in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
  4. Low testosterone levels
    By Warlex in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 01:38 AM
  5. testosterone levels
    By chessmaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 10:46 AM