homebrew gel #3

primal1

Awards
  • Established
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS THE INGREDIENTS AND RATIOS OF AVANTS GEL #3. IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE SITE ENHANCEMENT PROPERTIES. I WANT TO GIVE IT A SHOT, BUT ITS TO EXPENSIVE. WANT TO TRY 240ML W/ 4 GRAMS 3-ALPHA, 3GRAMS 7-KETO, AND ETHIER 8 GRAMS 1,4 ANDRO, OR 4 GRAMS 1-TEST W/ 4 GRAMS 1,4 ANDRO. 12 ML A DAY DIVIDED INTO 6ML DOSES.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
pretty sure this was covered recently... matter of fact, why bother with bullshit "site specific" hoopla

ThaPeoplesChamp

ThaPeoplesChamp

Awards
  • Established
Having used it, I can say that it is far from bullshit.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Haaaaaaaaaa, I just read all the posts from the link that bow provided and Ive got to say, DAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Some of that **** just triped me the **** out. I guess I dont know half the story but I say instead of a head 2 head debate, lets rent a hall somewhere and do a cage battle. All business owners against each other till the last man standing. :D
For real though, theres some static in those forums for real. can you say "DRAMA" .

goodguy :saw: badguy

db

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Having used it, I can say that it is far from bullshit.

Can you give any more specifics. For example, did you gain a 1/2" on arms while loosing 2% BF. I would like to see some more quantatative feedback before making any judgement regarding site specific delivery. I think its the science (or lack thereof) that makes many of us skeptical. But it would be great if we were wrong ;)

ThaPeoplesChamp

ThaPeoplesChamp

Awards
  • Established
I think what you are looking for is my Chest girth mightily increased though I did not measure. No systemic side effects were noted.
I used 5 grams 1-test in the Gel. 4 weeks. I know my specicfic 1-test side effects, the two most notable are hairloss(baaad) and lack of interest in sexual activity.

While using the 1-test solution only on my chest, I noticed more fullness and apparent growth(noticable, yet I still should have measured), little strength increases on chest movements(since not systemically absorbed I was not expecting to see strength increases due to not having CNS interaction with the androgen nor the accompanying muscles receiving the androgen).

Noticed no hairloss(no more than usual) and the bedroom was the same as always off cycle. No testicular shrinkage.

I was very satisfied with the cycle, and next time will use 3 grams 3-Alpha and 3 grams 1-test.

Skepticality still reigning, tell me if Yohimbine can be localized for fat loss, then along the same lines why can androgens not also be utilized locally?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ThaPeoplesChamp
Skepticality still reigning, tell me if Yohimbine can be localized for fat loss, then along the same lines why can androgens not also be utilized locally?
I'm not certain of this, but Chemo seems to have a different opinion, look at the BB.com thread.

ThaPeoplesChamp

ThaPeoplesChamp

Awards
  • Established
I have read it, believe me! I'm not one to know the ins and outs of the science, but for what I used I am pretty sure it worked the way it was supposed to.

primal1

Awards
  • Established
i read thru the link bow provided and i did not read anything regarding how effective it is, just a bunch of sh*t. i thought i would give it a try if i could homebrew it. the worst that can happen is that its not site specific and i gets results all over as apposed to my application sites.
pretty sure this was covered recently... matter of fact, why bother with bullshit "site specific" hoopla

primal1

Awards
  • Established
curt2go maybe? you are a transdermal wizard. any ideas?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by primal1
i read thru the link bow provided and i did not read anything regarding how effective it is, just a bunch of sh*t. i thought i would give it a try if i could homebrew it. the worst that can happen is that its not site specific and i gets results all over as apposed to my application sites.
I would wait until Chemo and Par start a discussion on localized delivery. The info isn't really in that thread, but should reveal itself soon there I think.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm that thread to BB.com gives me the feeling that Par is mad because he pioneered topicals but BDC perfected them.

primal1

Awards
  • Established
anyone... anyone...? has anyone on this board tried gel #3?

ShadowJack

Board Supporter
Awards
anyone... anyone...? has anyone on this board tried gel #3?
A few of my posts from the Gel #3, What's the verdict? thread on Avant's board, regarding a 30-day cycle of 1-test in Gel #3:

ShadowJack,Jun 6 2003, 11:32 PM
My experience with Gel #3 thus far: I have 6g of 1-t dissolved in 120ml. Dosing is 3 squirts 2x per day, for a total of 200mg of 1-test per day. Every application is ~1-1/2 squirts to each upper arm. Today was the 16th day that I have applied the gel. The bottle will last ~30 days at this dosage level.

I’m getting more complete coverage of the bicep than the tricep, as I’m using a full squirt for each bicep and about ½ squirt for each tricep. Note that IMO, 2 squirts per upper arm (per application) would be just about right for complete coverage of the entire upper arm, while still spreading the gel in a very thin layer.

Initial observations: I didn’t notice much of anything the first few days. After applying the 5th day, I noted a fuller muscle appearance, particularly in the bicep. Also started to experience increased recovery in-between sets (during the workout) and less soreness after the workout at this point. I took an arm measurement at the one-week point, and it was an increase of just under ¼” for each arm.

I took another arm measurement at the two-week point, which was 2 days ago, and the increase is right at 3/8” in each arm. Also started to experience some strength increases during workouts the last two days. A bit more in the bicep exercises than the tricep exercises, as I’m getting more complete coverage of the bicep with each gel application.

I have experienced increased muscle pumps in both upper arms during this 2nd week, again more so on biceps than triceps. Pumps haven’t been the greatest I’ve ever seen on-cycle (i.e. the “painful” variety), but the increase is definite during arm workouts.

Other items of note: My weight has been stable over the 16 days, as I am eating at a maintenance level. No significant changes in other bodily measurements and no change in BF levels, using a basic 3-site caliper check each week. No noticeable strength or recovery increases, or decrease in soreness in any other muscle groups than arms. My workouts have not changed during the Gel #3 cycle; I have purposely not increased volume on any arm exercises, though I feel I easily could have, as recovery in-between sets is definitely up, particularly on bicep movements.

I have experienced no systemic side effects so far. i.e. No lethargy or workout fatigue that is typical with 1-test only dosing. No increase in blood pressure. No decrease in libido, and no testicular shrinkage. No increase in acne and no negative effect on hairline. One side effect I have started to experience is slight joint pain in the area of application (i.e. upper elbow area). This began 2 days ago during my workout, about the same time I started to notice some strength increases. It is pretty slight so far, compared to some other androgen cycles I have done, and it only lasted for the remainder of the workout and a little while afterwards. No joint pain anywhere else thus far.

I will try to chime in again with any additional observations in ~2 weeks, after the bottle of Gel #3 is completed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShadowJack,Jun 24 2003, 11:38 AM
My last dosing with Gel #3 was on Friday night, so today will be the 4th day since I have applied. Total dosing was 6g of 1-test in 30 days, with coverage on both upper arms. Final results: I took an arm measurement last night before my work-out, and the increase was right at a 1/2" for each arm.

Other observations are as described above. No systemic effects or side effects (other than joint pain in the elbows). Weight is the same today as it was a month ago, as is BF%. Strength increases on arm exercises kicked in during the last 2 weeks. Bicep movements in particular have been as heavy or heavier than they've ever been. The best (most noticeable) effect I experienced was the increase in recovery in-between sets (on arm movements) and decreased soreness. Arms are basically ready to go again with minimal rest, even after a heavy set to failure. And soreness is virtually non-existent. My arms just did not get sore during/after a workout in the last ~3 weeks of Gel #3 applications.

Since I haven't experienced anything really negative, I'm very tempted to stay on Gel #3 for another month, to see if strength/size gains continue. But I decided to go off-cycle for now, as I have a few other things in the works. I will not be doing a traditional post-androgen cycle. I'll probably try this again in the near future and possibly extend to an 8-week cycle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShadowJack,Jun 24 2003, 08:39 PM
I miss Gel #3 already. :( Today I noticed some soreness in my triceps after last night's push workout. It wasn't severe, but it was definitely noticeable, whereas I hadn't had any post-workout soreness (in biceps/triceps) for the last ~3 weeks of dosing with Gel #3.

Well the soreness really kicked in during tonight's pull workout. On bicep exercises (Olympic-bar Curls and Incline DB Curls) I managed the same weight as my previous workout, when I was just finishing up with Gel #3. Barely. But the soreness in-between sets (and even during) was pretty severe. I definitely didn't feel anything like this while I was using Gel #3. So I could tell a big difference that I had stopped using it. This workout was performed almost exactly 4 days after my last Gel #3 application (Friday night). So the 1-test must pretty much be "worn-off" by now.

For me, it is just further evidence that Gel #3 was working in the applied area.