Epistane Question? Need answers quickly...

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
Hey I posted a question earlier aasking what effects taking a cycle of epistane would be on my seizures. I just asked a question so please don't jump down my throat, I wasn't able to read any responses because for some reason the post was closed out. I just would like some information on why this is a bad idea because that's why, I'm guessing, it was closed out. I don't see any real threat my seizures have been in remission for a year and my last eeg which was months ago show no signs of seizure activity. Please just discuss this with me so I can hear what you have to say. I am going to consult my regular physician and my neurologist ( who thinks I shouldn't drink alcohol either) about the matter. I have never had any issues taking supplements and I do understand that this is a big step, but I just want to do this the correct way.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Ask your doctor. You are delving into some serious ****.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
really how come I don't understand? I guess this is the wrong place to look for the answer... i mean is the worst thing that could happen I have a seizure... ?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt want to risk permanent neurological damage for a steriod cycle!!!! just my 2c, but seriousely!!! Why would you even risk it???? You should listen to your neurologist he knows a lot more about these interactions than anyone else ever would. Your siezures may not be bad now, but do you want to risk them getting worse??? I dont know, it just seems very short sighted.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
I wouldnt want to risk permanent neurological damage for a steriod cycle!!!! just my 2c, but seriousely!!! Why would you even risk it???? You should listen to your neurologist he knows a lot more about these interactions than anyone else ever would. Your siezures may not be bad now, but do you want to risk them getting worse??? I dont know, it just seems very short sighted.

Well, I understand the concern but i did bring this up to her and she didn't even know what it was or what any of the ingredients were. I then was told by her that i shouldn't even take multi vitamins so that seemed odd.. I don't know I am going to call her tomorrow and find out what to do.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude, i'm not going to talk you out of hurting yourself - it's your RISK, your HEALTH, your FUTURE

i see the effects of seizures on a everyday basis, and i know how quickly they turn from subtle to extreme, and sometimes deadly

and all because you are in remission does not mean you will stay that way

be smart bro - good luck to you

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seizure in a car, walking up a flight of stairs, etc etc...No one here is going to tell you this is safe to take. it's something you're going to have to decide for yourself and if I were you I wouldn't do anything that would trigger that ****.

Just ask a doctor if decreasing or increasing test/Estrogen etc will have any adverse reactions with your seizure issue. let them guide you.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
The reason it's not a good idea (well the main reason I see) is because it might increase your blood pressure and trigger the seizures. I believe typically people might feel headaches as a result of this blood pressure rise, but in your case, the brain might react more extremely due to your history.

I doubt any doctor is probably going to take the chance on telling you that it's ok, just because they really don't want to be liable for anything that might happen.

So if your doctor tells you not to take it, and you are still debating about not listening to their advice, remember that you are not only risking your health but the health of others. As Jayhawwk mentioned, you could be driving when a seizure occurs and end up hurting other people. If you can completely avoid situations like these where you endanger others with your condition, that would be the only situation where you might still consider taking it and you would only be risking your own health. But even then, you're still probably going to put others who care about you through a great deal of stress and worry should you have a seizure just because you wanted to take a supplement that no one would advise you to take.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
thanks for everyones concern

ok guys i understand exactly what you are saying. I am going to take the advice and ask my doc. As for womever said that crap about me driving i drive everyday and lead a completely normal life. a seizure could happen to anyone anywhere and anytime. so dont hold that against me. i also took growth hormone as a young child to help me grow so i don't think this is that big of a deal. however i will speak with the doctor and see what she says.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
ok guys i understand exactly what you are saying. I am going to take the advice and ask my doc. As for womever said that crap about me driving i drive everyday and lead a completely normal life. a seizure could happen to anyone anywhere and anytime. so dont hold that against me. i also took growth hormone as a young child to help me grow so i don't think this is that big of a deal. however i will speak with the doctor and see what she says.
It's not being held against you, but with a history of seizures, it definitely might be more likely for you to be prone to them being aggravated by a new supplement or drug. Wouldn't you agree? And that's the main point, that for all we know about you here on the forums, there's the possibility of this not playing out so well for you.

But it sounds like you are going about this the appropriate way by asking why it might be bad and by further speaking to the doctor. And I'm sure that everyone here appreciates that you are taking that last step, there's so many that are stubborn about revealing their supplementation/drug plans to a doctor regardless of what they're told here. But anyway, it's good and the doctor will probably know more about your situation and if the seizures were the result of something specific that is no longer an issue.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Seizure in a car, walking up a flight of stairs, etc etc...No one here is going to tell you this is safe to take. it's something you're going to have to decide for yourself and if I were you I wouldn't do anything that would trigger that ****.

Just ask a doctor if decreasing or increasing test/Estrogen etc will have any adverse reactions with your seizure issue. let them guide you.
This man has truth / guidance that you should follow, he speaks wisely!:head:

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
You ARE asking the wrong people. I can guarantee you that nobody here has a seizure condition and hereby we are ALL unqualified to answer your question.

What I said in your last thread is this:

I DON'T think you should do a cycle. If you're gonna be reckless (and by admitting that you drink I will assume that you are) I'd say that you should pulse it (only three days per week) and tell as many people as possible what you are taking and where the bottle is (so that if/when you do have an adverse reaction, your doctor can figure out what caused it).