What should I do?

SwolE Mammoth

SwolE Mammoth

Awards
So I just dabbled with epistane for a few weeks just to see if I would want to run a full cycle stack with it. I took about 3-4weeks off after 1-2 weeks of that. Then I did one week of Mass tabs to see if I might want to run that and I noticed my hair looked really thin. I can run my hands through my hair and shake it out have like 20 hairs fall out. So I stopped taking that and now I am taking Cellular Labs TT-40 which isn't supposed to convert to DHT.

I've been on it for a week now and I'm still having this hair issue. I wanted to take the tt-40 for another 2-3 weeks then finish up with pct. I'm thinking I might have to cut it short. How can I stop this from falling out? I read bigvrunga's hair thread and all, but I figured if I stopped taking the stuff that was making my hair fall out then it would be alright. I'm not sure if that is the case.

fyi, I've never had this problem and I've done 4 ph cycles before this. xtreme mass, xtreme tren, ergo max lmg (2)

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
proscar and propecia are basically poison, and in some cases cause severe long lasting sexual side effects.

i used to have the same problem when i started out, try going down to a local grocery store/wal mart/cvs and buy Nizoral shampoo. its main ingredient (ketocanazole) is an anti fungal with some topical anti androgen properties. just wash you hair with it normally

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
If You Dont Mind Me Asking What Makes It Have Such Negative Effects?...only Asking Cause Any Time I Looked For Info On Hair Loss I Found People Pumping It Up Left And Right... Just Looking To Get My Facts Strait....
Thanks.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
proscar and propecia are basically poison, and in some cases cause severe long lasting sexual side effects.
That's not really true - you're taking those statements out of context and should not be stating them as fact.

Finesteride is a synthetic inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase that was approved as 'proscar' in 1992 to treat BPH. It was re-approved by the FDA in 1997 as 'propecia' as a treatment for MPB. Some people report adverse side effects. Finesteride is currently being studied by the Swedish Medical Products Agency for possibly causing irreversible sexual side effects. This does not mean by anymeans that it has been proven to cause irreversable sexual side effects. Nor has it for the many people that use this compound to effectively treat their hairloss issues.

You should both read this article:

Finasteride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's as unbiased as any Ive seen on this compound.

First of all, you need to understand how finesteride/dutasteride work - they inhibit 5AR. They do NOT block DHT. They block the conversion of a compound that uses 5AR to convert to DHT (or any other compound, for that matter).

I dont know if any of the compounds Swole Mammoth listed convert to DHT via 5AR - from what I understand Epistane does not. So in this case, Finesteride will NOT help you. At ALL.

Finesteride will only reduce systemic levels of DHT if and only if you are using a compound like Testosterone, 4AD, etc. And then, you should only be using the minimum possible effective dose. Personally, I use 250-500 ug (thats MICROgrams) per day to combat genetic MPB. I generally use it for 4 weeks, take a week off, and resume. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever.

In your case, Swole Mammoth, because you are using compounds that are relatively new and their mechanism for effecting hair loss is unknown, I suggest you start attacking the problem from the many other facets that can effect hair shedding. Namely:

1.)Androgens binding to follicle receptors in the scalp

and

2.)Inflammation caused by #1

Jomi was right on suggesting Nizoral (Ketoconozole). Its an effective general anti-androgen and also helps combat inflammation as well. Id suggest heading right over to wholesalehairproducts.com and picking up the 2% version though - from what I understand its much more effective.

You also may want to give Emu oil a try - applied to the scalp 1x a day at night it effectively combats scalp inflammation and irritation caused by androgens (if your scalp itches on cycle - that's what's going on). In addition to restoring essential hair oils that can be sapped by using topical hair. loss treatments.

A topical general anti-androgen like Spironolactone 2% can also be very effective - it kept the hairloss at bay for myself and many others when using 1-testosterone, and other non-5AR converting anabolics.

Finally, LLLT therapy (laser hair brush) is an FDA approved method for hair regrowth and has proved surprisingly effective for many. I'm not sure how it works exactly (I dont think anyone is), but some theories suggest it creates an optimal environment for hair regrowth by super-energizing the cell's mitochondira, or something like that.

Other treatments include shampooing EOD with a Pyrithion Zinc shampoo (head & shoulders), and other topical anti-androgens...a product recently discussed in the hairloss thread called 'Crinagen' may be effective. I have not yet tried it personally, however.

Furthermore- one thing that people need to realize is that it may take a while for your body's hormnal profile to stablize after any hormonal cycle, even an oral with a short half life or a base powder, etc. During PCT, and even a few months afterward, your body is trying to readjust and this imbalance in hormones can cause a lot of issues for some people. Youve seen it all discussed here - delayed gyno, continued hairloss, etc.

BV

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry BV i was in a bit of a rush to head out the door. you were a bit more specific than i was.

i dont typically recommend finasteride due to the possible side effects. Its too much of a risk (jmo) for such little gain...and the last thing id want is for people to consider it a cure all for androgen related hairloss and start throwing it into cycles with non-5~reducing steroids.

there are quite a few websites/support groups for people that have suffered irreversible changes from finasteride use. just being careful BV

nizoral 2% will probably do the trick

SwolE Mammoth

SwolE Mammoth

Awards
thanks a lot. I'll pick up some of that shampoo. I read that in bv's post about hairloss, but then I saw the other stages and wasn't sure if more would be better. I'll start with this and see how it goes.

I was so pissed off about it yesterday, that I just shaved my head. It looks pretty sweet though. I like it. We are our worst critic. we all notice the smallest changes in ourselves.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Sorry BV i was in a bit of a rush to head out the door. you were a bit more specific than i was.

i dont typically recommend finasteride due to the possible side effects. Its too much of a risk (jmo) for such little gain...and the last thing id want is for people to consider it a cure all for androgen related hairloss and start throwing it into cycles with non-5~reducing steroids.

there are quite a few websites/support groups for people that have suffered irreversible changes from finasteride use. just being careful BV

nizoral 2% will probably do the trick
Oh no problem bro I didnt mean to sound harsh at all - you're exactly right about people thinking it's a 'cure all' for hairloss. I see it all the time on this site and many others - people taking finesteride on a cycle of a non-AR steroid just because brotelligence suggests they should.

Finesteride definitely should be used only as a last resort, always attempt to use topical/natural treatments first. For what it's worth, Saw Palmetto is natural 5AR blocker - but from what Ive read its more effective for protecting the prostate than it is for inhibiting DHT at the scalp. The best quote I can think of comparing the two is this one, from Hair Loss Consumer Information & Support. What really works?

Saw palmetto has been used successfully in prostate enlargement. Accordingly it may have utility in pattern loss, though it has not been formally tested for this. Saw palmetto and finasteride are not really equivalent, since saw palmetto has a much broader range of anti-hormonal activity than finasteride. As for side effects, these are certainly possible with saw palmetto, though everyone will respond uniquely. It must be borne in mind that saw palmetto is as much a chemical concoction as finasteride; it was merely produced in Nature's laboratory instead of a conventional one. Like anything, if it's potent enough to cause a biochemical change in the body--especially involving hormones--it's potent enough to cause side effects in some people. Saw palmetto may be useful topically.
As for my finesteride use - my hair is growing back pretty well due to all the crap I put on it:), Im slowly trying to back off from it as much as I can, hopefully Ill have it down to <.5mg/EOD after a few months.

When it comes down to it, hair loss is a cosmetic issue and although it may effect you psychologically - it will be far easier to overcome that obstacle than it will the potential negative side effects of some of the extreme treatments out there.

BV