Strep Throat From Clen?

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
I used an ex-board sponsor's clen twice in the past. Both times I got what was diagnosed as strep throat within a week of starting the clen. Soon after i got it, my roommate did too (he started the clen the same day as me). I could have just infected him but i dont know.

Now, I didnt think the strep was related to the clen at first, but yesterday i started clen for the third time. Today my throat is itchy but not to an extreme (yet), but i think its happening again.

I love that research chem source, and i have used their tamox in the past without problem. I'm not bashing them, I just want to know why this is happening to me.....

Maybe its an allergic reaction to the clen that looks like strep (didnt tell doc i was using it)? I do have allergies to penicilin, nuts, some animals, etc. Maybe i just got a bad batch? I used 2 seperate bottles

I'd love to hear any opinions on this, i have no idea whats going on.....

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to be honest with you... you should inform your doctor about what you are using - he cannot treat you accordingly if you are not up front with him - how would you feel if he withheld important info from you?

if you have had an allergic (or just a reation) to this product not once, but twice - i would find another supplement to take - it's better to err on the side of safety, rather than feed your body something that obviously your body does not like, or tolerate:study: you may even want to get the lab reports from the actual chem. manu.

have you contacted the place you bought this from? if not, you should

best of luck to you!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Unless it's a medical emergency I wouldn't tell a doctor i'm using a research chem...especially today.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well maybe the true problem lies with taking a "research" chem in the first place

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Jay as long as you are certain the research chem in question will not interfere with a treatment the Dr is prescribing.

I think your strep deal is a coincidence as there really shouldn't be any immune system effects from short term clen use. Could be that you have a drug resistant form of strepp and it keeps coming back stronger after each antibiotic treatment.

You should also stop licking park benches and toilet seats. :stick:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Park benches maybe but toilet seats too?? I think not!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i agree - toilet seats are are bad!

how far apart are the flare-ups? (strepp)

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Well the first time i took clen was around the first week of march. I got strep within a few days. Second time was end of april. Same thing. And now I just started yesterday. The tingling is progressing as the day goes on, and I'm stopping my dosing in hopes that it doesnt get worse.

Both prior times I was diagnosed with strep and was given zithromycin (spelling?) because i'm allergic to whatever the common drug is that they prescribe for strep. It cleared up after a week to 10 days, but now I'm thinking that maybe it wasnt strep and just showed similar symptoms, and the doctor didnt catch it because i told him i was not taking anything (which i dont regret because i dont want to risk my insurance, etc).

I googled "strep throat clenbuterol" and was suprised to find a few other people posting on various boards with the same type of problem. However, nobody answered them with what it was and just advised to stop taking it. Also, I searched in this forum and found a post from 2004 with an identical situation ( http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/17251-sore-swollen-throat.html ).

So after seeing all this, I really dont think its a coincidence. I have no idea whats causing it, but its probably some kind of reaction from something in the solution. I guess I'll just wait a couple weeks and then start ECA back up and forget all about clen (unless I figure out a way to stop the symptoms from occuring)

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i too researched it and was amazed at how many people report the same thing

i understand about the insurance thing - i guess i'm just thinking about my doctor, and how open we are. he's a great doctor that i've known for 20 years, so i can tell him if i am taking something w/o worring about him reporting it

good choice in stopping, though

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That is really odd. If there seems to be a correlation then by all means stop. Clen's kinda nastey anyways so you're not missing much IMO. I've run it a bunch of times and am always glad to be off. I use either EC, YC or albuterol if I can afford it. Alb is a much much smoother ride.

Did your Dr actually do the diagnostic test for strepp? If not, he's kinda just guessing which clouds what condition the clen is actually producing. It's all very interesting though.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
That is really odd. If there seems to be a correlation then by all means stop. Clen's kinda nastey anyways so you're not missing much IMO. I've run it a bunch of times and am always glad to be off. I use either EC, YC or albuterol if I can afford it. Alb is a much much smoother ride.

Did your Dr actually do the diagnostic test for strepp? If not, he's kinda just guessing which clouds what condition the clen is actually producing. It's all very interesting though.
I completely forgot about the strep test. He did the culture tests on me with the cotton swab and I guess that test is in two stages. First they do the "instant test" and that came back negative. But then they do the test that takes overnight and the nurse called me the next day saying that one came back positive. After that I was prescribed my meds (the z-packs)

I like ECA better than clen anyways because it seems to help me with appetite suppression as well, but clen is sooooooo much cheaper. I have not yet tried albuterol, so I will look into that further and maybe give it a shot sometime in the future.