How old should you be before going on your first cycle?

How old should you be before going on your first cycle?

• 20-21

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • 22-23

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • 24-25

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 26-27

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 28+

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lazerss9

Awards
I did a quick search and didnt really see anything like this....so figured this might be a good thread for newbies, plus i would like to know what everyone thinks.

Also, post what age your first cycle was and what you used.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Minimum age should be 21 but really i think it has more to do with how much lifting experience you have. IF your 30 years old and decide to join a gym then you've got years of hard work ahead of you before youshould be thinking about taking any steriods. Saying that there's plenty of guys in their early 20's that have been lifting since their teens and decide to do a cycle. Wether it be they think they've hit their genetic potential or they just want that extra bit of help in the gym. Either way diet and training need to be perfected before going near any AAS. That in itself can take years to perfect as trying out different diets/routines etc takes a lot of time.

cranny

cranny

Awards
I would say around mid 20's given you've had at least 2-3yrs. of dedicated training natty. I did my 1st cycle at 33 yrs. old.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
It mostly depends on the person has been training... granted I do not believe anybody should run a cycle before 21. I was 21 when (and still am) when I ran my first. Test-e 500mg per week w/ anadrol for 4 weeks 50mg ED. I have also been training since highschool.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
the easy answer...once you've reached you genetic max...and are over 21.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Minimum age should be 21 but really i think it has more to do with how much lifting experience you have.
This is EXACTLY what I thought when I read the subject. Please maximize the potential you have naturally before turning to synthetics:

1. Build a solid base within 2 yrs ( also depending on how fat you are and what your goals are.

This time also gives you time to A) Learn good solid compound exercises B) Learn good form (key to not getting injured and fcking yourself up for the rest of your bb :food: career) C) Allows your bones, tendons and central nervous system etc to adapt to the stress load.

2. Add in Creatine, Whey and fine tune your diet.

3. Non hormonal stacks are good at this time as they can give you pretty impressive gains given that your diet / training is in order.

4. PH's

5. AAS

I would recommend you lay out a goal and a road map on how you expect to get there. Think of it like building a house, if you jump and skip to putting a fancy roof on a sh!tty foundation you are gonna crumble and kill your house! Think I'm joking, wait and see it's easy to think grandeur thoughts when your young but life shows you the answers pretty damn quickly.

Much love,

:food: Neoborn :food:

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
What is the reasoning for 21+?
It can take ages to reach your genetic potential and why start to get big when your in your late 20s? why not be big in your prime when its gonna benefit you more.
I thought as long as your not fat and growth plates have closed and you have been training and dieting long enough(1-2 years with no breaks) to show yourself you got what it takes to not mess yourself(become fat on cycle, or stop training once stopping your cycle) then what else is there to it?

I dont believe there is a particular age, I think if your borderline on age then to go to a doctor and get your growth plates checked, which would be a great idea because you could also get your natural hormone readings.

Last edited:
Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
21+
After having 2+ years of solid training
Proper diet
experience with natty supplementation
AND SEVERAL MONTHS IF NOT MORE OF RESEARCH ON EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO THE CYCLE YOUR CONSIDERING!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Did I miss something from my post above or are you just complimenting me on my post?

21+
After having 2+ years of solid training
Proper diet
experience with natty supplementation
AND SEVERAL MONTHS IF NOT MORE OF RESEARCH ON EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO THE CYCLE YOUR CONSIDERING!
Much Love,

<3 Neoborn <3

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
What is the reasoning for 21+?
It can take ages to reach your genetic potential and why start to get big when your in your late 20s? why not be big in your prime when its gonna benefit you more.
I thought as long as your not fat and growth plates have closed and you have been training and dieting long enough(1-2 years with no breaks) to show yourself you got what it takes to not mess yourself(become fat on cycle, or stop training once stopping your cycle) then what else is there to it?

I dont believe there is a particular age, I think if your borderline on age then to go to a doctor and get your growth plates checked, which would be a great idea because you could also get your natural hormone readings.
The 21+ is arbitrary... and probably [subconsciously] inspired by the US legal drinking age. Once a guy's puberty has ended, maximum bone growth, testicular size, and androgen levels have been reached. This occurs on average at age 17.5 for American males. Once this has been attained, I can't think of a scientific reason why steroids can't be used safely by this point.

But rationally, add +/- 2.5 years standard deviation, and that puts you at age 20-21 just to be reasonably sure that you've reached maximal physical maturity. That's about the time you need to learn how to get the basics of intelligent exercise down anyway.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Yea legal drinking age, plus I think everyone is under the impression people start lifting at 17-19.
my nephew is turning 16 in afew months and I am encouraging him to get fit and start lifting which luckily didnt take much convincing at all. I dont even mention the S word to him because I dont want him even thinking of it as a future option yet or something that a lot of people do. But if he starts bringing it up I will tell him, dont slack off for 2 years and you can go for it, he would be 18 by then and Id make sure he hasnt grown a cm in the past 9 months, or better yet get him to get a growth plate test.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Did I miss something from my post above or are you just complimenting me on my post?

Much Love,

<3 Neoborn <3
I'd say you covered it bruh, good post!
pretty much just repeating the basics you covered and adding in the part about research, i feel someone should have spent 50+ hours reading about this stuff b4 they ever think of poppin a pill or pinning

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your not smart enough to search you should not be taking any PH steroid period. Do your research before comming in. This is serious stuff.

Jkauf

Awards
this is a very good thread!
my opinion, once you have reached your potential and have worked out for atleast 2 years non stop!
the only problem for kids in high school is that the pressure is so hard to look good, trying to get girls etc. being big is a big deal in high school..i know myself kids at my school dont even know what PCT means and have ran through cycles of dbol and they dont even have facial hair yet...thats saying something....roids in high school are a big problem....id say 19 is when you start researching and 20 ish is the age when its acceptable for your body to take them