8 Weeks vs 12 Weeks

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So say you were a total beginner with injectables. If you were going to run test why run it 12 weeks vs 8? Seems like a lot of AM members recommend a 10 or 12 week Test E cycle (with jump starter) for beginners. I have seen other boards recommend 8 week cycles. A longer cycle would obviously produce more gains but I would think it would also produce more sides?

And is there any difference between:

8 weeks of Test E 750mg's/week
&
12 weeks of Test E 500mg's/week

I'm basically still doing research for what might be my first test cycle early in 08'. I am leaning towards a 10 week (500/week) cycle right now, but I still think the question is relevant.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Long esters of test such as enthanate or cypionate take around 5 weeks to actually kick in. If you only run the cycle 8 weeks, that only leaves you with a few weeks of when the test is in full effect.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Long esters of test such as enthanate or cypionate take around 5 weeks to actually kick in. If you only run the cycle 8 weeks, that only leaves you with a few weeks of when the test is in full effect.
Am I right in saying it takes 5 weeks to kick in but 2 weeks to clear/stop working??? That is why PCT is recommended 2 weeks after your last injection.

Would running a higher amount of test make up for that delay?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
You are correct with it taking 2 weeks to stop working and clear your system.

As far as using a higher dose, its not gonna get into your system any faster. Some do a large dose right away, frontloading, but IMO, the test doesnt kick in any faster.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Am I right in saying it takes 5 weeks to kick in but 2 weeks to clear/stop working??? That is why post cycle therapy is recommended 2 weeks after your last injection.

Front loading with test is not too common, it will take the same amount of time to kick into you system (5-6 weeks on average) if this is your injectable cycle and you don't have any experience with orals, I would go with test-e 500mg per week pinned mon and thursday (250 each day) nolva an hcg for pct

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Front loading with test is not too common, it will take the same amount of time to kick into you system (5-6 weeks on average) if this is your injectable cycle and you don't have any experience with orals, I would go with test-e 500mg per week pinned mon and thursday (250 each day) nolva an hcg for post cycle therapy
Thanks, that all makes sense. I do have experience with orals, so I would more than likely jump start with an oral.

Would HCG be necessary with a 10 week test e cycle? I noticed a couple of other logs (hurdlemaker's comes to mind) where they are not using HCG.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, that all makes sense. I do have experience with orals, so I would more than likely jump start with an oral.

Would HCG be necessary with a 10 week test e cycle? I noticed a couple of other logs (hurdlemaker's comes to mind) where they are not using HCG.
Thats debatable.. Some say it's not needed for under a 10 week cycle with test only or test and an oral, only 12 weeks+... then again others say you should use it no matter what length. Personally? I think I'm going to save my hcg for my next cycle, berries haven't shrunk the least bit, do what feels right for you.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have you considered test prop, Travis?
Yes, but do you mean as a jump start or for the entire length of the cycle? I guess all that pinning to begin with sorta deters me a little. Prop has to be pinned every third day correct? Then the Test E twice a week. I do have experience with slin pins but not the bigger gauge required for test.....although to be honest Im not at all scared of the needles.

Oh, just thought of a quick question about pinning. Does anyone use latex gloves? Or is that just an unnecessary step?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats debatable.. Some say it's not needed for under a 10 week cycle with test only or test and an oral, only 12 weeks+... then again others say you should use it no matter what length. Personally? I think I'm going to save my hcg for my next cycle, berries haven't shrunk the least bit, do what feels right for you.
I think if I do run a test cycle I will have some on hand. I know that the "boys" do shrink more than I would like on 4 week oral cycles so I can only imagine 10 weeks on test...

jvb20

Awards
Yes, but do you mean as a jump start or for the entire length of the cycle? I guess all that pinning to begin with sorta deters me a little. Prop has to be pinned every third day correct? Then the Test E twice a week. I do have experience with slin pins but not the bigger gauge required for test.....although to be honest Im not at all scared of the needles.

Oh, just thought of a quick question about pinning. Does anyone use latex gloves? Or is that just an unnecessary step?
props pinned eod so lets say i pinned today friday i would pin again sunday and i have never used latex gloves dont see any need for it...

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I don't, I do use sterile measures. Wash my hands before, have alcohol pads for the top of the vial and my injection site, etc..

jvb20

Awards
You don't think that would be a little too painful for a 1st injectable cycle?

i used prop for my first cycle it was 8 weeks loved it, was a little painful but got used to it...

jvb20

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on the quality of the prop and/or pain tolerance. I have a high tolerance to pain.

Travis- the "bigger" gauge needles arn't that big. They are really small. 25 gauge is tiny.
Yeah I cant imagine them being very big. I need some more slin pins so I will pry just add some onto my order. Any idea what size needle they draw blood with? Those dont bother me and I'm guessing they are a little bigger.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Am I right in saying it takes 5 weeks to kick in but 2 weeks to clear/stop working??? That is why post cycle therapy is recommended 2 weeks after your last injection.

well frontloading will make it kick in quicker but that is not always a good thing. Yes, it takes a little more then twice as long to build up as it does to deplete. for the why go read this http://www.chemicalfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125 but for a first time run I would not bother. if you want a shorter cycle then ether front load (not recomended for a first cycle) or use a shorter ester (test prop)

another reason to run 12 weeks vs 8 is that the gains are often easier to keep. (some people debate this) simplely put your body has more time to adjust to the extra muscle.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well frontloading will make it kick in quicker but that is not always a good thing. Yes, it takes a little more then twice as long to build up as it does to deplete. for the why go read this http://www.chemicalfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125 but for a first time run I would not bother. if you want a shorter cycle then ether front load (not recomended for a first cycle) or use a shorter ester (test prop)

another reason to run 12 weeks vs 8 is that the gains are often easier to keep. (some people debate this) simplely put your body has more time to adjust to the extra muscle.
Good stuff, thanks! I guess I am not actually wanting to do a shorter cycle (doesn't matter to me), just was more of a curiosity questions than anything.

One question: Would jump starting with an oral also put you at a higher risk of test flu (similar to front loading)? I would assume yes?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff, thanks! I guess I am not actually wanting to do a shorter cycle (doesn't matter to me), just was more of a curiosity questions than anything.

One question: Would jump starting with an oral also put you at a higher risk of test flu (similar to front loading)? I would assume yes?
well you would think so but based on nothing but hearsay the answer is no. adding dbol or the like doesn't seem to matter. Anytime I have heard people complain of the test flu its almost always based on the injections alone. I don't know why.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what the size is..i'm gonna take a stab at it and guess 23 gauge considering I just got a good look at them in my blood drawing from hell done by some incompetent *****.:aargh:

You can run test prop for however long you want. The good thing about it is you don't have to wait as long after your last shot to start post cycle therapy.
don't hold me to this but I believe they use a 20 gauge needle for most drawings, that little butterfly one is the smallest and is a 25 gauge I think, the large one you donate blood with is a 16 (I am sure one this one)

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd go with 12 weeks. Why stop at 8 when you could gain for four more weeks. I guess you could reason that 16 or 20 would be better but I feel 12 weeks is a good duration and you will still be able to recover fairly easy pct. I've never ran longer than that so I don't know if recovery would be harder or not. Sides of 500mgs of test shouldn't give any sides except for feeling great and getting stronger everyday. You may get some bloat but that is easily controled.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Thats not "exactly" true..the test will still be fully active at least a couple weeks after the last injection,since the long ester...but don't get me wrong,12wk cycles are much more productive,I've gotten to the point where I run mine 15-16wks....I always start out thinking 12wks,but It always end up being closer to 16,...lol

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Grab you an oral for the first 4 weeks too,gets things moving while the test takes its time to kick in...drol,tbol,or dbol are all great..I'd always have to say test/dbol cycle is always a good dependable first cycle,very simple to follow,alot of fun being your first cycle and seeing those dbol gains too....:bb:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a ton of Havoc on hand. Does it even make sense to use something like this when Dbol or Tbol are not as liver toxic? I mean part of the reason I see benefits of injectables is to avoid the liver damage, so jump starting with an oral like Havoc doesn't seem like a good idea.....right?