Marijuana; the final verdict?

smc252

Awards
  • Established
I've read the propaganda and also some scientific research, but am still not sure about what is true. Hoping to get some educated medical advice from some Doctors and guys with actual experience, and not here-say...

Do cannabinoids effects the endocrine system in any way?

engival

Awards
  • Established
i have smoked pot for like 5 years and lots of it, not sure if it did damage or not

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I've smoked it for over 25 years and my health is excellent. I've yet to read anything about it affecting the endocrine system - only the brain, lungs, heart and the reproductive system may be affected.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I've read the propaganda and also some scientific research, but am still not sure about what is true. Hoping to get some educated medical advice from some Doctors and guys with actual experience, and not here-say...

Do cannabinoids effects the endocrine system in any way?
If you use a ****load of it for a long time consistently it can lower your testosterone. This based on animal studies I remember reading when I was an activist on the issue. However, even in the megadosed studies testosterone only went down slightly and was still well within the normal range.

In other words, if you have a rat don't feed him x times the human psychoactive dose for his entire life, or he may feel *****y towards the end.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
If you use a ****load of it for a long time consistently it can lower your testosterone. This based on animal studies I remember reading when I was an activist on the issue. However, even in the megadosed studies testosterone only went down slightly and was still well within the normal range.

In other words, if you have a rat don't feed him x times the human psychoactive dose for his entire life, or he may feel *****y towards the end.
NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN'T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.
The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.
The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.
Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: "It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that's
typical in the United States, doesn't alter testosterone levels."
However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other
adverse effects, including "possible effects on reproductive
function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated
with heavy, chronic use."
Block's study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im an occasional recreational user ;)

Hey, I don't drink, so let me have some fun

underrated831

Awards
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I remember when I was on a cycle of m1t every time that I smoked pot my nipples became sore and the days I did NOT smoke pot my nipples were fine.

I still personally believe thats how I got my gyno. but who knows?

smc252

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I remember when I was on a cycle of m1t every time that I smoked pot my nipples became sore and the days I did NOT smoke pot my nipples were fine.

I still personally believe thats how I got my gyno. but who knows?
M1T is a pretty harsh compound! I hope you ran proper post cycle therapy!

I've been having issues with puffy nipples, but I am hypothyroid and am pretty sure it's from the hypothyroidism messing with TRH.
I can squeeze them and a TINY TINY bit of liquid comes out. Not much, but still enough to worry me. There is no hard gyno-like tissue, but there is some pseudo gyno-type fat. My doc never called me about my prolactin test 2 weeks ago, hopefully it came out okay.

I've got some IGF-1 I was considering for weight loss, but I read it can aggrevate prolactin issues! I know this is not the forum to ask about IGF-1. Nobody has answered me about this elsewhere though, so if anyone has any "hypothetical" answers that would be nice... :) I will eventually ask my doc about it, I am very upfront and honest when it comes to my health!

So for now I just gotta deal with getting chubby. *sigh*
:donut:

I've used MJ for the past 5yrs to help my chronic pain, and not once had any issues with gyno or estrogen. I don't think it's my problem, but you never know.

jerz912

jerz912

Awards
Aw man is weed great after a really intense workout to relax the muscles and build up the appetite!!!! gotta love it :head:

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
As long as you have a PCT for the weed you should be okay. I like to do a 2-3 bottles of beer if available just for preventive measures.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
As long as you have a post cycle therapy for the weed you should be okay. I like to do a 2-3 bottles of beer if available just for preventive measures.
Might have guessed as much given your name.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you have a post cycle therapy for the weed you should be okay. I like to do a 2-3 bottles of beer if available just for preventive measures.
sounds like a good cycle but i think your post cycle is a little weak.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
i smoked pot for over 12 years and started at a very young age 13
to start with it was just an add joint then i started buying more, but sometimes i would not smoke it for weeks or even months at a time then when i was 19 i started to smoke large amounts everyday, it did not really effect me at the time but when i did not smoke it i got very moody, and now years on i get very paranoid it is getting better but it was so bad i would not go out with out a knife, i dont know if it was the pot and dont think it effects every one like this, i think a joint now and again is fine,
the law are changing and you can now get a fine for smokking it in public they now even have signs in amsterdam where it is ban,

bishop17

Banned
Awards
I agree man I get paranoid like a motha now.....Actually it depends where I'm at...But my body temperature always drops now....never use to be like that....

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
I think weed works differently on people, just as steroids and other drugs do.

I think in some cases weed definitely is doing something wacky to some people's hormone levels. I know guys who smoked like chimneys and still look like boys, i.e. no body hair, still have baby fat, etc.

Of course then I had a college roomate who played div. 1 football, smoked a lot, and was ripped as hell.

For me, if I moderately smoke, its nothing but good. I drink less, sleep better, and have a better attitude.

But if I start going hog wild, a whole host of undesirable sides appear.

Anyways...guess its something everyone has to find out for him/herself.

PimpinLow98

Awards
Im on a cycle of hemaguno rite now do you think its ok to smoke while on the cycle. Im like 2 1/2 weeks into it and have been smoking like everyday and havent really got any results ive gained like 6 pounds but dont see it at all. Do you think smoking is effecting my cycle.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
Im on a cycle of hemaguno rite now do you think its ok to smoke while on the cycle. Im like 2 1/2 weeks into it and have been smoking like everyday and havent really got any results ive gained like 6 pounds but dont see it at all. Do you think smoking is effecting my cycle.
i think its ok too smoke on cycle as long as its at the end of the day and not before you train, if you have gained 6 ibs but dont see it check your measuments