Convince me to not (or to, your choice) do my first cycle

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So heres what i was thinking. A cut/recomp with epistane or epidrol in a pulse as per Dr D as follows

wk 1 10/20/30
wk 2 30-40 (depending on how it feels, plus progress)
wk 3 30-40
wk 4 30-40
wk 5 0
wk 6 0
wk 7 30-40
wk 8 30-40
wk 9 30-40
wk 10 30-40

Basically only reason for 10 weeks is to finish a whole bottle. If it makes more sense to take a longer break, i'm ok on that as well. If I experience no significant sides, I would do only herbal PCT - powerFull (which for its HGH I would consider taking on the cycle), tribulus/fadogia, NOW liver detoxifier,etc. The only other items I was thinking of taking ON the cycle would be Retain 2(or possibly 11-oxo at the low dosage, just for the cortisol support) + cissus, which would also be continued for at least 4 weeks post cycle. If I do experience significant sides, i'd of course do significant PCT. I have low cholesterol (128 total as of mid may, can't recall the hdl/ldl specifically offhand,but excellent), decent bp (120/80), 5'9.5", 204ish, around 20% bf, 39 years old. I can eat clean no problem, can easily do 10 25g pure isolate shakes a day spread 45-60 min apart, and probably would be doing 15-20g of BCAAs pre-intra-post workouts as well, plus some whole food. I work partially from home, and my office I have microwave + fridge, so no sweat for when I do go in. I'm already doing m/w/f serious strength workouts, combined with (right now) hard cardio daily. My goal would be to end up over the 10 weeks loosing 10 pounds, while increasing LBM by 10. Given what i've been working out like, i'd be taking in 2500 cal a day to do this (as given my normal workout breakeven is around 3000 a day, and trying to just drop weight right now i've been taking in around 1400).

I'm mainly considering this as i'm starting to really plateau mentally (not so much physically). My motivation is failing, i'm having a hard time sustaining the mental energy to keep up with the physical effort, as I feel like i'm not going to reach my goals in the timeframe I set. I'm probably just a jackass really, and should have more patience. Hence the title of this post...

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
I think if you need someone else to convince you to do something you may not be ready to do it.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You sound ready for it but if you are on the fence, hold off a little longer and then commit.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think if you need someone else to convince you to do something you may not be ready to do it.
Its more the reverse really. I'm ready to do it. I have a shopping cart ready with the materials in it, picked overnite shipping to have by tuesday, just have to click checkout :D

I'm more looking for the opinions of people who think its a bad idea :) Its a light cycle, with a relatively low sides material so healthwise its not horrifying. It would also be my first, so i'm likely to see good gains even from a light pulsed cycle. Part of my rush to at least buy it now is that with all the chris benoit nonsense, we could a fresh new round of laws passed making epistand/epidrol/havoc disappear, so that adds at least to me a little bit of a rush. And if i've already bought it, theres no point in holding on to it, may as well dive right in :D Its not like it will be any safer or have any different effect if I wait another 6 months or year before i take it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im gonna tell yo mama
I think i'll be ok with that ;) My wife isn't so superthrilled with the idea, partially because she wants to have a 3rd kid and is afraid "something could happen" if I do this. Also since i'm getting close to 40, she's worried about heart attacks.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Run a low dose, quick four weeks cycle with adequate PCT to see how you like it and how you respond. Start with lower doses, no need to take high doses until your body stops responding to the lower dose.

Back off on the protein shakes, 10/day is over overkill.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
You should absolutely love Epistane at those dosages. Although anything below 20mg isn't really worth it for muscle building. If you are going to start low, then start at 20mg. I would also recommend using toremifene as your SERM.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I would cut a little and get your bf down before hitting up the epi, or just use the epi to cut. May some clen/ketotifen for 8 weeks while cycling carbs. Trust me you will feel and look MUCH better if you keep bf in check.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pick something elese

I say try and find something elese to run. Either that or try an EVO cut stack from ALRI. Wait till 3AD comes out. For me I have no problem gaining, so I would rather use something help me maintain muscle while I try to lose fat. You are consuming way to many protein drinks. That will definitely hinder your fat loss. You do sound like you are in a rush to do this. You can keep it in the back of your mind, but get you diet going better as you said you have hit a plateau.(sp.?). Once you are losing fat consistantly and everything is going acording to plan, then make that choice if you want. Also I would not do a pulse cycle if I were you. I just don't agree with the method. Thats my opinion though, take it for what its worth...