Non steroidal gyno(or?) advice needed.

StarGazer

Awards
First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone on AM. This is my first post here but I've been browsing the forums for aproximately 8 months now. You've guys really taught me alot about training, nutrition and supplements. Thank you all.

So, let's get down to business, shall we? I have developed a small soar lump under my right nipple and I fear it's some form of gyno. I havn't used any steroids, except hydrocortisone for my allergy (that was a joke, haha). Anyways, since I'm 19, I'm too old to develop pubertal gyno (right?).

If I squeeze the nipple hard enough, some waterish fluid comes out. Just a tiny little bit but it still worries me that I might be lactating. I guess there is a possibility that it's an irritated lymph-gland but I've had it for weeks now and the swelling and soarness isn't going down.

Naturally this is the time where you all tell me to go see a doctor, and believe me I would if I could but I'm kind of in an odd situation. The doctor I would be going to then is my father (yep). He's well aware of my bodybuilding and supplement testing so he would instantly think I've done steroids, and since I still live at home (am going to join the army in the winter) I fear getting thrown out, or what not.

Haha, but this is not all, I can't go to another doctor since the other doctor is a good friend of me and my family. So basically, I'm f*****.

My plan is waiting another couple of weeks to see if it really is a swollen lymph-gland or gyno, and if it is do a cycle of epistane to get rid of the gyno without seeing a doctor. I know I'm only 19 and I might seriously hurt my future test-levels but I'm really really out of ideas.

I want to hear from you if this is an OK idea at all( I know it's reckless, but what can I do?)?

Opinions, help, anything?

Thanks

smc252

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo is called a suicide inhibitor. I have not read of it converting into any sort of androgen, not sure if that is true or not. I assume not, though .

Testosterone is naturally converted to a small ammount of estrogens, through an enzyme called aromatase. 6-OXO stops this conversion from happening. The thing is, even men NEED some estrogen to function correctly. Low estrogen = no erections in some, even.
I am thinking that you could have suppressed your estrogens to nearly 0, and then had some sort of rebound effect when you went off OXO
Did you titrate off, or just stop taking them?

How much do you weigh?

How much did you take and how often?

This is what you must do. Be upfront and honest, write down all the supplements you have used. If you can't show your current Dr., find a new one. YOU DO KNOW, that there is patient/doctor confidentiality, right? He can not speak of your private conversations, or else you could sue him. You MUST be upfront about everything. Get this blood test:

total testosterone
free testosterone
estradiol (maybe estrone as well)
shbg
prolactin
progesterone

Also check your thyroid (as hypothyroidism and gyno can go hand-in-hand)

free t3
free t4
TSH (And I hope your doctor knows AACE uses a .3-3.0 range. Most docs even say anything over a 2.0 for men, can point towards hypothyroidism.)

And check anything else he deems necessary. Your problem most likely will only get worse, so get this done ASAP. You may not have caused it, it's hard to tell. I read that 1/3 guys get gyno at one point in their life!

Feel free to msg me,
Steve

StarGazer

Awards
6-oxo is called a suicide inhibitor. I have not read of it converting into any sort of androgen, not sure if that is true or not. I assume not, though .

Testosterone is naturally converted to a small ammount of estrogens, through an enzyme called aromatase. 6-OXO stops this conversion from happening. The thing is, even men NEED some estrogen to function correctly. Low estrogen = no erections in some, even.
I am thinking that you could have suppressed your estrogens to nearly 0, and then had some sort of rebound effect when you went off OXO
Did you titrate off, or just stop taking them?

How much do you weigh?

How much did you take and how often?

This is what you must do. Be upfront and honest, write down all the supplements you have used. If you can't show your current Dr., find a new one. YOU DO KNOW, that there is patient/doctor confidentiality, right? He can not speak of your private conversations, or else you could sue him. You MUST be upfront about everything. Get this blood test:

total testosterone
free testosterone
estradiol (maybe estrone as well)
shbg
prolactin
progesterone

Also check your thyroid (as hypothyroidism and gyno can go hand-in-hand)

free t3
free t4
TSH (And I hope your doctor knows AACE uses a .3-3.0 range. Most docs even say anything over a 2.0 for men, can point towards hypothyroidism.)

And check anything else he deems necessary. Your problem most likely will only get worse, so get this done ASAP. You may not have caused it, it's hard to tell. I read that 1/3 guys get gyno at one point in their life!

Feel free to msg me,
Steve
Oh sorry, I mistook 6-bromodione for 6-oxo. Heh, sorry if I scared some of you forum-lurkers.

I weigh 184 pounds, been training for little more than a year now. Gained about 30 pounds. Been pretty serious about my training but really serious this spring/summer.

I did a short 3-4 week cycle of Forza T last august. That's like 3 pills a day. I'm not sure how many mg's a day that translates into but not that much. Like 400-600mg somethingish.

Don't think I tapered of at the end of the cycle, but I thought that wasn't a problem since 6-oxo is supposed to be a mild AI.

Oh well, what do you do? I guess I just have to go to the damn doctor and get my nipples cut open. Hah.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
It could be you just have higher levels of E and certain things can set off the discomfort. Some people have those small lumps but never notice until the inflammation starts. You can go the route of a doctor and that would be my suggestion if you have access since you could have something they may find as the reason and a checkup is always a good thing in my book.

Strategic

Awards
First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone on AM. This is my first post here but I've been browsing the forums for aproximately 8 months now. You've guys really taught me alot about training, nutrition and supplements. Thank you all.

So, let's get down to business, shall we? I have developed a small soar lump under my right nipple and I fear it's some form of gyno. I havn't used any steroids, except hydrocortisone for my allergy (that was a joke, haha). Anyways, since I'm 19, I'm too old to develop pubertal gyno (right?). After reading all these horror-threads about 6-oxo metabolizing into an androgen I fear I'm a victim of delayed gyno due to my Forza-T cycle I did nearly one year ago.

If I squeeze the nipple hard enough, some waterish fluid comes out. Just a tiny little bit but it still worries me that I might be lactating. I guess there is a possibility that it's an irritated lymph-gland but I've had it for weeks now and the swelling and soarness isn't going down.

Naturally this is the time where you all tell me to go see a doctor, and believe me I would if I could but I'm kind of in an odd situation. The doctor I would be going to then is my father (yep). He's well aware of my bodybuilding and supplement testing so he would instantly think I've done steroids, and since I still live at home (am going to join the army in the winter) I fear getting thrown out, or what not.

Haha, but this is not all, I can't go to another doctor since the other doctor is a good friend of me and my family. So basically, I'm f*****.

My plan is waiting another couple of weeks to see if it really is a swollen lymph-gland or gyno, and if it is do a cycle of epistane to get rid of the gyno without seeing a doctor. I know I'm only 19 and I might seriously hurt my future test-levels but I'm really really out of ideas.

I want to hear from you if this is an OK idea at all( I know it's reckless, but what can I do?)?

Opinions, help, anything?

Thanks

smc is right. No doctor cannot discuss your medical status with anyone unless you give prior authorization, so definitly make an appointment.

Also, 19 is still young enough where your gyno could be the result of natural hormone imbalances.

Good luck, let us what the doc says.

StarGazer

Awards
Okay, so yesterday I talked to two doctors who are close friends of mine. They told me to wait 1-2 weeks to see if the swelling subsides. If it doesn't they'll do bloodtests on me and operate out the gyno.

I am going to see the doctor again tomorrow (to hang out) and I'm gonna see if I can get a prescription of nolvadex meanwhile.

Oh I forgot, when I first developed the lump I had a mental crash, and became VERY depressed for no reason. Almost suicidal. That is very unlike me who is almost always very happy no matter what. I have also put on alot of fat and water these past weeks without changing my diet. It's almost as if I had a post AAS cycle crash without using AAS. Weird.

Anyways, that's all to report right now.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so yesterday I talked to two doctors who are close friends of mine. They told me to wait 1-2 weeks to see if the swelling subsides. If it doesn't they'll do bloodtests on me and operate out the gyno.

I am going to see the doctor again tomorrow (to hang out) and I'm gonna see if I can get a prescription of nolvadex meanwhile.

Oh I forgot, when I first developed the lump I had a mental crash, and became VERY depressed for no reason. Almost suicidal. That is very unlike me who is almost always very happy no matter what. I have also put on alot of fat and water these past weeks without changing my diet. It's almost as if I had a post anabolic steroids cycle crash without using AAS. Weird.

Anyways, that's all to report right now.
Sounds like an obvious hormonal imballance to me.

Estrogen is probably pretty high, it really screws with your emotions.. I mean.. look how women act! :) I would advise you to just stay away from liquor and anything with lots of soy for the time being. I would opt for the bloodwork RIGHT NOW, I mean.. why wait!?

I've got hypothyroidism and my nipples are really puffy, and fatty. (Maybe pseudo-gyno?) There is no hard tissue, but it really ****s up my confidence and gets me pretty depressed a lot of the time. Just keep your head up, you'll get through it.

-Steve

StarGazer

Awards
Sounds like an obvious hormonal imballance to me.

Estrogen is probably pretty high, it really screws with your emotions.. I mean.. look how women act! :) I would advise you to just stay away from liquor and anything with lots of soy for the time being. I would opt for the bloodwork RIGHT NOW, I mean.. why wait!?

I've got hypothyroidism and my nipples are really puffy, and fatty. (Maybe pseudo-gyno?) There is no hard tissue, but it really ****s up my confidence and gets me pretty depressed a lot of the time. Just keep your head up, you'll get through it.

-Steve
Well, unfortunately I don't live in the US so healthcare is quite different here in Sweden. I can't go and get bloodwork just like that, but the upside is that our healthcare is free. Anyways, the doctors (neither my friends nor family) will prescribe tamoxifen citrate to me, or any other SERM since in Sweden we don't treat gyno except by surgery, and that's only on very few people. I won't even get an AI. Basically they say I have wait till it subsides (if it subsides?) or live with it. So again, I'm ****ed.

Oh and in Sweden it's illegal to import research chems so I can't get nolva from the net either.

I almost forgot to mention. I'm beginning to develop a lump under my right nipple aswell. Does anyone have any good idea of what to do?

Last edited: