What I've Learned...

POTR33

POTR33

Awards
Steer clear of any anabolic steroids products, unless you can honestly say yes to all of the following:

1. My diet is top notch.
2. My training is top notch.
3. I'm over 25, and I've been training and dieting properly for a number of years. I've plateaued, and am looking for more... I've done my research, and understand the tradeoffs of taking anabolic steroids.

-Tinytoad
This is very well put. That should be a sticky alone.

This got me thinking about how I started and where I am now. I remember endlessly researching and asking a myriad of questions wherever I could. This is what I've learned after 2+ years of cycles with SD/PP/PS - hopefully it can help anyone thinking of starting up. If not, I'm bored and this is better than working :)

I would add to the above list by TinyToad - 4. I have a good heart and liver history in my family. One should also analyze their first cycle, get bloodwork after post cycle therapy and 1-2 months later to make sure your body returns to normal levels. If it does not, you should probably not do any more cycles unless you are willing to accept the detrimental health effects.

I've done 5 cycles now over 2.5 years, and have tweaked each one based on the previous. Each cycle has been unique, but all great. Overall I have gained 20 very solid pounds (ones that I have kept) and increased my overall strength about 20-30% across the board (i.e. each lift). This is significant since my normal training had leveled out to about 2-3% increases in each lift per annum. I took both SD and PP last cycle, which yielded more great gains - but it does take a toll. By week 4, I am very much ready to stop.

But I've found that good PCT leads to even more gains, not leveling off. My best performance comes about 6 weeks into a full cycle (4 weeks SD/PP and 4 weeks PCT).

And yes, you can maintain the gains - but you have to work for it. 3 things - smart training, smart diet, and solid PCT - if you need these explained then you're not ready for SD, PP, or anything of the sort.

To be most successful with either SD or PP, you must continually analyze and tweak and have an affinity for trial and error. Even with solid research, your body is a guinea pig, every body reacts differently - remember this and proceed with caution. Make a daily journal, note the sides and effects, and be willing to stop a cycle and move to PCT if:
1) Your body just can't take it anymore
2) Life events (unusual stress, inability to train and eat properly, family emergency, etc.)
3) You're unable to religiously follow your cycle (i.e. taking your supports and such regularly, training consistently, and keeping a clean diet)

Just because some tool on here says "I take 40mg of SD for 6 weeks with no PCT or SERM and feel great"
1) doesn't mean it's true and
2) even if somehow true - in no way suggests you can do it

Some may not label these as "real steroids", and I won't argue that here, but I will say that both of these have REAL results but also REAL side effects. These will fvck you up if you don't respect them and your body. Take your supports and PCT as seriously as your cycle and your training.

This has been a public service announcement; I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

-POTR33
:clean:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
excellent post bro, all true

what do you think makes a PCT solid enough to keep the gains coming? Obviously you want to keep cals up, but is there anything besides the SERM, support supps, and creatine that you've added to a PCT with great success? I ask because i once read that the secret to a great PCT is throwing in a ton of supplements.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Double up on the good post.

Im curious about blood work. It just doesnt seem like many here do it, or if they do they arent posting it. Maybe its the cost or whatever, but I know if I do another cycle I will get blood work done everytime.

POTR33

POTR33

Awards
excellent post bro, all true

what do you think makes a post cycle therapy solid enough to keep the gains coming? Obviously you want to keep cals up, but is there anything besides the SERM, support supps, and creatine that you've added to a post cycle therapy with great success? I ask because i once read that the secret to a great PCT is throwing in a ton of supplements.
I love adding ActivaTe, Lean Xtreme (or Retain), and HMB. ActivaTe especially, that stuff rocks tits. Especially during the final weeks of PCT. I like to keep cals up but starting to ramp down my training a bit, so that I'm resting the joints that I hit so hard during a cycle. I've always responded well to HMB, especially when I gain good weight and want to keep it.

I also find that my PR's in the various lifts come in about week six (2 weeks into PCT), because the Retain, Rebound, and DHEA are still creating quite the anabolic effect - and I've been resting (due to rampdown in training) so my body is in optimal shape to hit big lifts.

I usually only use a SERM in week one of PCT, because that's all my body seems to need. I don't suggest this for everyone, most people need to hit the SERM for at least 2 weeks of PCT.

DHEA seems to be missing from some PCT's, but this is great for PCT (for me at least). I personally do a 200/200/100/100mg routine with DHEA. I started this after reading a Dr. D post during my 2nd cycle. Again, tweak, tweak, and tweak some more - find what your body responds best to.

:squat: