For pinners + oral PH users with kids

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you (or do you) explain it to them? I'm not being judgemental, i'm considering both myself, pinning primarily only to avoid liver issues with oral PHs. Not something I'm planning on doing even in 07, probably 08 or later. But I have an 11 year old daughter, and well, drugs are drugs, particularly if I pin. So i'm trying to think through how I would or if I can come up with an answer. Its hard enough to explain the pile of different vitamins/supplements as it is, i'm really unsure how to explain a needle.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
How do you (or do you) explain it to them? I'm not being judgemental, i'm considering both myself, pinning primarily only to avoid liver issues with oral PHs. Not something I'm planning on doing even in 07, probably 08 or later. But I have an 11 year old daughter, and well, drugs are drugs, particularly if I pin. So i'm trying to think through how I would or if I can come up with an answer. Its hard enough to explain the pile of different vitamins/supplements as it is, i'm really unsure how to explain a needle.
I have two little girls (6 and 4) and was posed with the same problem. I chose just to use orals. To ME that's the only choice. In my opinion, if you "normalize" needle usage to your daughter(s) they won't even flinch when they start dating a guy who uses heroin or something.

So my advice would be to either do a couple of oral cycles per year (plenty of time off to heal up the liver) or use the 'pulse' method and make the cycles longer.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not about that, its about being honest when I talk to them. If I get a "daddy how come you don't enter competitions like the ones in the magazines you read" answering "because I use something that disqualifies me from entering" will be hard to say. At least the 2 kids so far are girls, so thats easier for me. But I wonder how it would be with a boy? a 14-6 year old wanting to get bigger to "be like daddy".

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
Its not about that, its about being honest when I talk to them. If I get a "daddy how come you don't enter competitions like the ones in the magazines you read" answering "because I use something that disqualifies me from entering" will be hard to say. At least the 2 kids so far are girls, so thats easier for me. But I wonder how it would be with a boy? a 14-6 year old wanting to get bigger to "be like daddy".
You don't tell them until their adults. Simple. Would you be 'honest' with your kids about EVERY stupid, illegal, or immoral thing that you've ever done?

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
it comes to the same wit me and my fiance she knows what i do. i dont inject cuz she dont want me too. so i repsect that i just cycle smart and give her detailed logs of what i am taking so if sumthing goes wrong and i end up in the hospital she knows what is is i have been doing

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there is no need to tell your daughter about what you are doing.

I would certainly consider it a white lie if i were in your shoes. you are responsible and educated enough to know what you are doing. Your daughter is not, and all of the information she has heard on the subject in school is doom and gloom, death and woe. you do not want to appear to be a "junkie" to your daughter, which is what the *******s in her D.A.R.E. program have probably conditioned her to think.

rickeepoo

Awards

I would certainly consider it a white lie if i were in your shoes. you are responsible and educated enough to know what you are doing. Your daughter is not, and all of the information she has heard on the subject in school is doom and gloom, death and woe. you do not want to appear to be a "junkie" to your daughter, which is what the *******s in her D.A.R.E. program have probably conditioned her to think.
Exactly! God, I had a cigar the other day (Cuban Montecrisco number 2 baby!!) and my kindergarten aged daughter came up to me and said, " why are you doing drugs??? Cigar is a drug!!" The friggin' D.A.R.E. program!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The cigar thing is a little over the top but...

Don't you think that if you tell her little white lies, she will catch you in some now and then (which inevitably happens). And then won't she believe its fine to do the same to you? Whats the harm right? She knows more than you do about what the world is really like nowadays, you are just an old fuddy duddy.

I'm not attacking you rickeepoo, you just happen to be conveniently here :) I really have no idea what to do, as my daughter is finally getting old enough that I have to worry about what she does as well. And I'm worried about sending her down a bad path, and having a problem reconciling my own life and desires with the lessons I want to teach her.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
The cigar thing is a little over the top but...

Don't you think that if you tell her little white lies, she will catch you in some now and then (which inevitably happens). And then won't she believe its fine to do the same to you? Whats the harm right? She knows more than you do about what the world is really like nowadays, you are just an old fuddy duddy.

I'm not attacking you rickeepoo, you just happen to be conveniently here :) I really have no idea what to do, as my daughter is finally getting old enough that I have to worry about what she does as well. And I'm worried about sending her down a bad path, and having a problem reconciling my own life and desires with the lessons I want to teach her.
I understand the thinking behind that type of "open" philosophy. But where do you draw the line? Do you tell your kids that, "Yes, I've taken extacy while in Amsterdam and humped, like, seven whores in the Red Light District."? Nothing bad happened, I'm not addicted to drugs or whores....so what good does it do to tell kids something like that? What message does that send? I don't want my kids doing crap like that.

In your instance, I don't see any reason to even bring the subject up. If you can use your needle in private, why come out and say what type of supplementation your doing? If she asks why your not in bb competitions, just tell her that your too busy spending time with her.

I'm just saying that there is no open that can of worms. An eleven-year-old is not sophisticated enough to be able to comprehend "safe AS use". And kids have enough complicated rules in their lives. Don't add, drugs are bad...and yes...steroids ARE bad...BUT I know what I'm doing...uh...etc, etc. See what I mean?

Like with my kids...the rule is DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE OR THE DOOR. I'm not going to complicate their minds by saying it's ok to answer the door if you look outside and see it's someone you know...etc. Sorry to ramble...but I think this is a good discussion.

(by the way...rickeepoo1 = rickeepoo. you probably figured that out already)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you feel it would be in their best interest NOT to know, don't tell 'em.

For reason's that are beyond my comprehension or understanding, there's a great number of people who look up to me. The fact that I get up and do squats at 4:30 in the morning, or the fact that I contently eat a nasty assed can of chunk-lite tuna instead of one of these :pizza: for lunch. For whatever reason, a lot of people I know value my strong levels of commitment/discipline and the results that come from it. It seems many of them often look up to it as a sign of hope/motivation to work on their dieting/exercising, and they'll often tell me about the new routines/diets they're doing. It is in my believe that I've helped people feel better about themselves by teaching them how to diet, exercise, and stay motivated. Whether or not you feel like I'm talking out of my ass, is your opinion, but this is the general message I get.

Bottom line is that (I believe) their respect was earned from my high level of discipline and the results it has gotten me. If they were to discover my use of anabolics, this would certainly skew their opinions of me because for some reason the media has portrayed anabolics as "the easy way out". Well I've been cycling on and off for about a year now, and let me tell ya, nothing seems to have gotten easier :D