CT Scan while on cycle

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was planning on starting my Mega-H (i.e. Halodrol) cycle this week and found out yesterday that I've been scheduled for a CT scan.

The test was ordered a few weeks back as part of my physical to assess any potential weakness in my aorta (sp.)...I'm not having any problems but my father died prematurely at the age of 49 from a burst aorta and the doc wanted to rule out any genetic passing of this condition.

Prior to the CT scan, I will have to drink something called contrast which is a dye of some sort. So now I'm wondering if I should hold off on my cycle or if this test will have any impact one way or another.

Appreciate the help fellas.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I also had the the same test for the same condition and the doc told me not to lift weights until I was cleared. I would wait until your test to do anything, raising your blood pressure by lifting or steroids could kill if you have an aortic problem. I think this guy had the same problem you are being tested for: Muscle Mayhem Bodybuilding Forums - Kris Dim Heart Attack. Even if you are cleared I would seriously think about using steroids if the raise your blood pressure and take plenty of supps to keep your connective tissue strong such as magnesium.

BE SAFE!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was planning on starting my Mega-H (i.e. Halodrol) cycle this week and found out yesterday that I've been scheduled for a CT scan.

The test was ordered a few weeks back as part of my physical to assess any potential weakness in my aorta (sp.)...I'm not having any problems but my father died prematurely at the age of 49 from a burst aorta and the doc wanted to rule out any genetic passing of this condition.

Prior to the CT scan, I will have to drink something called contrast which is a dye of some sort. So now I'm wondering if I should hold off on my cycle or if this test will have any impact one way or another.

Appreciate the help fellas.
If your having a CT scan to rule out aortic aneurysm in either your chest or abdomen they should be using iv contrast not po(drinking it) to assess the integrity of the vessel wall. The labs they will be looking at prior to the exam will be your BUN and Creatinine to assess your renal(kidney) function due to the contrasts excretion via the kidneys, If i were you i would hold out and get the scan done first. Hope this helped :D

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also had the the same test for the same condition and the doc told me not to lift weights until I was cleared. I would wait until your test to do anything, raising your blood pressure by lifting or steroids could kill if you have an aortic problem.
Thanks for the reply. I am putting off my cycle until after the CT scan.

This was my first physical since I was a teenager and I've been lifting weights and doing martial arts since I was in my early twenties. If I have this condition, well then I've potentially been aggravating it for over 15 years!

Oh yeah, I recently (January 2007) ran a Phera-plex/Mega-ZOL cycle for about 30 days. I hope everything checks out okay.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your having a CT scan to rule out aortic aneurysm in either your chest or abdomen they should be using iv contrast not po(drinking it) to assess the integrity of the vessel wall.

If i were you i would hold out and get the scan done first. Hope this helped :D
Thanks for the correction. I've put off the cycle until after the scan. Appreciate the reply.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the correction. I've put off the cycle until after the scan. Appreciate the reply.
No problem glad to help