Strength loss post cycle

gabber

gabber

Awards
I know why your strength goes down after a cycle but can anyone tell me are you better off training (and not having ther required test to repair the muscles as normal) or leaving training and taking a rest period (which would enable you not to damage fibres while there is an undesirable hormone balance in the body), you could plan this far in advance so that it coincides with your rest period that you were due anyway. So basically which one do you think is better to adopt?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I know why your strength goes down after a cycle but can anyone tell me are you better off training (and not having ther required test to repair the muscles as normal) or leaving training and taking a rest period (which would enable you not to damage fibres while there is an undesirable hormone balance in the body), you could plan this far in advance so that it coincides with your rest period that you were due anyway. So basically which one do you think is better to adopt?
I dont know if I would take a rest period, but I would change my training split. If you train the way you do when are on cycle, you will deffinately be over training coming off cycle. So I think the concept should be adopted to lighten up the training a little bit, but I dont know if it would be beneficial to completely take a break. I would just listen to your body. WHen you start to fatigue in the gym, stop. Dont try to push harder than your body is willing to go. Its a very crucial time, so just listen to your body. Just speaking off of the top of my head here, and I might not be able to convey my point, but I think that going with heavier weights on major lifts may help you maintane more muscle coming off. For me at least, high reps are what fatigue my muscle the fastest. SO, if you were to do say 5-6 sets of high wieght, low reps, and then another 7-10 sets of moderate rep sets, I think that this could be beneficial post cycle. Again, I am just speaking out my *** right now.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
When you lift a whole host of things happen (IGF release & upregulation, increased glycogen and amino update, etc.) that shift the anabolism/catabolism balance in the anabolic direction. Sure, you're recovery isn't as good, so you don't want to overdo it. But it's not like all these anabolic processes stop completely just because your natty test is low.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's also why igf-1 use is so popular during this period..also try to keep your caloric intake on the high side,and limit cardio sessions to Very little....as cortisol becomes a rather dominant hormone at this time as well..and adding creatine ethyl ester will help keep some water weight on to...hope this helps

gabber

gabber

Awards
Great stuff thanks guys. I will keep training but change my routing and won't overdo it. I have been recommended that if I cannot get a SERM that I should use Mass fx and Advanced PCT (or 6-oxo). I understand that the Mass fx function is to get test going again and advanced pct is to keep the estogen regulated. I hope this is what really happens but maybe you can tell me if I'm totally off the mark. Hopefully with the Mass fx effect will be able to train a little harder too whilst not overdoing it :)

gabber

gabber

Awards
Yeah I'm fully aware of this and it has crossed my find several times but not going to try it this time. It won't arrive in time anyway :p

So if anyone can tell me if I'm correct about the mass fx working plz let me know.

If it does work can you also tell me would tribulus do a similar job? I could double dose it for the first week I reckon.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm fully aware of this and it has crossed my find several times but not going to try it this time. It won't arrive in time anyway :p

So if anyone can tell me if I'm correct about the mass fx working plz let me know.

If it does work can you also tell me would tribulus do a similar job? I could double dose it for the first week I reckon.
in theory, tribulus would do a similar job..but there is no reasearch stating that trib works...i think its a waste of money..along with fenugreek and a ton of other stuff out there...i would opt for massfx

gabber

gabber

Awards
I will just give you my personal experience about tribulus and I was using it for years. I found it gets your libido through the roof and beyond, my strength gains were more than usual (natural) and I felt short tempered with people and situations. Somethings going on and it seems pretty typical of a testosterone rise. I'm only giving you my experience.

If it isn't what it's supposed to be then I will opt for the mass fx. It looks like it will do the trick :)