Injection Pain

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
I've read that it's normal for a first pinning to be almost crippling. What if the site is also a bit swollen, pink, and warm to the touch? Could it still be infected if there is no fever and sterile techniques were used (considering that the injectee was probably shaking like a leaf during the injection)?

OK to lift through the pain?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long ago was the injection and what was injected? I'm not an expert with this stuff, but that sounds like an infection; hopefully I'm wrong though.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Injections hurt. Intramuscular ones especially. Pain can last hours, days if done improper.

If it is not leaking any fluid, swollen, or red then it is probably not infected.

I recommend anyone learn them self some skills before trying again.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...If it is not leaking any fluid, swollen, or red then it is probably not infected.
Hey Nelix, he said:

What if the site is also a bit swollen, pink, and warm to the touch?
Are you saying that sounds like it is infected then?

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
How long ago was the injection and what was injected?
Test E 250mg/mL injected Sunday night.

If it is not leaking any fluid, swollen, or red then it is probably not infected.
It is slightly swollen and faintly pink. There is no sign of any fluid.

I recommend anyone learn them self some skills before trying again.
How can you get skills except through experience?

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
I don't think it is an infection because the pain started immediately after injecting.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a doctor.

Pink is not really red, if the colour gets darker see a nurse.
Is it getting bigger?
Do you feel sick?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Is it an IM injection? Or sub?
Make sure you hit the muscle and not veins or anything else for that matter (if blood enters the syringe you are doing it wrong).

Don't inject too fast, you will cause more bruising.

It sounds like you bruised your self. You'll do better next time, try find some texts and diagrams around, not too hard to find.

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
Pink is not really red, if the colour gets darker see a nurse.
Is it getting bigger?
Do you feel sick?
It is definitely pink and it doesn't seem to be getting bigger. I don't feel sick at all. Actually a bit more energetic than usual.

Is it an IM injection? Or sub?
Make sure you hit the muscle and not veins or anything else for that matter (if blood enters the syringe you are doing it wrong).

Don't inject too fast, you will cause more bruising.
Delt injection, not in a vein. Definitely possible that the injection was too fast.

You'll do better next time, try find some texts and diagrams around, not too hard to find.
I read every damn thing I could find. That didn't calm my nerves any.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are fine.
Injecting things into your muscles hurts, learn to love it.
Take a deep breath and exhale and as you exhale slowly push, by the time you run out of air it should be done.

Good luck! I hope you feel a little bit less stressed now.

I remember the first time I (the proverbial I, as in someone who is not me) pushed Ketamine, I had a lump for a month, not deep enough... Too fast... No luck!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Definitely sounds like you may have injected too fast... moving the needled around will cause some pain as well. Think about it, the edge of the needle is like a sharp knife, when it moves around it's slicing up tissue... this will cause some pain. If it's not getting worse, you don't have a fever, etc... it sounds fine. They'll get easier and less nerve-racking.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
The end of the needle is a crescent moon shape, then the skin stretches around the rest of the needle, interesting!

BTW what gauge?

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
25 gauge, and I still thought it was too big. But this morning the pain and swelling are 90% gone, although it's still pink. Thanks guys for the reassurance.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phew! Good to hear. I used to work at a gym and one of my co-workers got an infection via injection...it wasn't pretty!

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Try something bigger, as weird as that sounds, it will distribute over a larger surface area, it might be better, it might be worse, see how you go.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
try quads or glutes... my friend gets the same thing in his delts every single time he trys them..oil tended to ball up in there and not disperse properly

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
Yeah, I think ventroglutes might be a better choice. We'll see how that goes and if it still sucks maybe move up to a bigger needle.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think ventroglutes might be a better choice. We'll see how that goes and if it still sucks maybe move up to a bigger needle.
mix in some Icy Hot and heroin - I hear that works :blink: