insulin and slin faq

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
insulin and slin info got it from dangerous grounds on another boardInsulin
Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas which helps to regulate glucose levels in the body. Medically, it is typically used in the treatment of diabetes. Recently, insulin has become quite popular among bodybuilders due to the anabolic effect it can offer. With well-times injections, insulin will help to bring glycogen and other nutrients to the muscle.

In America, regular human insulin is available without a prescription by the name of Humulin R by Eli Lilly and Company. It costs about $20 for a 10 ml vial with a strength of 100 IU per ml. Eli Lilly and Company also produces 5 other insulin formulations, but none of these should be used by bodybuilders. Humulin R is the safest because it takes effect quickly and has the shortest duration of activity. The other insulin formulations remain active for a longer period and can put the user in an unexpected state of hypoglycemia.

Hypoglycemia occurs when blood glucose levels are too low. It is a common and potentially fatal reaction experienced by insulin users. Before an athlete begins taking insulin, it is critical that he understands the warning signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia. The following is a list of symptoms which may indicate a mild to moderate hypoglycemia: hunger, drowsiness, blurred vision, depressive mood, dizziness, sweating, palpitation, tremor, restlessness, tingling in the hands, feet, lips, or tongue, lightheadedness, inability to concentrate, headache, sleep disturbances, anxiety, slurred speech, irritability, abnormal behavior, unsteady movement, and personality changes. If any of these warning signs should occur, an athlete should immediately consume a food or drink containing sugar such as a candy bar or carbohydrate drink. This will treat a mild to moderate hypoglycemia and prevent a severe state of hypoglycemia. Severe hypoglycemia is a serious condition that may require medical attention. Symptoms include disorientation, seizure, unconsciousness, and death.

Insulin is used in a wide variety of ways. Most athletes choose to use it immediately after a workout. Dosages used are usually 1 IU per 10-20 pounds of lean bodyweight. First-time users should start at a low dosage and gradually work up. For example, first begin with 2 IU and then increase the dosage by 1 IU every consecutive workout. This will allow the athlete to safely determine a dosage. Insulin dosages can very significantly among athletes and are dependent upon insulin sensitivity and the use of other drugs. Athletes using growth hormone can thyroid will have higher insulin requirements, and therefore, will be able to handle higher dosages.

Humilin R should be injected subcutaneously only with a U-100 insulin syringe. Insulin syringes are available without a prescription in many states. If the athlete cannot purchase the syringes at a pharmacy, he can mail order them or buy them on the black market. Using a syringe other than a U-100 is dangerous since it will be difficult to measure out the correct dosage. Subcutaneous insulin injections are usually given by pinching a fold of skin in the abdomen area. To speed up the effect of insulin, many athletes will inject their dosage into the thighs or triceps.

Most athletes will bring their insulin with them to the gym. Insulin should be refrigerated, but it is all right to keep it in a gym bag as long as it is kept away from excessive heat. Immediately after a workout, the athlete will inject his dosage of insulin. Within the next fifteen minutes, he should have a carbohydrate drink such as Ultra Fuel by Twinlab. The athlete should consume at least 10 grams of carbohydrates for every 1 IU of insulin injected. Most athletes will also take creatine monohydrate with their carbohydrate drink since the insulin will help to force the creatine into the muscles. An hour or so after injecting insulin, most athletes will eat a meal or consume a protein shake. The carbohydrate drink and meal/protein shake are necessary. Without them, blood sugar levels will drop dangerously low and the athlete will most likely go into a state of hypoglycemia.

Many athletes will get sleepy after injecting insulin. This may be a symptom of hypoglycemia, and an athlete should probably consume more carbohydrates. Avoid the temptation to go to bed since the insulin may take its peak effect during sleep and significantly drop glucose levels. Being unaware of the warning signs during this slumber, the athlete is at a high risk of going into a state of severe hypoglycemia without anyone realizing it. Humulin R usually remains active for only 4 hours with a peak at about two hours after injecting. An athlete would be wise to stay up for the 4 hours after injecting.

Rather than waiting to the end of a workout, many athletes prefer to inject their insulin dosage 30 minutes before their training session is over and then consume a carbohydrate drink immediately following the workout. This will make the insulin more efficient at bringing glycogen to the muscles, but it will also increase the danger of hypoglycemia. Some athletes will even inject a few IUs before lifting to improve their pump. This practice is extremely risky and best left to athletes with experience using insulin. After the injection, they will consume a carbohydrate drink and then have breakfast within the next hour. Some athletes find this application of insulin very beneficial for putting on mass, while others will tend to put on excess fat using insulin in this way.

Insulin use cannot be detected during a drug test. For this reason, along with the fact that it is cheap and readily available, insulin has become a popular drug among the competitive athlete. However, before an athlete attempts to use insulin, he should educate himself and make himself aware of the consequences. One mistake in dosage or diet can be potentially fatal.

Directions for first time insulin users (not sure who orginally wrote this one)

Insulin is the most anabolic hormone you can take. On the other hand its also one of the most dangerous for two reasons availability and ignorance. I will be the first to tell you that every time I have been hypoglycemic (when blood sugar drops to dangerous levels) its has been as a result of something I did wrong. Used responsibility and with respect for the potential sides it is quite safe and extremely effective. That being said we'll start off with what you are going to need.

Equipment:
There are several types of insulin out there but for our purposes we are only interested in two. The first being my favorite Humulin R and the other being a bit newer to the body building community Humalog.

Humulin R is the most widely used and time tested insulin in our arsenal. It has a max duration of 4hrs and its peak can been seen around 2hrs after injection. This becomes particularly important when planning out you meals for the day so keep the timetables in mind.

Humalog is a bit newer but some feel just as effective and a bit safer. Humalog has a max duration of 2hrs and its peak can be seen around 1hr after injection. When selecting to use one or the other keep in mind your schedule, meals, and physical activity for the day as it will all play a role. One other point that needs mentioning is that Humulin R is available over the counter at pretty much every pharmacy in the country for about $25 for 10ml (which will last you a very long time) and Humalog is available only through a prescription or over the black market for a price about double that of Humulin R. When approaching a pharmacist keep in mind that its a lot more convincing if you buy the needles at the same time you get the insulin. This way they are less likely to refuse to sell it to you which they have been known to do from time to time. If this should happen just continue on to the next pharmacy and despite what they tell you "you dont need a prescription" it might be their store policy to see one but legally it is not required and if you make enough of a fuss you will get what you need.

The next thing you will need is the actual needles for injection. These are not the same type that you would use for anabolics or other androgens. The type of needles you will need are U100 insulin needles. That is exactly what you need to say when are trying to buy them. A box of 100 will usually run about $15-$25 and again will last you quite a while. Be fore warned now, using a syringe labeled with cc/ml or anything other than u100 is potentially fatal. The difference between the amount of insulin used for our purpose and that which will kill you is less than 1/2 a cc.
The next two things I think you will need and I highly recommend having on you is a wrist watch with a chronograph (stopwatch) and glucose tabs and/or a can of soda. First I'll explain the wrist watch. The stop watch is to be started immediately after the injection and monitored periodically to keep track of what is in your body and how long it is active. This can also be used to determine whether or not you are feeling side effects or simply just nerves from the fear that follows using for the first time. For instance I always use Humulin R which we know has a duration of 4 hours and a peak at 2 hours. This means that the greatest effects will be felt somewhere between 1-1/2 to 2 hours after injection and then they will steadily lessen till it is no longer active 4 hours after injection. When you use a stopwatch you have an accurate record of when you felt the effects which will become more important as you get more experienced using insulin. The glucose tabs are your safety net. If you are feeling hypo (hypoglycemic) these tabs will return your blood sugar levels to a safe range where you can get some food. They are available at all pharmacies for about $1.00. I have also used a soda. Soda is high in simple carbs which act quickly when blood sugar is low and allow you to get to a safe range where you can get some food in you. Now that we've covered all the equipment needed to safely use insulin we'll move on to dosage diet and scheduling.

Dosage diet and scheduling:
Whenever you start insulin its always wise to start at a lower dose and taper up over the first couple of days of use. Insulin is still new in our community and there is a potential for becoming diabetic so dont take chances start small more is not better where insulin is concerned more is simply more fat and more dangerous. This is a schedule I use when just starting insulin:

day1: 5iu's post workout
day2: 6iu's post workout
day3: 7iu's post workout
day4: 8iu's post workout
day5: 9iu's post workout
day6: 10iu's post workout
day7: same as day 6

This concludes week once from here on out this is how I proceed. If I am going to be increasing my dose even further.

day8-10: 10iu's morning, 10iu's post workout
day11-14: 10iu's morning, 10iu's noon, 10iu's post workout
day15 and on: increase post workout dose till I start to feel symptoms of hypoglycemia and then back the dose down accordingly. THIS IS ONLY FOR ADVANCED USERS, DONT EXCEED THE DAY 7 DOSE TILL YOU GET SOME TIME UNDER YOUR BELT. I AM NOT KIDDING YOU WILL DIE!!!

Your diet will depend on the amount of slin you take per injection. The rule is 10 grams of carbs per IU of insulin. Therefore if you take 10iu's at an injection you need 100 grams of carbs. This is a bit overkill the actual figure is about 5-7 grams but its best to stick with the 10 rule while starting out. I feel that the best most accurate way to consume the proper amount of carbs after an injection is through MRP's or other shakes. The amounts of carbs on these are far more accurate than those you will find on the back of a bread bag. My meals are usually layed out like this:

7am: 10iu's insulin, shake
9am: shake
12pm: 10iu's insulin, lunch
2pm: shake
4pm: shake
6pm: workout
7pm: 10iu's insulin, shake, higher in carbs than others
9pm: dinner
11pm: safe for bed

If you'll notice there is a method to the madness above. After taking your first injection if insulin you will need a shake immediately. After this you are good for the next 2 hrs till the insulin peaks. Once you hit the 2hr mark you will need more carbs either another shake or a meal with sufficient carbs. After you have cleared the 4hr mark you will be clear from danger. Now this is all based on using Humulin R. If you are using Humalog you will need to take your first meal after injection and another "1hr" after. Then after the 2hr mark you will be safe. My shakes are made up of 1/2 pack of MetRX (berry) and 2 scoops GNC brand weight gainer (vanilla) and 16oz of whole milk. This shake has a caloric value of about 800 cals and around 50grams of protein and 150+grams of carbs. This is a good meal for those starting out. As you progress though you will want to decrease the carbs and eliminate the fat completely to maximize lean mass gains and minimize water and fat retention but for the purposes of starting out simply taking T3 will offset any fat gained. One thing to keep in mind is that T3 will reduce your sensitivity to insulin allowing you to take a higher dose but again save this till you get some more time in.

Side effects and procedures:
After injection and starting your stopwatch your first task is to get some carbs in. Next the first sides you will feel is tired. This is normal and is to be expected. You will usually feel this somewhere between 15-30 minutes after your injection. The key here is not to sleep, if you sleep you wont feel further more dangerous sides and therefore you wont be able to save your ass. The next thing you need to do is have another meal/shake at the 2hr mark. If you miss this just get it in as soon as possible. If you delay long enough you will start to feel hypo around 3 to 3-1/2 hours after injection. When this happens you will feel a sort of numbness that I can only relate to ephedrine. After this you will start to get some shakes in your hands followed by a cold sweat. Once you get to this point you are full blown hypo, the next thing that will follow will be a bit of tunnel vision and this is as far as I’ve been after this its all textbook I imagine coma will follow shortly after passing out. When you get the symptoms listed above don’t hesitate. Get some soda/glucose tabs followed by a meal or shake. One other fact I neglected to mention is that a mix of carbs is necessary when consuming a meal. Simple carbs are used to quickly and complex don’t kick in fast enough. A good mix is the way to go.

When I used slin (used Humlin R) before, I put on about 7 pounds in 2 weeks only taking 12 ui once a day. Nothing put weight on me like that, I also found that I personally didn't need but 5-6 grams of carbs per ui of slin.

I only felt slightly hypo once, and got a can of soda, which took care of it right away.

Acnemans Insulin FAQ

what is insulin?

Insulin is a hormone secreted by the beta cells of the
pancreas that controls the metabolism and cellular uptake of
sugars, proteins, and fats. As a drug, it is used principally
to control diabetes. Insulin is not a steroid.

What type of insulin should I use for bodybuilding?

Humulin R and Humulog are the only insulins I recommend
because they act fast and are out of the body fastest(this
makes them the safest). I have never used Humalog but
understand that aside from quicker onset and half-life it is
essentially the same.

Why do I want to use insulin?

Insulin has been called "Anabolicus Maximus" by some gurus of
the bodybuilding world. Insulin can give you greater gains
than you have ever had using anabolics alone. Insulin, in
combination with androgens and resistance exercise, may
trigger maturation of satellite muscle cells (small, more or
less useless cells that are held in reserve, which do not
contribute to muscular strength) into mature muscle cells that
do contribute to muscular size and strength. How freakin cool
is that. Hyperinsulinemia has been shown to stimulate protein
synthesis in isolated limb infusion experiments , these
anabolic properties seem to be the result of insulin binding
to IGF-1 receptors.

If insulin is so great why aren't all diabetics huge?

Diabetics have a disease and use insulin to replace endogenous
insulin that they cannot produce. Bodybuilders use insulin in
a totally different way. Some diabetic bodybuilders manipulate
their insulin use to use insulin for muscle growth and get
good results but changing dosages and times of injection of
insulin for diabetics can be dangerous.

Isn't taking insulin dangerous?

ummm YES! Before deciding to take insulin here is what you
have to do to be safe.

Insulin safety

1. Do not use slin alone have a training partner or girlfriend
who's not using slin hang around with you from the time you
take the slin to about 2.5/4 hrs after.

2. Tell you're partner to look for anything out of the norm
for your personality and have a list of questions like your
ssn or address etc that they can ask you. Don't joke around,
and answer them without ****, because if you cant answer or
refuse to answer it could be a sign of hypoglycemia(low blood
sugar). Symptoms of hypoglycemia include disorientation,
headache, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, fast heartbeat,
sweating, tremor, and nausea.

3. If you cant/wont answer or are feeling the symptoms of
hypoglycemia they should be prepared to feed you carbs like
pancake syrup, coke, sugary stuff. I bought glucose tablets at
walmart. kinda like candy but gets in the blood faster and
dissolve quickly. these are for diabetics ask at the pharmacy.

4. Have your partner know that if they suspect low blood sugar
and cant convince or force you to consume carbs until your
better. CALL 911 and ask for an ambulance and tell the truth
to the operator... that they suspect you are in insulin shock
and explain when they get there(the ambulance guys not the
cops) that you are not diabetic but using insulin for anabolic
purposes. Have the type of slin, the dosage and carbs consumed
recorded to give the paramedic. They will save your life. Then
you refuse transport to the hospital and eat. It might be a
good idea to make sure your house is "clean" before every
workout just in case the bad thing happens and the cops ask a
lot of questions.

5. Why so much preparation for the possible problem?? insulin
can kill you in minutes if you go down!!

6. Take the carbs and protein together immediately after
injecting the slin(dont take chances trying to time out 15 min
after injection). Take the protein with the carbs because the
protein is pushed into the muscles with the slin also(creatine
too).

7. Before an hour passes you should eat a normal balanced
meal(high protein low fat with carbs).

8. Consume another small high protein medium carb low fat meal
at 2.5 hours after the injection. Congrats you lived.(keep
some gatoraid on hand just to make sure because your not gonna
have a lifeline)

9. YAWN... Don't go to sleep within 4/6 hours of using insulin
since you can develop hypoglycemia while asleep and not have
warning signs.

Ok I'm not scared I still want to use insulin...

Where do i get it?

Humulin R is over the counter (OTC) just about everywhere.
Humulog is new and is still a prescription drug is some
places. BUT... Insulin is NOT a controlled substance and will
not be confiscated by customs or postal inspectors so order it
online if you cant get it locally. Its legal.

Where do I keep it? (STORAGE)

The FDA requires that all preparations of insulin contain
instructions to keep in a cold place and to avoid freezing.
The refrigerator is a good spot. Unrefrigerated insulin can be
kept of 28 days as long as it stays in a cool and dark place.

Where/how do I inject insulin?

The best sites for insulin injection are in the subcutaneous
tissue of the abdomen(avoid the area close to bellybutton)
.Usually, you should not inject within 1 inch of the same site
within 1 month. The arms and legs can also be used, but
insulin uptake from these sites is less uniform. Insulin
should be injected subcutaneously only with a U-100 insulin
syringe. "B-D ultra-fine" insulin syringes are good. Insulin
syringes are available without a prescription in many states.
If you cant purchase the syringes at a pharmacy, you can mail
order them. Using a syringe other than a specific insulin
syringe is dangerous since it will be difficult to measure out
the correct dosage.

How much insulin should I take?

I recommend never using over 10IU. 10IU is enough to make you
grow.
In general Dosages used are usually 1 IU per 20 pounds of lean
bodyweight. So a 220lb bodybuilder with 9% body-fat would use
10iu of insulin(aprox200lb lean mass/20 = 10iu). But even
experienced insulin users shouldn't use max dosage at the
beginning of an insulin cycle. First-time users should start
at a low dosage and gradually work up. For example, first
begin with 2 IU and then increase the dosage by 1 IU every
consecutive workout until you reach your calculated dose or
determine a maximum personal dose(some people are more
sensitive to insulin sides like hypoglycemia). This will allow
the athlete to determine a dosage he can safely use. Insulin
dosages can vary significantly among athletes and are
dependent upon insulin sensitivity and the use of other drugs.
Athletes using growth hormone and thyroid might have higher
insulin requirements.

When do I take insulin?

It is my opinion that you should only take insulin after a
work out, never before or when not working out, because before
a work out you could crash and die during the workout and when
your not working out it makes you fat. Some people disagree
with this. IF you want, get some info from them and try it.
But remember I told ya so.

When do i eat after using insulin?

Immediately!!! DO NOT TRY TO TIME YOUR CONSUMPTION OF CARBS!!
You should immediately take a carbohydrate AND protein drink
after taking you're insulin. I've stated this twice because it
is very important. Even experienced insulin users can get a
surprise now and then.
Eat a meal at about an hour after using insulin. Consume
another small high protein medium carb low fat meal at 2.5
hours after the injection. keep some gatoraid on hand just to
make sure. Remember that insulin can still work much later so
be careful and eat if you feel hypoglycemia symptoms.

What do I eat after using insulin?

Some people recommend a zero fat intake for 4 hours after
taking insulin. I do not disagree with this. But if your
bulking you can be a little relaxed on this. But high fat
intake after taking insulin can lead to high body fat.
The carb/protein drink taken after the insulin shot should
contain AT LEAST 10 grams of carbs and 5 grams of quality
protein per IU of insulin injected with little or no
fat(creatine taken in this drink is optional but works great).
Before an hour passes you should eat a normal balanced
meal(high protein low fat with carbs). At 2.5 hours after the
injection you should Consume a small meal. keep some gatoraid
on hand just to make sure. Remember that insulin can still
work much later so be careful and eat if you feel hypoglycemia
symptoms. Once again i've stated this twice because it is
important.

***Some insulin users recommend far less carbs than I have
stated above. This is a personal decision you will have to
make since it could be very dangerous...Even deadly! My
opinion is to take the carbs and learn to diet after bulking
if you gain too much fat.***

How long should/can I take insulin?

Short cycles please because you could have side effects. It is
suspected that you could become an insulin dependant diabetic
but I have never seen proof, but is it worth the risk? I would
only use it a few times a week(maximum 4 on 3 off) for no more
than 3/4 weeks.

What should I avoid while using insulin?

Do not use alcohol. It lowers blood sugar, and you may
experience dangerously low blood sugar levels.

Do not change your workout in the middle of a cycle of
insulin. Changes in how much you exercise can change the
amount of insulin you can tolerate and maintain blood sugar
levels.

Do not take any recreational drugs at the same time as insulin
since they could mask symptoms of hypoglycemia.

Do not change the brand of insulin or syringe that you are
using without first talking to a doctor or pharmacist. Some
brands of insulin and syringes are interchangeable, while
others are not.

Do not use insulin if you are sick with a cold, flu, or fever.
These illnesses may change your insulin requirements..

Do not use any insulin that is discolored, looks thick, has
particles in it, or looks different from the way it looked
when you bought it.

Do not use OTC drugs that will cause drowsiness within 6 hours
of using insulin.

Do not go to sleep within 4/6 hours of using insulin since you
can develop hypoglycemia while asleep and not have warning
signs.

What are the possible side effects of insulin besides
hypoglycemia?

Rarely, people have allergic reactions to insulin. Seek
emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic
reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat;
swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).

Hypothetically, one could become an insulin dependent diabetic
if insulin is used too long.

references
http://www.meso-rx.com/steroid-profiles/insulin.htm

"Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," Copyright © 2001 by
F. A. Davis Co., Phil., PA
http://www.getbulky.com/Info/Steroid_Info/insulin.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catinsulin.htm

Elisabeth R. Barton-Davis, Daria I. Shoturma, Antonio Musaro,
Nadia Rosenthal, and H. Lee Sweeney. Viral mediated expression
of insulin-like growth factor I blocks the aging-related loss
of skeletal muscle function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
22;95(26):15603-7, 1998

http://www.subscriberx.com/.SRX?Ser...Dialect=English
http://www.rxlist.com/frame/display.cgi?drug=HUMULIN
http://www.lillydiabetes.com/Produc...ityProfiles.cfm
AnabolicDiabetic from elite fitness

This article is from Anabolic Extreme, this one just scares me, I don't know about taking these 2 together.

DNP and Insulin Part 1
The perfect “off” cycle
by Jason Mueller

I’m sure by now that everyone is familiar with the use of insulin of bodybuilding circles. Without a doubt, insulin use is the greatest advance in the sport since GH in the early 80’s. I would say that the massive size increases you have seen in the sport over the past five years have been a direct result of insulin use, more so than anything else. Insulin can also kill you.

Most of you are probably aware of DNP’s use in bodybuilding. For those of you who aren’t familiar with DNP, which by the way stands for 2,4-Dinitrophenol, it is an unbelievable fat burning drug. If you’ve ever wondered how a pro bodybuilder drops down from say, 280 to 225-230 in a very short period of time, it’s probably because that particular individual is using DNP with a host of other drugs like thyroid, clenbuterol, etc. In fact, this bodybuilder might develop thyroid problems and balloon up and down in weight, even missing shows or looking horrible at others. Man, good thing this isn’t a real person we’re talking about. Anyway, I digress. DNP is the greatest thing to come along in dieting since, well, I guess it’s about the only good thing to come along that I can think of. And, DNP will kill you quicker than insulin.

Before we continue on, let’s get real for a moment. Please do not use either insulin or DNP. I’m not joking that either of them can kill you, in fact the bottle of DNP I’m looking at right now lists the many horrible consequences of just touching the stuff. Be warned that you are taking your life in your hands by using either insulin or DNP. DNP is used in bug sprays for Christ’s sake. Now that I got that off my chest, we can continue.

I’m really not going to bore you with long and complicated explanations of how both DNP and insulin work in the body, but I do need to touch on the subject. Many of the articles written about DNP refer to it’s abilities to block the actions of insulin. This is true only in a limited sense. Insulin is released by pancreatic beta cells in response to elevated ATP/ADP ratios. Briefly, when your blood sugar levels rise, your ATP/ADP levels become elevated, inhibiting ATP sensitive potassium ion channels (KATP), altering the membrane potential of the pancreatic cells and causing insulin release. The key point here is that insulin will not be released unless ATP levels within the cells increase. DNP interferes with the protein complex ATP synthase, which allows for the synthesis of ATP from ADP and Pi (inorganic phosphate). Since DNP interferes with a key step in ATP production, obviously ATP levels never elevate within any cell, including pancreatic beta cells. Hence, the feedback system through the KATP channels (at least in regards to insulin release), is disabled, and you effectively make yourself a diabetic while on DNP.

The primary action of insulin in the body is to drive glucose into muscle and liver cells (stored as glycogen) which is converted into ATP. ATP again? Since DNP reduces ATP production significantly, it again interferes with insulin by preventing a significant amount of the glucose that is pushed into cells by insulin from ever being used as energy (at least by the cell). So, what is happening to all of this energy that is being expended through the electron transport chain to turn ADP and Pi into ATP? It’s thrown off as heat, and lots of it. In fact, because the amount of heat produced is a direct correlation of how much DNP is consumed, taking too much DNP will cook you from the inside out. Let me repeat this. Taking too much DNP will fry you like an egg. It doesn’t sound like a pleasant way to die, does it? DNP is not one of those, hey a little did me good, more will do me better kind of substances. A little will do you good and more will burn your ass up.

So, now we understand the ways in which DNP interferes with some of the actions of insulin. Another action of insulin (thank you God) is that it promotes transport of amino acids from the bloodstream into muscles and other cells. Insulin also increases the rate at which amino acids are incorporated into protein. Although DNP does block the release of insulin and prevents a key component of the electron transport chain (ATP synthase, remember?), it does nothing to prevent the aforementioned extremely anabolic affect of insulin. Therefore, when you use DNP, you should be administering insulin at the same time. The exogenous insulin will still work its anabolic magic while the DNP burns off reams of body fat through the resultant metabolic increase.

Many so called Gurus are recommending incorporating DNP as a component to any steroid cycle to ensure that weight gained is purely muscle and not fat. While this certainly works great on paper, application is a little different. I am a firm believer in training and eating to grow while on a heavy cycle (and what other kind is there?) Anyone who has any kind of contact with any professional bodybuilder in the off season will see that the chicken and rice thing has been thrown out of the window and that junk food rules the day. Their drug use is of such magnitude that eating clean would simply not supply the necessary calories for growth. Have you ever tried to consume 5000+ calories while on a low fat diet? Good luck. So, while they are certainly growing like a weed in the off season, they also tend to put on a bit of fat. Big deal. I’m going to let you in on a little secret. The only time those guys look like that is when they are on stage. Many people assume that the top guys are in shape all year round because they never see any pictures of them in the off season. And with good reason. Most (not all, but most) bodybuilders look like a chipmunk with a walnut in each cheek in the off season. These fellow tend to get a bit fat and bloated from their diets and heavy drug use. Now taking DNP while cycling will certainly help keep you leaner. It will also make you weaker, uncomfortable, and more quick to tire from a workout. Obviously not a good combination for consuming mass quantities while kicking ass in the gym is it? Therefore, we need a schedule for DNP administration. I’m a firm believer in down time from cycles (another article me thinks?), not because of receptor down regulation but from other factors. I propose a system where the athlete uses AS for 10 weeks, similar to the system advocated by Paul Borreson, followed by three weeks of down time. During this down time, 24 days actually, the athlete uses DNP in conjunction with insulin and T3, losing body fat while maintaining lean body mass. The dosing schedule would be as follows:

Last day of AS administration
Days 1-8 DNP with insulin and T3
Days 9-16 DNP is not used, insulin use continues, T3 continues for days 9-12
Days 17-24 DNP with insulin and T3
BACK ON THE JUICE!!

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very good read bro, thanks!

Theres a lot of misconceptions about slin even in the bodybuilding world. The way it's often times viewed is like steroids to the general masses. Kind of weird.