Losing Muscle Or Teporary Size/strength Loss

pheraflex

Awards
Losing Muscle Or Temporary Size/strength Loss

i did a pheramax cycle a couple months ago and went from 239-256 and it was awsome. i then ate like crazy of course through post cycle therapy and waited a month to start cutting but for the first two weeks all i did was drop cals a bit. then 6 weeks after post cycle therapy i started an all out cut.

this included 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 4-5 days a week either first thing in the morning or after lifting. (i'm hitting every bodypart once a week).

anyways my strength has gone way down. i was reping 275 bench 5x5 and now 225 5x5 is hard. i've been cutting for a month now hard and i have def lost fat tho. squats went from 330 5x5 to 225 5x8 (probly could do a little more but doesnt feel safe)

diet is as follows: 6 meals a day. i take in 60 grams of protein through whey, nonfat cottage cheese, egg whites, tuna and 25 grams of carbs through whole grain pasta, rice, bread and oatmeal. for the last meal of the day all i have is nonfat cottage cheese. i'm aslo taking a multi, fish oil, and glutamine. i also look much smaller. is this just temporary from glycogen and water loss or what?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
i did a pheramax cycle a couple months ago and went from 239-256 and it was awsome. i then ate like crazy of course through post cycle therapy and waited a month to start cutting but for the first two weeks all i did was drop cals a bit. then 6 weeks after post cycle therapy i started an all out cut.

this included 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 4-5 days a week either first thing in the morning or after lifting. (i'm hitting every bodypart once a week).

anyways my strength has gone way down. i was reping 275 bench 5x5 and now 225 5x5 is hard. i've been cutting for a month now hard and i have def lost fat tho. squats went from 330 5x5 to 225 5x8 (probly could do a little more but doesnt feel safe)

diet is as follows: 6 meals a day. i take in 60 grams of protein through whey, nonfat cottage cheese, egg whites, tuna and 25 grams of carbs through whole grain pasta, rice, bread and oatmeal. for the last meal of the day all i have is nonfat cottage cheese. i'm aslo taking a multi, fish oil, and glutamine. i also look much smaller. is this just temporary from glycogen and water loss or what?
In my opinion much of it is likely temporary due to what you mentioned. I wouldnt worry too much, but your cals do seem pretty low from what you posted. I hate going really low cal every day. Maybe try some carb cycling. IMO that seems to work really good for loosing fat while maintaning muscle. If it is indeed muscle you are loosing, you could also look into a good ant-cort.

pheraflex

Awards
maybe i'll raise my carbs to around 50 grams per meal. oh ya and i forgot to mention that i have albuterol on the way and i'm going to do my first Superdrol (m-drol) cycle a couple weeks after my cut once most of my strength comes back. hopefully it does along with size.

any other comments?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of anti-cortisols, I'm using retain right now. I've also heard that restore is good. Any thoughts?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of anti-cortisols, I'm using retain right now. I've also heard that restore is good. Any thoughts?
i think they are a waste of money. It is mostly a marketing scheme. I'm sure many will disagree but i'd rather stick to a serm,atd, and libido booster and save my money on the anti-cortisol.

if cortisol was completely blocked, you would die. however i completely understand that it is a different situation when coming off a steroid cycle. there is no research of those users that use anti-cortisol products as a means of fat loss...our bodies are efficient enough

jmo

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
i think they are a waste of money. It is mostly a marketing scheme. I'm sure many will disagree but i'd rather stick to a serm,atd, and libido booster and save my money on the anti-cortisol.

if cortisol was completely blocked, you would die. however i completely understand that it is a different situation when coming off a steroid cycle. there is no research of those users that use anti-cortisol products as a means of fat loss...our bodies are efficient enough

jmo
I was using it primarily to reduce cortisol during PCT, but you think it's ineffective for that purpose?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I was using it primarily to reduce cortisol during post cycle therapy, but you think it's ineffective for that purpose?
i don't think its ineffective, because i really don't know. i just don't find it necessary for me. and i find it very unnecessary for anyone using a cortisol blocker as a means to reduce fat aside from any cycle rebound.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
i don't think its ineffective, because i really don't know. i just don't find it necessary for me. and i find it very unnecessary for anyone using a cortisol blocker as a means to reduce fat aside from any cycle rebound.
What about to prevent muscle wasting while cutting? You wouldnt use it for this purpose either?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
What about to prevent muscle wasting while cutting? You wouldnt use it for this purpose either?
i never cut...i'm so much of an ectomorph that even at 5,000+ calories i'm still 8% body fat

Xmass85

Awards
my buddy lost all of his gains and then some after phera-max. He had amazing results with the true AX Phera-Plex then enjoyed ok gains on Phera-Max however after his cycle his gains slowly started diminishing week by week een though he had a proper post cycle therapy, was eat really well and training just as hard. I myself think that Phera-Max is a dud compound

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
i never cut...i'm so much of an ectomorph that even at 5,000+ calories i'm still 8% body fat
Same was true for me at 23... Now that I'm 29, bit of a different story... lol.

bodysculpt

Awards

jmo
Would you guys mind mentioning a few Libido Booster supplements? and I havent yet figured out what the acronym atd stands for yet..?

Cheers

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
my buddy lost all of his gains and then some after phera-max. He had amazing results with the true AX Phera-Plex then enjoyed ok gains on Phera-Max however after his cycle his gains slowly started diminishing week by week een though he had a proper post cycle therapy, was eat really well and training just as hard. I myself think that Phera-Max is a dud compound
i agree. i have had a friend take my leftovers for his first cycle. he didnt really notice anything at all he told me.