I want to see my abs again

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
I want to see my abs again. I'm 6'2, 199lbs, and 16.2% bodyfat. This leaves me with 166 pounds of lean muscle mass. I want less fat and more muscle. I'm told you can't "bulk up" and "cut" at the same time. Is there truth to this?

I had been contemplating a 500mg/week Test E cycle, but now I'm not so sure. I'm depressed... my whole life I've been less muscular than I'd like, as in really skinny, but had probably 8 or 9% body fat :-/ I'd really like to get back to 10% or so.

So the two questions I guess are what percentage is "good" to where I can see my abs again, and what about the Test E, will that make me fatter?

And yes, we don't even need to cover it here, I am aware I need to check into my diet which I am going to do in the appropriate department :)

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read, once you're under 10% you're gonna start seeing your abs... in the same boat you are, on bulking cycle right now and not too fond of not seeing my abs at all. I'm on 500 mg's of test-E per week right now w/ 50mgs of anadrol per day, not too sure if test only would be ideal for a cutting cycle, as I've noticed quite a bit of water retention. why not do a straight cutting cycle?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I want to see my abs again. I'm 6'2, 199lbs, and 16.2% bodyfat. This leaves me with 166 pounds of lean muscle mass. I want less fat and more muscle. I'm told you can't "bulk up" and "cut" at the same time. Is there truth to this?

I had been contemplating a 500mg/week Test E cycle, but now I'm not so sure. I'm depressed... my whole life I've been less muscular than I'd like, as in really skinny, but had probably 8 or 9% body fat :-/ I'd really like to get back to 10% or so.

So the two questions I guess are what percentage is "good" to where I can see my abs again, and what about the Test E, will that make me fatter?

And yes, we don't even need to cover it here, I am aware I need to check into my diet which I am going to do in the appropriate department :)

yes you cant bulk and cut at the same time..genetics determine that a lot too aside from diet....not matter what i always get more cut when i get bigger...my metabolism is using my calories somewhere...test e will most likely give u a slight bloat in ur stomach until u come off and then itll go away in pct...if ur gonna cycle test and u want to shed fat....i suggest looking into t3,t4, and clen

Crotalus

Awards
From what I've read, once you're under 10% you're gonna start seeing your abs

---------

I can't believe that ; I see my abs when flexed and I'm sure I'm not at 10% and don't think I'll ever see 10%. Even with Tren and 1900 calories I can still grab way too much fat over the abs and obliques and can't imagine eating less.

I think seeing abs also depends alot on how developed your abs are besides the low fat level.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Im reluctant to do a "cutting cycle" because I've never done any kind of cycle... and it seems to be I should get as "bulky" as I want to be before trying to cut fat, no?

PS - thanks for all of your responses.

Crotalus

Awards
In my opinion gaining more fat that will only have to be dieted off later is just a waste .... how is adding more fat to your body going to help anything ?

I've done it and so have alot of others , and in all honesty all you're doing is trying to justify not staying on a diet ... because "I'm bulking"

Been there, done that ...

If I'd have wised up to that crap years ago I might be at 10% or below now without having to starve myself to stay at 12 %.