First Cycle: Deca!

capps

Awards
Hey guys. I am planning on running my first cycle this summer. I am looking to put on some quality muscle with minimal fat gains. I have read chemical muscle enhancement and I am leaning toward doing a deca only cycle for 4 weeks at 200mg as recommended. I am not trying to blow up, rather I am only looking to gain 6-10 pounds. I want quality that will stick, and I don't want to do anything over 4 weeks as sides are a concern. The low dose is because I have never exposed myself to any anabolics.

I a little background. I have been training for 6 years, 3 very seriously. I currently weigh 208 according to my gym's scale? I do not have calipers for a body fat test and it's not a major concern of mine as I usually just go by the mirror. I know my guesstimate certainly not scientific but I'll give it anyway. I think I am around 10-12%. I carry a 4 pack all day, and when I wake up I have all 6.

I train 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, off. My split is:
Monday:Chest
Tuesday:Legs
Wednesday:Bi's, Forearms, Calves
Thursday: Off
Friday: Shoulders/Tri's
Saturday: Back
Sunday: Off

If you want me to get into specifics I will, but for the most part I do main compound exercises for each body part (ex: squat-legs, deadlifts-back, etc.) I also do some isolation exercises after the compound lifts.

Diet: I eat like an animal. I am well over 3000 cals a day, as I work concrete and lunch is usually junky, today was pizza. I had 4 slices and a turkey/cheese sandwich after. Here's an example day of dieting:
Meal 1: 3/4 cup of Oats, 1 tbsp of natty pb, 1 scoop of ON Whey
Meal 2: Turkey & Eggs whites on a roll/bagel.
Meal 3: Zero Impact Bar-420 cals
Meal 4: Pizza/Hero
Meal 5: Protein Shake
Meal 6: Meat/Chicken/Fish w/ veggies or brown rice
Workout
Meal 7: Postworkout Shake+Carbs
Meal 8: 4 Egg whites, 1 slice of turkey, 1 slice of low fat cheddar, 2 slices of toast
Meal 9: Shake before bed

On days where I don't work concrete I eat alot cleaner, no pizza or hero. Instead I'll eat tuna. Much less calories on days I do not work.I don't think I left anything out but again I am very serious about starting a cycle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I'm not VERY familiar with deca.... but 4 weeks seems a bit short, from what I've read, the full effects of deca usually aren't felt until the 2nd-3rd week. Just my 2cents

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that cycle would be a waste of time. you wouldnt get sh1t out of it. Do some research and you will see why. 4 weeks? :nono: :frustrate deca (nandrolone w/ undeclynate ester) takes a long time to feel, at the very least 4 weeks. Dont be a dumbass and do that cycle. Seriously its retarded.

hack

Awards
deca should be run at least 12 weeks. If you want to bang your chick, throw in some test.

First cycle should be test only. 500mg a week for 10 weeks. You will love it. Save the deca for later

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
id rather you do dbol only than deca only

capps

Awards
alright..call me naive but im going by CME's recommended first year cycle. from what i understand deca kicks in about 4 days after the initial injection and remains active from 14-16 days after the first injection. of course since its a long lasting ester the effects arent felt until 4 days after. i have tried to do some research and i havent found anybody running deca for as short as i was planning on. everybody seems to run it for 10 weeks+ but i cant find what type out of gains they made for the initial weeks. for my goals, 6-10 lbs, i figure that the deca having kicked in 4 days after the initial injection would be fine for these goals. i might be totally off here but thats why i am asking these questions. if the cycle is so useless why do you think ALR recommends it as a first cycle? thanks again guys.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I would not consider running deca for any shorter than 8 weeks minimum

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
alright..call me naive but im going by CME's recommended first year cycle. from what i understand deca kicks in about 4 days after the initial injection and remains active from 14-16 days after the first injection. of course since its a long lasting ester the effects arent felt until 4 days after. i have tried to do some research and i havent found anybody running deca for as short as i was planning on. everybody seems to run it for 10 weeks+ but i cant find what type out of gains they made for the initial weeks. for my goals, 6-10 lbs, i figure that the deca having kicked in 4 days after the initial injection would be fine for these goals. i might be totally off here but thats why i am asking these questions. if the cycle is so useless why do you think ALR recommends it as a first cycle? thanks again guys.

Naive. (Hey you asked).

Every single person who has responded has told you this cycle is a bad idea. Just buy yourself a bottle of tribulus and take that for a month. Or, buy yourself 10 pounds of protein powder, and go through it in a month and add 1 set to every exercise you do for the month.

If you're going to go the "prescription" route for weight gain, which means using "real medicine" like deca, then why wouldn't you follow the "prescription" format, in which everyone here is telling you its a bad idea, and do test like you're supposed to for a beginner cycle, according to each and every single source I have ever read?

Not to be a d1ck I just hate when people ask for an opinion, and they are given pretty much the same opinion repeatedly but don't want to listen. If you trust your source of info so much why even ask here? Just buy whatever they're selling, take it, and in another 8 weeks, after the breast tenderness from your fresh Vaginacomastia dies down a bit, come back, read, do a proper cycle, and a proper off cycle, and see some gains.

hack

Awards
I did a good 6 months research before I even thought about a cycle. You should do at least some research.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I'll throw my hat in and say at least twelve weeks dosed at least 400mg a week. Test should really be stacked with this if even at a low dose of 250mg a week or so just to combat sides.

I agree that test only is your best bet to see how your body responds. Some people are very gyno prone, shed badly, get bad acne etc. If you start out stacking you will not know what compound is doing what.

Spend some time reading here on the boards about peoples real life experiences, cycle plans, ancillary products and last but not least, a solid PCT.

capps

Awards
Naive. (Hey you asked).

Every single person who has responded has told you this cycle is a bad idea. Just buy yourself a bottle of tribulus and take that for a month. Or, buy yourself 10 pounds of protein powder, and go through it in a month and add 1 set to every exercise you do for the month.

If you're going to go the "prescription" route for weight gain, which means using "real medicine" like deca, then why wouldn't you follow the "prescription" format, in which everyone here is telling you its a bad idea, and do test like you're supposed to for a beginner cycle, according to each and every single source I have ever read?

Not to be a d1ck I just hate when people ask for an opinion, and they are given pretty much the same opinion repeatedly but don't want to listen. If you trust your source of info so much why even ask here? Just buy whatever they're selling, take it, and in another 8 weeks, after the breast tenderness from your fresh Vaginacomastia dies down a bit, come back, read, do a proper cycle, and a proper off cycle, and see some gains.

relax pal..i didnt start any cycle yet for the simple fact i value the opinion of AM board members. i did some research and i do value the opinion of my source (CME) i guess what i am trying to find out now is why is this recommended as a first cycle by ALR?

capps

Awards
I'll throw my hat in and say at least twelve weeks dosed at least 400mg a week. Test should really be stacked with this if even at a low dose of 250mg a week or so just to combat sides.

I agree that test only is your best bet to see how your body responds. Some people are very gyno prone, shed badly, get bad acne etc. If you start out stacking you will not know what compound is doing what.

Spend some time reading here on the boards about peoples real life experiences, cycle plans, ancillary products and last but not least, a solid post cycle therapy.
thanks for your response. im genetically predisposed to MPB so im hesitant to try test. otherwise this would be a whole lot easier and i would just go ahead and run test for 10 weeks. i definitely want to try products individually before i start shotgunning everything on the market. this is why i was leaning towards a deca only cycle.

capps

Awards
I did a good 6 months research before I even thought about a cycle. You should do at least some research.
everybody does research from different sources. my means were through Chemical Muscle Enhancement. no research, not quite..

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Man just do some extensive research... your body is to important to be impulsive when it comes to using steroids. Plus you don't want to waste your MONEHHH:dance:

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
And I noticed that you said you take in less calories on off days.... big mistake. Muscles don't grow in the gym they grow from rest and off days are extremely important because that's when muscles recover and growth occurs more then your on days. So keep a steady diet.. don't think just because I am not lifting today means I will slack off diet wise.

capps

Awards
And I noticed that you said you take in less calories on off days.... big mistake. Muscles don't grow in the gym they grow from rest and off days are extremely important because that's when muscles recover and growth occurs more then your on days. So keep a steady diet.. don't think just because I am not lifting today means I will slack off diet wise.
definitely..let me explain this a litter better though. i do concrete work, thats what i meant by an off day. on those days im burning a ton of calories wheelbarreling, shoveling, etc. basically its doin cardio outside in the new york heat for 8 hrs. sorry for the misconception. on days i have work ill eat anything in site to replenish cals burned. on off days from the gym i eat a little bit more than i would on days off from work and lifting.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Oh i see, my bad. I'm a carpenter and do quite a bit of roofing so i know how you feel some what.

rufjunk

Awards
definitely..let me explain this a litter better though. i do concrete work, thats what i meant by an off day. on those days im burning a ton of calories wheelbarreling, shoveling, etc. basically its doin cardio outside in the new york heat for 8 hrs. sorry for the misconception. on days i have work ill eat anything in site to replenish cals burned. on off days from the gym i eat a little bit more than i would on days off from work and lifting.
Your best bet is to find someone who knows what he's talking about and listen to him.

Some good Pro's have good books out there (Arnold's education of a bodybuilder, Dorian Yates, etc).

In my personal opinion, your either going to go all out or your not going to go at all. You should have someone check out your diet and training regimen and go with a gear routine to see how your body responds. Just pay your dues in the gym, be consistent, sleep, and you'll be fine. Consistency and sleep are huge. Arnold ate four meals and he grew like a tree, he willed his muscles to grow. Hard work really is more important than anything else.

capps

Awards
Your best bet is to find someone who knows what he's talking about and listen to him.

Some good Pro's have good books out there (Arnold's education of a bodybuilder, Dorian Yates, etc).

In my personal opinion, your either going to go all out or your not going to go at all. You should have someone check out your diet and training regimen and go with a gear routine to see how your body responds. Just pay your dues in the gym, be consistent, sleep, and you'll be fine. Consistency and sleep are huge. Arnold ate four meals and he grew like a tree, he willed his muscles to grow. Hard work really is more important than anything else.
yea definitely man i hear what your saying theres just so much stuff out there that you always have something supporting one thing and another source contradicting it. the trouble for me, plenty of people at my gym, veterans, who have done shows, look great and are genuinely people i look up to have told me the deca would be a good idea first cycle. im gonna have to put more research into this and maybe ill try something like a ph for a first cycle instead.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vaginacomastia...... lmfao

Deca in 4 days huh? DUMB.

capps

Awards
look im not pulling this **** out of my ass i read this in the book.."The drug begins activity on day #1 but does not begin its true effect potential until about day #4. This drug would remain in its "most effective period" from about day #4 until or through about day #12, which is 8 days. Deca Durabolin, Testosterone Cypionate and Primobolan Depot are examples." -Building The Perfect Beast

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
Capps, heres the deal. Obviously you've done some research and I'll give you credit for that. There is no reason to flame this dude he's just asking about a cycle that was strongly suggested 4-5 years ago for a new b's first cycle. In fact, 4 years ago that was my first cycle, deca 300mg/week for 9 weeks. I felt great while on and had some really good gains (although I did blow up like a balloon). I lost pretty much everything afterwards. All in all, 4 weeks would be an absolute waste and to be honest running it alone would be too. I would look into another cycle (test-e w/ an oral kickstart 10-12 weeks) and research preventative measures for hairloss, there is a ton of info about it here at AM.

capps

Awards
Capps, heres the deal. Obviously you've done some research and I'll give you credit for that. There is no reason to flame this dude he's just asking about a cycle that was strongly suggested 4-5 years ago for a new b's first cycle. In fact, 4 years ago that was my first cycle, deca 300mg/week for 9 weeks. I felt great while on and had some really good gains (although I did blow up like a balloon). I lost pretty much everything afterwards. All in all, 4 weeks would be an absolute waste and to be honest running it alone would be too. I would look into another cycle (test-e w/ an oral kickstart 10-12 weeks) and research preventative measures for hairloss, there is a ton of info about it here at AM.
thanks for you respone DD thats all i was looking for.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well you see there is different esters attached to nandrolone which is the active in deca and such.....if you are talking about real Deca then the half life is very long and honestly anything with a long half life will not do anything in 4 weeks.....now if they are refering to Deca Durabolin which is actually nandrolone with a phenylprop ester then you are talking.....quick like and would get effects in days after injecting. Get what im saying? Im not dissing what you have read etc. im just stating from experience that long esterfied hormones take more than 4 weeks to get full effects or even half effects for that matter. I didnt mean to flame if i did.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
now if they are refering to Deca Durabolin which is actually nandrolone with a phenylprop ester then you are talking.....quick like and would get effects in days after injecting. .
Incorrect. Deca Durabolin is a brand name derived from the decanoate ester (Decanoic acid, 10 carbons). Another name would be nandrolone decanoate.

You can certainly obtain nandrolone phenylprop but it would be a misnomer to refer to it as Deca.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, thanks for correcting me

then what is the pharm name for nandrolone phenylprop? i recall from somewhere.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
look im not pulling this **** out of my ass i read this in the book.."The drug begins activity on day #1 but does not begin its true effect potential until about day #4. This drug would remain in its "most effective period" from about day #4 until or through about day #12, which is 8 days. Deca Durabolin, Testosterone Cypionate and Primobolan Depot are examples." -Building The Perfect Beast
I READ IT ON THE INTERNETS, IT MUST BE TRUE!!!
:clap2:

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
alright throw out all the **** you read in whatever book that is.

if you are looking for that little amount of weight gain, a long estered pure mass builder isnt for you anyway.

you could probably run a legal pro hormone, and a very weak one at that. i cant suggest which one to you, as they are a dime a dozen recently and i prefer things with a bit of a stronger kick.

its going to be difficult to gain only that small amount of weight with your first cycle. first cycle gains are typically the most noticeable.

do not run deca, at 200mgs a day youll just majorly supress yourself and see very little of anything. deca is one of the hardest steroids to recover from. keep that in mind.

500mgs of testosterone enanthate for 10-12 weeks will give you what you want, and minimize sides. throw in .25mgs of adex eod and you will be good to go in all departments. enjoy.

i repeat, 500mgs of testosterone enanthate for 10-12 weeks.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Just a few things to consider.

Hair Loss:

Finasteride can be used with a testosterone cycle to reduce hairloss to those prone. It works by antagonizing the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme that converts testosterone and its derivitives to dihydrotestosterone. DHT is far worse on the scalp than testosterone.

Finasteride SHOULD NOT be used with Deca in fact it may even accelerate hairloss. The reason is that nandralone converts to DHN (dihydronandralone) which is easier on the hair than nandralone. Finasteride prevents this beneficial conversion leaving nandralone in its original form. Nandralone is far worse on the scalp than even DHT.

How soon does the compound act:

Any long-estered compound can be made to be more effective sooner by front-loading the dosage. The rate of "drip" doesn't change but the "drops" dripped are larger. However you need to get out a blood concentration calculator to figure out what this will do to the levels in your blood on any given day. The goal should be to achieve a fairly constant level.

What levels are ideal:

The collective conventional wisdom is that for Deca 400mg per week is the minimum needed to be effective...with the sweet spot between 400 and 600mg/week (depending on many factors).

capps

Awards
I READ IT ON THE INTERNETS, IT MUST BE TRUE!!!
:clap2:
Chemical Muscle Enhancement and Building the Perfect Beast were written by Author L. Rea. He is the president of ALRI? Not exactly the worst source to learn a thing or two from, IMO.

capps

Awards
alright throw out all the **** you read in whatever book that is.

if you are looking for that little amount of weight gain, a long estered pure mass builder isnt for you anyway.

you could probably run a legal pro hormone, and a very weak one at that. i cant suggest which one to you, as they are a dime a dozen recently and i prefer things with a bit of a stronger kick.

its going to be difficult to gain only that small amount of weight with your first cycle. first cycle gains are typically the most noticeable.

do not run deca, at 200mgs a day youll just majorly supress yourself and see very little of anything. deca is one of the hardest steroids to recover from. keep that in mind.

500mgs of testosterone enanthate for 10-12 weeks will give you what you want, and minimize sides. throw in .25mgs of adex eod and you will be good to go in all departments. enjoy.

i repeat, 500mgs of testosterone enanthate for 10-12 weeks.

Thanks for your suggestion. I know with hormones it's hard to keep your gains post cycle. In the long run I am looking for 6-10 pounds. With that said, after I do my cycle I want to be 6-10 lbs heavier 3 months after. I want permanent mass gain from the cycle. If I were to gain 15 lbs on 4 weeks of epistane, and then only retain 1/2 of that but keep it permanently that would be a success IMO. 500 mg test E for 10-12, gotcha lol. I am debating whether or not to go with a ph or do the test as I've been reading up on the hair loss sticky and I think I can make the most of keeping hair while on test. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

capps

Awards
Just a few things to consider.

Hair Loss:

Finasteride can be used with a testosterone cycle to reduce hairloss to those prone. It works by antagonizing the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme that converts testosterone and its derivitives to dihydrotestosterone. DHT is far worse on the scalp than testosterone.

Finasteride SHOULD NOT be used with Deca in fact it may even accelerate hairloss. The reason is that nandralone converts to DHN (dihydronandralone) which is easier on the hair than nandralone. Finasteride prevents this beneficial conversion leaving nandralone in its original form. Nandralone is far worse on the scalp than even DHT.

How soon does the compound act:

Any long-estered compound can be made to be more effective sooner by front-loading the dosage. The rate of "drip" doesn't change but the "drops" dripped are larger. However you need to get out a blood concentration calculator to figure out what this will do to the levels in your blood on any given day. The goal should be to achieve a fairly constant level.

What levels are ideal:

The collective conventional wisdom is that for Deca 400mg per week is the minimum needed to be effective...with the sweet spot between 400 and 600mg/week (depending on many factors).
Thanks for the post, I appreciate the condensed information. It makes my research alot easier.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a lot of people protect against hair loss with simple nizoral shampoo. 1%...straight off the grocery store shelf.

gains are not hard to keep post cycle if you do a correct post cycle therapy and eat with a significant surplus.

this is your first cycle, youll be able to keep it if you do it right.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Chemical Muscle Enhancement and Building the Perfect Beast were written by Author L. Rea. He is the president of ALRI? Not exactly the worst source to learn a thing or two from, IMO.
If you take anything I say here personally or seriously, you are going to have a very, very difficult time in this f*cked up world :)

capps

Awards
If you take anything I say here personally or seriously, you are going to have a very, very difficult time in this f*cked up world :)
HAHA..good point but don't worry I haven't taken anything you said seriously especially since I read your post on how epistane was a supplement and not a steroid. Do you know of any supplements that are both methylated and require post cycle therapy? Have a good weekend pal.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
HAHA..good point but don't worry I haven't taken anything you said seriously especially since I read your post on how epistane was a supplement and not a steroid. Do you know of any supplements that are both methylated and require post cycle therapy? Have a good weekend pal.
Dr. Pepper?

Chosk

Awards
Question about Deca

Naive. (Hey you asked).

Hey I was wondering if you could let me know where to get a real cycle of Deca and Test. Ive heard a lot that you should run them together. This is also going to be my very first cycle. I am 6' 1" and 200lbs and i want to get 230 asap. I also want to know your opinion on a good first cycle dosage. You can let me know a good web site

Chosk

Awards
Hey I am looking to run my first cycle. And I was wondering where I can get some legit Deca and Test Online?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because he's the president of a company means he knows bodybuilding? Not true at all.

And his pseudonym is horrible lol.

Btw ALRI has released numerous tainted or illegal products, not too trustworthy there.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's actually correct any hormone you inject regardless of the ester begins working right away. Now how long it takes to reach peak blood plasma levels is a different story. As stated deca is nandrolone with the indecyclanate ester attached a very "heavy" ester so it takes more time to reach its peak. I ran deca. I did not begin to see effects of deca til week five ( was stacked with dbol and test) it is very wet but a good mass builder- it also made it near impossible to have an orgasm.

Nandrolone phenyl propionate ( same drug with a much lighter ester) hits its peak at about day 7 I have used both and prefer the shorter eater phenyl propionate

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
it would be best to add a test to a deca cycle. Although , I wouldn't even bother with deca. Just my experience....

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
aNd. Everyone who said use test to combat sides is WRONG I'm sick of people thinking more test will combat deca dick because IT DOESNT deca dick is cause by prolactin increase and I don't care how much test you shoot if prolactin is too high your going to have deca dick

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
aNd. Everyone who said use test to combat sides is WRONG I'm sick of people thinking more test will combat deca dick because IT DOESNT deca dick is cause by prolactin increase and I don't care how much test you shoot if prolactin is too high your going to have deca dick
Exactly, I was wondering why people said that. You need something to combat prolactin, which still doesn't always help because (excuse my lack of science). I believe it's a different mechanism of prolactin increase.

Either way test doesn't fix prolactin sides