Epistane .. Alcohol

speedpastu

Awards
How bad would one night a week drinking while on epi be? Would beer be better then liquor. Yes I know I shouldn't be drinking while on it and on a hardcore workout regimen, but you gotta go out and chase the tail.. Let me know, thanks.
p.s. am taking perfect cycle liver support too

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Order an O'douls man....it's not a good idea. If you don't have the self control to stop drinking for one month out of your life, then you need to seriously reconsider juicing. Not trying to flame, just stating the truth IMO.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I got out and chase the tail on the regular. Without a drink in my hand. Diet coke maybe. Bottle of water.

It's a methylated steroid and you will cause damage. Now having a beer while on cycle won't kill you. By a beer, I mean just that...A single beer.

Rampage is right though. If you can't take a week off from drinking then you shouldn't be juicing. And IMO, it should be more than a month, some time before and a lot of time after.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
There are other drugs out there... ;)
Which is a tremendously smart comment...

...or not so much.

You're using gear to increase your body's potential. All recreational drugs do is decrease it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Don't take steroids if you don't have the discipline. You're just wasting your time, money and health.

speedpastu

Awards
jesus.. i know this all ... i was just asking how bad it would be if i went out once a week, i dont need a guilt trip

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Well, you you could end up with yellow eyes, a trip to the hospital and a liver that turns to mush...

But hey, being HYOOGE, getting drunk with your boys and chasing tail is well worth it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
jesus.. i know this all ... i was just asking how bad it would be if i went out once a week, i dont need a guilt trip
The short answer is that no one knows. Each person's physiology is different. One person might be just fine drinking alcohol while on steroids while another person might have liver failure. There's no way to predict what will happen to YOU.

So, what kind of answers could you expect from such a question?
TYPE 1: "Sure dude, I did it and didn't have any problems."
TYPE 2: "No dude, my skin turned yellow and I had to go to the emergency room."
TYPE 3: "Why take steroids if getting the most out of a cycle isn't your priority."

If you've decided to do this and just want some people to affirm your own decision, then go post the question at BB.com. If you want your peers to take you seriously and post their best advice to you, then post here at AM and get the kind of answers you received.

charger71

Awards
  • Established
I think what hes looking for is a good answer, which none of you provided. epistane IS less harsh on your liver then other orals, but it is still harsh on your liver. Do you all really think that drinking once a week while on epistane does more harm to your liver then stacking two methyls? i find that extremely hard to believe, unless in that one night you make it your goal to drink as much of a handle as possible before puking.

yeah if you drink on a regular basis while on gear then your a freakin retard, but i dont think thats his plan. and also if you think stacking superdrol/phera plex is less harsh then running epistane solo and drinking once a week then you are also a freakin retard.

bro i know your gonna do what you want, so if you do decide to drink then dont take any epistane that day, take your liver supplements while drinking and at the end up the night drink as much water as you can fit in your stomach.

charger71

Awards
  • Established
and i personally dont smoke weed but if thats an option for you then i would go that route before drinking, no harm to your liver and youll eat like a horse.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
Which is a tremendously smart comment...

...or not so much.

You're using gear to increase your body's potential. All recreational drugs do is decrease it.

actually, depends on what it is.

how about a cool nmda antagonist that gives you a nice 25 min buzz(much better than alcohol), calms you down if you used stims during the day or your steroid is raising your blood pressure.
is not metabolised by your liver, and its gentle comedown lasts 15 minutes and afterwards you sober.

doesny sound so bad, compared to a few cocktails now does it? :hammer:

this aint advise, just some personal opinion, grain of salt

BigPHusers11

BigPHusers11

Awards
  • Established
i get plastered in college and juice...its not as bad as everyone says....got a liver test enmzyes, etc. were excellent....i also took accutane before too it didnt hurt my liver it stayed the same...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Wow, its threads like this that give guys who juice a bad name...

charger71

Awards
  • Established
ok if you dont ever drink and you think alcohol is a terrible thing that nobody should ever touch then thats your opinion and i respect that, but you shouldnt be responding in this thread. im in the gym 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes, i eat right, sleep well and dont do ANY drugs. but im not OBSESSED or addicted to the bodybuilding life, i do enjoy a lifestyle away from the gym. and yes i like to get drunk once every week or two. ive gotten blood tests that showed nothing out of the ordinary and ive never pissed blood or crapped black. if youve taken M1T then your already putting more stress on your liver then a guy whos taking epistane and drinking once a week.

since when is it ok to stress your liver with extremely toxic aas but its not ok to have a drink every now and then? IM NOT SAYING ITS OK TO DRINK WHILE ON ANY GEAR but come on, a 6 pack every saturday night isnt gonna harm you anymore then the other crap a lot of people of this forum have taken.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying drinking is bad. But a separation between taking a methylated oral steroid and drinking should be done.

I never said that people shouldn't drink. Only that they shouldn't drink while taking these new designers. People who do and get sick will blame it on the supplement and not their judgment and all the users get a bad name.

charger71

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying drinking is bad. But a separation between taking a methylated oral steroid and drinking should be done.

I never said that people shouldn't drink. Only that they shouldn't drink while taking these new designers. People who do and get sick will blame it on the supplement and not their judgment and all the users get a bad name.
i do agree with you there, but if you dont know a lot about oral steroids you shouldnt be taking them in the first place. i think most people on this board know a good amount about what they are taking. driving by my local vitamin shop in huge letters it says IFORCE BOLD ON SALE NOW! whoever buys that isnt gonna have the slightest clue of what they are getting into...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
ok if you dont ever drink and you think alcohol is a terrible thing that nobody should ever touch then thats your opinion and i respect that, but you shouldnt be responding in this thread. im in the gym 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes, i eat right, sleep well and dont do ANY drugs. but im not OBSESSED or addicted to the bodybuilding life, i do enjoy a lifestyle away from the gym. and yes i like to get drunk once every week or two. ive gotten blood tests that showed nothing out of the ordinary and ive never pissed blood or crapped black. if youve taken M1T then your already putting more stress on your liver then a guy whos taking epistane and drinking once a week.

since when is it ok to stress your liver with extremely toxic anabolic steroids but its not ok to have a drink every now and then? IM NOT SAYING ITS OK TO DRINK WHILE ON ANY GEAR but come on, a 6 pack every saturday night isnt gonna harm you anymore then the other crap a lot of people of this forum have taken.

If a person can't abstain from alcohol for the 30 days he's on cycle, then he's demonstrating that he doesn't have the willpower, judgment and maturity to be taking the steroid in the first place.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
If a person can't abstain from alcohol for the 30 days he's on cycle, then he's demonstrating that he doesn't have the willpower, judgment and maturity to be taking the steroid in the first place.
why is it about will power?

why not just skip half the dose of the oral on the said night and have a few drinks?

i stopped drinking for a few moths without being on cycle and stopped during a few cycles and i actually had a few drink during a couple of other cycles.

as long as you dont excess *either alcohol or oral steroid dosages* ull be fine.

heres a little example. whats worse?

a 4 week cycle of both PP and SD no drinking at all
a 4 week cycle of sd, some drinking on a couple of the weekends

?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Great post. People will do what they want to do. Theres nothing you can do about that.

Seems as though most people are more concerned with what they look like on the outside than how things are working on the inside.

IMO, you should be more concerned with the latter.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to yeahright again.

BigPHusers11

BigPHusers11

Awards
  • Established
there is nothingg wrong with drinking once a week or once every two weeks...i doubt it would be able to hurt that much....say i ran superdrol for 3 week @ 10,20,20 and i drink once every twice weeks i wouldnt see a problem with this along with proper liver supports...

BigPHusers11

BigPHusers11

Awards
  • Established
Great post. People will do what they want to do. Theres nothing you can do about that.

Seems as though most people are more concerned with what they look like on the outside than how things are working on the inside.

IMO, you should be more concerned with the latter.
agreed...u cant drink nightly or really weekly on them...maybe a drink with dinner sometime...i dont condone drinking on steroids I just feel there is alot of stuff bad for the liver also...chinese herbs can also cause liver failure...

speedpastu

Awards
I think what hes looking for is a good answer, which none of you provided. epistane IS less harsh on your liver then other orals, but it is still harsh on your liver. Do you all really think that drinking once a week while on epistane does more harm to your liver then stacking two methyls? i find that extremely hard to believe, unless in that one night you make it your goal to drink as much of a handle as possible before puking.

yeah if you drink on a regular basis while on gear then your a freakin retard, but i dont think thats his plan. and also if you think stacking superdrol/phera plex is less harsh then running epistane solo and drinking once a week then you are also a freakin retard.

bro i know your gonna do what you want, so if you do decide to drink then dont take any epistane that day, take your liver supplements while drinking and at the end up the night drink as much water as you can fit in your stomach.
charger... thanks a lot... and u are exactly right i mean i dont plan on drinking all the time, i was just wondering if maybe i could not take a dose that day, stay on the perfect cycle that day, and maybe go out and have 5 or 6 beers, thats all. i appreciate your help man.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You guys realize that the alcohol isn't going to be processed until well into the next day...

So by your logic, skip two doses, have the hormone levels all out of wack and mess up gains, and have a lot more risks...

But I guess drinking is more important...I forgot about that.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
You guys realize that the alcohol isn't going to be processed until well into the next day...

So by your logic, skip two doses, have the hormone levels all out of wack and mess up gains, and have a lot more risks...

But I guess drinking is more important...I forgot about that.
why would drinking a few be processed the next day? why the delay?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
why would drinking a few be processed the next day? why the delay?
You are going to have to assume, like most food, alcohol takes about 24 hrs to run it's course.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
yeahright and PI both made points that should be taken seriously.

By taking compounds for anabolism, you are expressing a willingness to accelerate or push past your body's potential in a short time.

Drinking or getting high seems quite contradictory to this goal.

I am trying not to sound as if I am holier-than-thou, as I have done this very thing in my early ignorant years. It's just not going to help, but rather impede you.

alcohol has been shown to increase hepatic aromatase activity if that's a concern to anyone..

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
It takes your body about an hour to process the alcohol in one mixed drink... Unless you're on clen.. then it's probably like 20 minutes.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
It takes your body about an hour to process the alcohol in one mixed drink... Unless you're on clen.. then it's probably like 20 minutes.
explain to me why over 12 hours after ive stopped drinking i still blew a decent amount on a breathalyser?

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
How much did you drink? If you drink 12 shots of vodka, then 12 hours later you would still have it in your system... Not arguing, I just remember hearing something like that someplace.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In general, the body metabolizes about .5 ounces of alcohol per hour, I believe.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
explain to me why over 12 hours after ive stopped drinking i still blew a decent amount on a breathalyser?
interesting. o you a link or more info on this?
it is my understanding that that is no the case however.

PAR Dues from avant labs wrote a great chemically correct article on alcohol a while ago, gonna check it out again

Mind and Muscle

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
How much did you drink? If you drink 12 shots of vodka, then 12 hours later you would still have it in your system... Not arguing, I just remember hearing something like that someplace.
Really not too much. I blew under the legal limit, which was .10 at the time. I was never really intoxicated, but it was over 12 hours past my last drink.

dj, I'll do a search and see what I can find. This could turn into a good little debate.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
dj, I'll do a search and see what I can find. This could turn into a good little debate.
found it, fully referanced article:
"Due to limitations of ADH, metabolism of ethanol follows zero-order, straight line kinetics - meaning it is broken down at a constant rate (about a drink per hour) rather than having a half-life as most drugs do (11)."

Chemically Correct Booz!

again,people are different, some process it better than others, if you get a nasty hangover from 2 drinks then id avoid at all times not just on cycle.

on the other hand... :cheers: :woohoo:

also:
"Hepatotoxicity will not be reviewed as it is not a real concern for non-alcoholics, and alcoholics are not the intended audience of this article. Though, I will note that the notion that a single episode of concomitant Tylenol and ethanol use causing permanent liver damage has no basis in fact (81)."

the occasional drink just aint gonna stress it.

I should point out, that i myself have stopped regular weekend consumption of alcohol a long time ago.
i only have a few drinks irregularly, sometimes less than once a month.
Alcohol is bad for you. i am not arguing nor contesting contesting(read the article above)

But having a few while on cycle(except maybe on m-1t) just aint gonna make a huge differance, if you are doing everything else right and not Iv'ing the shots :)

:)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Good read...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to djremix again."

Blk98Bird

Awards
found it, fully referanced article:
"Due to limitations of ADH, metabolism of ethanol follows zero-order, straight line kinetics - meaning it is broken down at a constant rate (about a drink per hour) rather than having a half-life as most drugs do (11)."

Chemically Correct Booz!

again,people are different, some process it better than others, if you get a nasty hangover from 2 drinks then id avoid at all times not just on cycle.

on the other hand... :cheers: :woohoo:

also:
"Hepatotoxicity will not be reviewed as it is not a real concern for non-alcoholics, and alcoholics are not the intended audience of this article. Though, I will note that the notion that a single episode of concomitant Tylenol and ethanol use causing permanent liver damage has no basis in fact (81)."

the occasional drink just aint gonna stress it.

I should point out, that i myself have stopped regular weekend consumption of alcohol a long time ago.
i only have a few drinks irregularly, sometimes less than once a month.
Alcohol is bad for you. i am not arguing nor contesting contesting(read the article above)

But having a few while on cycle(except maybe on m-1t) just aint gonna make a huge differance, if you are doing everything else right and not Iv'ing the shots :)

:)

Good read. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the liver the only organ that also regenerates and repairs itself barring any cirrhosis? I would imagine that as long as you're not totally destroying the poor thing that you can recover given enough time off.

I still wouldn't totally support the idea of drinking while on, but it's good to know that a beer or two every now and then wouldn't kill a person!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

since when is it ok to stress your liver with extremely toxic anabolic steroids but its not ok to have a drink every now and then? IM NOT SAYING ITS OK TO DRINK WHILE ON ANY GEAR but come on, a 6 pack every saturday night isnt gonna harm you anymore then the other crap a lot of people of this forum have taken.
I know for a FACT that a six pack every sat night will do me a hell of alot more harm than cycling an oral will...that being the fact taht I cant tolerate more than 1 beer, so 6 would probably put me in a dangerous situation .. physically that is, and mentally also...lol

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Good read. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the liver the only organ that also regenerates and repairs itself barring any cirrhosis? I would imagine that as long as you're not totally destroying the poor thing that you can recover given enough time off.

I still wouldn't totally support the idea of drinking while on, but it's good to know that a beer or two every now and then wouldn't kill a person!
Yep, the liver regenerates over time.

charger71

Awards
  • Established
i guess some people just cant handle that much alcohol. i can drink a 12 pack get pretty drunk then drink a lot of water and be fine the next morning. hell my friends in college drink....well....im suprised they arnt dead, im guessing around 80 drinks a week. i know a few of them havnt gotten blood work that showed no problems at all. if marijuana ever gets legalized ill probabely completely quit drinking, it still blows me away the alcohol is legal and weed isnt....

charger71

Awards
  • Established
btw it is about an hour for each drink to get out of your system, so if you drink 1 beer an hour for 6 hours youll only have to wait an hour after your last beer to be completely sober. now this is the alcohol were talking about, im sure your body takes at least 24 hours to fully recover from it, ive had a 2 day hangover....it was the first reason i ever took a long break from drinking.

i do know of a condition where stuff sits in your stomach for long periods of time without being digested or absorbed, thats the only reason i could think alcohol would still be in your system 12 hours after your last drink...

traps

traps

Awards
u guys all have good points about alcohol and orals, but what about injections, like sustanon. would it be any better that way? rather than oral?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Picture a tug of war

Alcohol----|-----Steroids

Its one or the other man, they do opposite things, why do both bc not only do they compound negative effects but your bodys #1 agenda on steroids is to build muscle and your job hopefully is to provide and Optimal muscle building environment, while minimising damage. You dont want a guilt trip but theres nothing intelligent about this situation and anyone who will tell you what you want to hear is not an "expert" that should be giving advice. The truth hurts in this case bc theres no way to do this intelligently. Dehydration, decreased protein synthesis, increase in estrogen, poor diet..... does this sound like a good cycle. chase tail, why do you have to drink?

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
Picture a tug of war

Alcohol----|-----Steroids

Its one or the other man, they do opposite things, why do both bc not only do they compound negative effects but your bodys #1 agenda on steroids is to build muscle and your job hopefully is to provide and Optimal muscle building environment, while minimising damage. You dont want a guilt trip but theres nothing intelligent about this situation and anyone who will tell you what you want to hear is not an "expert" that should be giving advice. The truth hurts in this case bc theres no way to do this intelligently. Dehydration, decreased protein synthesis, increase in estrogen, poor diet..... does this sound like a good cycle. chase tail, why do you have to drink?
That is very very true, but you gotta be drinking every day or so for it to be that much of an impact. Still partly why is topped drinking occasionaly(1-3 times weekly)

BUT, picture this:

you are on a cycle for 4 weeks. 2 of these weekend you have a few drinks.
how can anyone say that this will affect your gains?
by what? 50g of lbm? 30g of fat? even these small numbers are doubtfull
and liver values? few drinks? doubtfull too unless you have a pre existing liver condition.

once in a blue moon aint gonna do anything except get you a tiny nice buzz :trout:

anabolicloc

anabolicloc

Awards
whats with all the people on this board except for yeah right
and pumpingiron
can you not stop drinking for a time period of a month?
can you not demonstate any self control?
whats the point in taking the risk of drinking while on a methylated steroid even if its something like epistane
you do not know how your body will react to it
maybe youll be fine?
but maybe you wont!!!!!
theres no point in doing it just so you can one night of fun and screw yourself up
and if you just want to have one beer
whats the point in one beer?
like yeahright said
if you dont have the will power to stop drinking while on cycle
you sholdnt be juicing in the first place
im sure there will be plenty of times after your cycle when you can get as hammered as you like

speedpastu

Awards
whats with all the people on this board except for yeah right
and pumpingiron
can you not stop drinking for a time period of a month?
can you not demonstate any self control?
whats the point in taking the risk of drinking while on a methylated steroid even if its something like epistane
you do not know how your body will react to it
maybe youll be fine?
but maybe you wont!!!!!
theres no point in doing it just so you can one night of fun and screw yourself up
and if you just want to have one beer
whats the point in one beer?
like yeahright said
if you dont have the will power to stop drinking while on cycle
you sholdnt be juicing in the first place
im sure there will be plenty of times after your cycle when you can get as hammered as you like

i love how having a couple beers is basically the worst thing for you and everyone is so worried about it but the same people are pumping their bodies full of crap and chemicals engineered in a lab that will end up making their hair fall out, have acne, make their nuts shrink, up their cholesterol, and put them at greater risk for liver cancer, prostate cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure for the rest of their life, increase their chances of a heart attack or stroke, not to mention probably take a couple years off their lives, as well as stacking mybe 2 or 3 of these substances together, but noooooo dont have a few beers maybe once on ur cycle of epistane!!!

anabolicloc

anabolicloc

Awards
i love how having a couple beers is basically the worst thing for you and everyone is so worried about it but the same people are pumping their bodies full of crap and chemicals engineered in a lab that will end up making their hair fall out, have acne, make their nuts shrink, up their cholesterol, and put them at greater risk for liver cancer, prostate cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure for the rest of their life not to mention probably take a couple years off their lives, but noooooo dont have a few beers maybe once on ur cycle of epistane!!!
first of all watch this video
click on steroids
http://www.dailymotion.com/related/2610028/video/x kvz7_steroids

second of all
if this is what these substances do tou
why make it any worse for a couple beers
whats the point in a couple beers
why not just have a couple juice boxes instead