Is there a way to avoid high doses of AAS?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I know that over time, you need to increase your dose of AAS if they're going to be effective. I've never done more than 400-500mg of anything per week. I'd really like to stay in that range. Is there any way this is possible? Would taking more time "off" make this possible?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not sure but i would think that if your doses started to rise and you took a long time off that you would need less next time around.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Probably depends on your goals. If you want to go the superheavyweight route..then you're doomed to keep upping the doses, never coming off et cetera.

If you are like me and simply want to keep a certain size going, I've never had to dose high. To hover around 190-195, I can get away with one or two cycles per year which gives the receptors plenty of time to upregulate again.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
stay "off" for 8-9 months out of the yr, use peptides the rest of the yr to maintain/add size.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"I'm also convinced people are upping their doses to insane amounts when they simply do not need to."

Completely agree with this and everything else you said, Klaus. People get greedy for gains and make the mistake of thinking more is not only better, but necessary.

Horrid example, but when M1T was all the rage..people were going upwards of 50 mg per day in some cases. I could get the same gains as some of these people at 5 mg..and I wished it would have come in 1 or 2 mg caps as this would have been even better.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
This all sounds really great.. Maybe one day there will be products/supplements that make our androgen receptors more sensitive... That would be something.. Other than that, I think laying off for extended periods of time would be best. I really don't ever want to see myself taking a gram of test and a gram of deca on a weekly basis. It just seems overkill.. However, I DO know that the more you take, the stronger you get - and the more gains you make. So I don't blame anyone for going that route..